Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Is Raptors defense better because of Calderon not playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of you guys are all on the "Jack = Raptor's Defense" bandwagon

Jack is a good point guard but all the defensive plays involved "BELOW .500 teams"... Jack did not play well in the first part of the season and he did not play well against pg less Boston!!!..let me rephrase this.. Jack did not contribute/have no effort what so ever in the Boston game.

I bet you ... a million dollars if Jose plays well ... you guy will switch sides. All these "useless/false" controversy made up the media/fans are baloney.

Comment

Faithleader wrote: View Post
      Most of you guys are all on the "Jack = Raptor's Defense" bandwagon

Jack is a good point guard but all the defensive plays involved "BELOW .500 teams"... Jack did not play well in the first part of the season and he did not play well against pg less Boston!!!..let me rephrase this.. Jack did not contribute/have no effort what so ever in the Boston game.

I bet you ... a million dollars if Jose plays well ... you guy will switch sides. All these "useless/false" controversy made up the media/fans are baloney.
      He played well against the Spurs last night.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
        How many tough team do they fought?

Remember the time when Jose (two years ago) face boston, spurs, new orleans (new year eve when they were good), and so on....

"No one" have ever mention Jose defense until last year....when he was recovered from injured

Why not see what Jose could offer on the court when he is 100 percent healthy and NBA ready (recover his basketball mechanics)... I know you guys will say Jose play horrible when he start this year... just remember we had a hard schedule in the beginning and he didn't play basketball in the summer...

Lets see Jose in a couple more games before determining his fate

Comment

Points surrendered per 100 possessions:
          Banks 113
          Jack 116
          Calderon 117

BUT Banks is a net -5, Jack is a net -6, Calderon is net +5.

I have NEVER seen any real difference in the defense provided by Jack or Calderon and Calderon is having the worst year of his career! He will get better!
          The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
            Jack did play well.

He only let Parker go 9-11 and 23 pts.

Triano says he didn't let anyone help and Jack was getting pissed because Parker kept schooling him! Part of JT's plan - But really Jose would have done just as well.

Comment

It basically an illusion of the Jack = better defense for the raps

But how about this....
              can you really say Derek Fisher a better defensive pg than Calderon or Jack? due to their team defense success?

Its all about TEAM DEFENSE/Defensive System!

Comment

JJTO wrote: View Post
                If Triano is smart J.C will be on a short leash. If he doesn't get a hand in the shooter's face or if he gets blown by, take him out stat. With Banks being a little bulldog & Turk distributing the ball we're better (as a 2nd unit) at both ends of the floor. Banks stock went way up with me after he got up in G. Wallace' face last week.
                Banks is still a 3rd string PG. He didn't get skills because he got tougher.
                Raps will be better with a healthy Jose.

Comment

Working...
                X