Minnesota Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You know the idea of Barbosa and Calderon on draft day makes a lot of sense for MIN.

They have 2 SF in Beasley, Webster, and Johnson.
    They have Love and Randolph at PF (Beasley can also play there)
    They have Darko at C and Tolliver/Pekovic can play PF/C.

Basically their front court is set. They need guards.

Currently have Ellington, Ridnour, and Flynn back next year. A trade like this (will work draft day):
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4pos8oj (MIN draft pick to TOR, PHI draft pick to MIN)

gives them:

PG: Calderon/Rubio/Ridnour
    SG: Ellington/Barbosa/(draft pick - Burks?)

Ridnour could easily be traded - he is a great back up on a contending team.

MIN gets guard depth and vetern leadership.

PHI can resign Young.

TOR has 2 top draft picks (hopefully one is Irving), 2 young guards (Flynn/Bayless) who could return a future draft pick or include in a trade after seeing who is a good fit on the team as back up, and increased cap space to sign some veterans so the Raps are not in the situation MIN finds themselves right now.

After 3pm today, bring on the draft rumblings!
    Nice trade proposal, Matt, I think that's a fair one for both teams (not sure how PHI would feel about it); bring on the draft-day trades!

Comment

With Flynn gone to HOU, scratch this one. I still see MIN as a great place for Calderon on draft day.

*EDIT* Flynn did not get traded as reported. PHX snuck in last second with a surprising offer. Come draft day what are the odds Flynn stays with MIN?
      Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 12:09 AM.

Comment

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5tuuepv

This trade would a awesome and help both teams. Maybe if Minnesota isn't high on the draft we could squeeze their pick out of there too.

Comment

Kevin Love: "We're looking forward to (Ricky Rubio) coming. I'm sure he will have a big impact on the team and the league. I think he will be a key part for the future of the franchise." Marca.com

Comment

Working...
          X