Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: James Johnson Discussion

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

check out weems' total turnovers, its almost as much assists he got this season, LOL

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Before he got hurt his ball-handling was brutal. I think he has improved that since.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colangelo: Late first-rounder won't "remotely come close" to James Johnson's talent

From the Fan 590 interview yesterday:

I just know that from our standpoint we're looking at a list of 30 or 45 players that are in this draft class and there's nobody at 28 or 29 which is where the Miami pick was at this moment, that is going to supercede his talent level or remotely come close to it.

We're such a young basketball team right now that the thought and idea of adding two first round picks next year, our own pick and Miami pick, to an already young group is not the most tantalizing thing if you're looking at taking this a step further.
    Only time will tell if Colangelo is right.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post

...and I think he's right. It's a weak ass draft, and really, how much younger can you get?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    ...and I think he's right. It's a weak ass draft, and really, how much younger can you get?
    Maybe. Thing with drafts is that you never know who might fall for various reasons and who might be a top 15 pick going in that is available at 29. Still, BC is way more knowledgable about the draft class and Johnson's talent level than me, so I'll take his word for it. Still, it might be worthwhile to keep this statement somewhere safe just for the record.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Maybe. Thing with drafts is that you never know who might fall for various reasons and who might be a top 15 pick going in that is available at 29.
    agreed.. but you could say the same thing about 2nd rd picks... or even undrafted rookies... the draft is a funny system, and quality players slip through the cracks all the time for the silliest reasons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Maybe. Thing with drafts is that you never know who might fall for various reasons and who might be a top 15 pick going in that is available at 29. Still, BC is way more knowledgable about the draft class and Johnson's talent level than me, so I'll take his word for it. Still, it might be worthwhile to keep this statement somewhere safe just for the record.
    I mentioned this in another post but the guy from Draft Express said that a late 1st round pick in this year's draft is about as good as a mid 2nd rounder in any other typical year.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post

He will likely be proved wrong - Yes, it is a weak draft but it is only a weak draft because of there are no superstars in the draft. There are a lot of role players(Seniors and let us not forget that undrafted players in Wes Matthews and Gary Neal are playing well in the NBA - that is the work of a good scouting team). Consequently, we have not even played March Madness yet(some players in the lottery might fall all the way down after the competition if their team fell out early, something to remember and some fall based on "personality" issues(I am not a fan of the character red flags, imo can you play? if you can, you are welcome to my team). Just my 2 cents (Props to heinz57 and slaw for having thesame train of thought I was having too about this ).
    Last edited by smushmush; Fri Feb 25th, 2011 at 03:27 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    He doesn't just score. That's is a bullshit myth. http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6
    your the only person who thinks he should start. And what else does he do besides score? he can't pass, and he get like 2 boards a game and his Defence is not very good.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Feb 25th, 2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: inappropriate comments

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to the game tonight to see how James plays. First game with new team versus old team might create a little incentive not normally arisen.

Please just play physical and aggressive, something not always seen with current players at SF, and there will be little regret over the pick from me.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm... Take your chances finding talent with a late first-round pick in a weak draft, or trade for a known commodity (even if he is known to underachieve so far) that has been working and developing on a winning pro team over the past couple of years and can start working with the team immediately?

Given how well the Raptors have drafted in the past, I like the trade better than holding onto Miami's pick.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, you must have to be gay to support someone.

BTW He generally gets around 4 boards a game and he can pass and get steals.

Post Thanks / Like

Classy. Real classy.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Fri Feb 25th, 2011 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Quoted inappropriate comment deleted

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Ya, you must have to be gay to support someone.

BTW He generally gets around 4 boards a game and he can pass and get steals.
    He still shouldn't start. I hope he gets traded just so u stop acting like a little fanboy.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Classy. Real classy.
    thanks i know

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    He still shouldn't start. I hope he gets traded just so u stop acting like a little fanboy.
    We aren't going to get anything or anyone of equal value so I highly doubt that is going to happen.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gentlemen please keep conversations civil. Disagreements can be had without lowering one's integrity and credibility.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Ask Gregg Popovich, Tim Duncan, and RC Buford about weak ass draft picks in the late rounds.

I don't know, but their weak-ass draft picks tend to make it to All-Star games or weekends, dozens of playoff games, and +0.600 winning seasons.

Chicago got Taj Gibson last year, while Thabo Sefolosha was the 2nd team All-Defense of 2009-2010 for the Thunder (Thunder traded for Thabo using the (late 1st round) Taj Gibson pick). Chicago might find another gem in the 27th pick (yep, Miami will drop a spot), who the hell knows? This guy named Gar Foreman made that pick because he paid good money to his scouts to evaluate and analyze how to get rid of Tyrus "Fuck-it-could-of-been-Aldridge" Thomas and get a competent PF.

A GM's trust to his scouting department PWNS everyone in the league.

Raptors Republic Starter tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With how bad Colangelo evaluates late picks lately, and how bad Triano's coaching system is... we will not crush the dreams of a bright-eyed, late round pick player waiting for a golden opportunity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tonious35 wrote: View Post
    Ask Gregg Popovich, Tim Duncan, and RC Buford about weak ass draft picks in the late rounds.

I don't know, but their weak-ass draft picks tend to make it to All-Star games or weekends, dozens of playoff games, and +0.600 winning seasons.

Chicago got Taj Gibson last year, while Thabo Sefolosha was the 2nd team All-Defense of 2009-2010 for the Thunder (Thunder traded for Thabo using the (late 1st round) Taj Gibson pick). Chicago might find another gem in the 27th pick (yep, Miami will drop a spot), who the hell knows? This guy named Gar Foreman made that pick because he paid good money to his scouts to evaluate and analyze how to get rid of Tyrus "Fuck-it-could-of-been-Aldridge" Thomas and get a competent PF.

A GM's trust to his scouting department PWNS everyone in the league.
    Dude read my post again. I said weak DRAFT, not weak draft PICK.

It's gonna be even harder to find a sleeper this year. Look at BC's history of drafting in the 2nd round. And not just with the Raps.

And Gar Foreman?? Is he on the Rap's payroll? What's your point? And why would I ask Tim Duncan about weak draft picks? Is he a scout or something?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information