Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: 118 points and not one 3 point shot made! WOW

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default 118 points and not one 3 point shot made! WOW

    Does anyone know if an NBA team has ever made over 100 points in a game and not have one three point shot made?

    Way to go Raps!

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    32
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    James Johnson was a beast, a very good underrated pickup by the raptors. 9 points, 5 rebounds, and he really good blocks. not bad

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not too bad at all. Looks like Triano used his subs and timeouts when he had to also. Hope it's uphill from here. Actually it can't get any worse right?

    Go Raps!

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Now I project the Raps winning 15 more games, all they need is to either draft a premier SF, or Kyrie Irving, I would also prefer them go after Jonas.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    Now I project the Raps winning 15 more games, all they need is to either draft a premier SF, or Kyrie Irving, I would also prefer them go after Jonas.
    http://www.disneypicture.net/data/me...s-brothers.jpg

    Which Jonas should they go after?

    (can anyone change this from a link to a pic?)

  6. #6
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,994
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know if an NBA team has ever made over 100 points in a game and not have one three point shot made?

    Way to go Raps!
    Without looking at the modern era, yes, for sure.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    Does anyone know if an NBA team has ever made over 100 points in a game and not have one three point shot made?

    Way to go Raps!
    I think a lot of teams have. But 118 with no threes is definitely impressive.

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I think a lot of teams have. But 118 with no threes is definitely impressive.
    Especially against one of the top defensive teams in the league.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    937
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, check the Elias game notes. The Raps themselves won a game and scored 100 without a 3 in 97. So it's not even an organizational first, let alone a league first.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310223028

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    285
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Since the 2000-01 season, 35 teams have scored 100+ points without making a three-pointer. The most recent occurrence (aside from the Raps) was January 21 of this year when Memphis beat Houston with 115 points despite not scoring a triple.

    The last time a team scored more than 118 points without a three-pointer was January 21, 2000, when Washington put up 123 on Indiana.

    Prior to around 1993-94, three-pointers were actually relatively uncommon events for many teams. On November 7, 1990, San Antonio defeated Denver 161-153 (in regulation) without even attempting a three. Denver made just 4 in the loss.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jrdyck wrote: View Post
    Since the 2000-01 season, 35 teams have scored 100+ points without making a three-pointer. The most recent occurrence (aside from the Raps) was January 21 of this year when Memphis beat Houston with 115 points despite not scoring a triple.

    The last time a team scored more than 118 points without a three-pointer was January 21, 2000, when Washington put up 123 on Indiana.

    Prior to around 1993-94, three-pointers were actually relatively uncommon events for many teams. On November 7, 1990, San Antonio defeated Denver 161-153 (in regulation) without even attempting a three. Denver made just 4 in the loss.
    Wow... interesting trivia.

    You should look at a job in the truck for Raps broadcasts!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •