Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 710

Thread: James Johnson Discussion

  1. #81
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Weems shouldn't and hopefully isn't going anywhere. He shot lights out again today (9-13 yesterday, 4-5 today (+ 4-4 from the line). He is finally healthy and playing really well its unfair he lost his starting job.
    lol what about when Kleiza returns next season, who will be waived/traded, Wright or Weems, I would keep Wright, the best third string SF, I don't think Weems could handle barely playing and when he does for very limited time and efficiently.

  2. #82
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I hope his defensive is infectious, I saw glimpses of Bargs defending yesterday so I can see it happening, I hope he teaches Jose some kickboxing so he isn't such a bitch, same with Bargs.

  3. #83
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    how about we call him JAMES.

    retarded nicknames are getting out of control.

  4. #84
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Really though. To earn a nickname in Toronto these days warrants one game now?

  5. #85
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Really though. To earn a nickname in Toronto these days warrants one game now?
    a nickname that is a play on their actual name, sure.. like, i have no issue with JuJu or Bargs

    but it's like everyone thinks this is grade 7, and one of their friends suggests that they should become a rap group... so they pretend for a week or two until they discover girls won't french kiss them if they look like a bunch of morons.

  6. #86
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You lost me on that one. LOL

    Does "JaJa Graboard" get the start next game?

  7. #87
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,660
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Defense, defense, defense.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Its hard to make any judgments on this guy yet. He played pretty solid but he was pretty stoked about playing his old team. He guarded these guys every day in practice so I would have hoped he would have had a good game. Seems like a good prospect.

    With that said, we need a huge huge upgrade for our starting sf and James Johnson is not it. I would be very nervous if I was Sonny or JuJu though. Someone's (or 2) got to go this summer.
    Well i think we should get rid of kleiza and bring in a backup PG. James should get the start, you cant expect a dude who barely got any playing time to be amazing. Give him some time, and as for weems idk i guess we could play him behind James.

  9. #89
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Hey Weems actually has the tools to be a solid defender when he tries. Kudos to Triano for sticking him on Rose for the last couple plays after Jose (like most PG's) couldn't guard him to save his life.

    Did Johnson lose a ton of weight? I think the reason I thought he was a PF is cause he was so huge last I saw him.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  10. #90
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Did Johnson lose a ton of weight? I think the reason I thought he was a PF is cause he was so huge last I saw him.
    He certainly did. College and 1st year he was big, but this off season stayed in Chicago and commited himself to losing the weight and conditioning. Did a helluva job.

  11. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can't wait to watch the Raps Vs Suns tomorrow. I hope James gets the start again

  12. #92
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    lol what about when Kleiza returns next season, who will be waived/traded, Wright or Weems, I would keep Wright, the best third string SF, I don't think Weems could handle barely playing and when he does for very limited time and efficiently.
    It should and hopefully will be Klieza and/or Wright.

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Can't wait to watch the Raps Vs Suns tomorrow. I hope James gets the start again
    He won't, he only got the start yesterday because it was his former team. Weems earned that job.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Feb 24th, 2011 at 09:43 PM.

  13. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    It should and hopefully will be Klieza and/or Wright.



    He won't, he only got the start yesterday because it was his former team. Weems earned that job.

    When are you going to be done worshipping weems? all he does is score, he can't do anything else. He's a SG playing SF because Kleiza was out he didn't earn shit. If they don't Start James tomorrow JT is retarded. James is the only player right now who actually knows how to play defence. Don't get me wrong i like weems but he doesn't deserve to start. He's better off the bench scoring.

  14. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My new Fav raptor!

  15. #95
    Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    It should and hopefully will be Klieza and/or Wright.



    He won't, he only got the start yesterday because it was his former team. Weems earned that job.
    I want Johnson in. Weems has been infuriating. Give the new man the chance.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

  16. #96
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,143
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Weems is at his best off the bench. Keep starting JJ.

  17. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Weems is at his best off the bench. Keep starting JJ.
    my point exactly, our bench scoring has been low and weems will improve that.

  18. #98
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    When are you going to be done worshipping weems? all he does is score, he can't do anything else. He's a SG playing SF because Kleiza was out he didn't earn shit. If they don't Start James tomorrow JT is retarded. James is the only player right now who actually knows how to play defence. Don't get me wrong i like weems but he doesn't deserve to start. He's better off the bench scoring.
    He doesn't just score. That's is a bullshit myth. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

  19. #99
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    243
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Weems is at his best off the bench. Keep starting JJ.
    DeRozan is at his best when Weems comes off the bench.

  20. #100
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,729
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    DeRozan is at his best when Weems comes off the bench.
    That's not true either.

    Sonny Weems 10.6 PT .568 of 7.4 FG .909 of 2.2 FT 1.000 of 0.2 3P 2.2/1.2 RB 0.6 AS 0.0 BL 1.0 ST 1.6 TO 1.6 PF 27.2 MN 5/4 GS

    DeMar DeRozan 19.2 PT .458 of 16.6 FG .833 of 4.8 FT .000 of 0.6 3P 4.4/1.6 RB 2.0 AS 0.4 BL 1.0 ST 1.6 TO 3.2 PF 37.9 MN 5/5 GS
    The reason it seems like that was before Weems got hurt Demar jumper was ass. Right now Demar's jumper is great (at least mid range) and it doesn't matter if Sonny is on the court or not.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Feb 25th, 2011 at 03:16 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •