118 points and not one 3 point shot made! WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 118 points and not one 3 point shot made! WOW

Does anyone know if an NBA team has ever made over 100 points in a game and not have one three point shot made?

Way to go Raps!

James Johnson was a beast, a very good underrated pickup by the raptors. 9 points, 5 rebounds, and he really good blocks. not bad

Comment

Not too bad at all. Looks like Triano used his subs and timeouts when he had to also. Hope it's uphill from here. Actually it can't get any worse right?

Go Raps!

Comment

Now I project the Raps winning 15 more games, all they need is to either draft a premier SF, or Kyrie Irving, I would also prefer them go after Jonas.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
          Now I project the Raps winning 15 more games, all they need is to either draft a premier SF, or Kyrie Irving, I would also prefer them go after Jonas.
          http://www.disneypicture.net/data/me...s-brothers.jpg

Which Jonas should they go after?

(can anyone change this from a link to a pic?)

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
            Does anyone know if an NBA team has ever made over 100 points in a game and not have one three point shot made?

Way to go Raps!
            Without looking at the modern era, yes, for sure.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post

Way to go Raps!
              I think a lot of teams have. But 118 with no threes is definitely impressive.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                I think a lot of teams have. But 118 with no threes is definitely impressive.
                Especially against one of the top defensive teams in the league.

Comment

Yeah, check the Elias game notes. The Raps themselves won a game and scored 100 without a 3 in 97. So it's not even an organizational first, let alone a league first.
                  http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=310223028

Comment

Since the 2000-01 season, 35 teams have scored 100+ points without making a three-pointer. The most recent occurrence (aside from the Raps) was January 21 of this year when Memphis beat Houston with 115 points despite not scoring a triple.

The last time a team scored more than 118 points without a three-pointer was January 21, 2000, when Washington put up 123 on Indiana.

Prior to around 1993-94, three-pointers were actually relatively uncommon events for many teams. On November 7, 1990, San Antonio defeated Denver 161-153 (in regulation) without even attempting a three. Denver made just 4 in the loss.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                      Since the 2000-01 season, 35 teams have scored 100+ points without making a three-pointer. The most recent occurrence (aside from the Raps) was January 21 of this year when Memphis beat Houston with 115 points despite not scoring a triple.

The last time a team scored more than 118 points without a three-pointer was January 21, 2000, when Washington put up 123 on Indiana.

Prior to around 1993-94, three-pointers were actually relatively uncommon events for many teams. On November 7, 1990, San Antonio defeated Denver 161-153 (in regulation) without even attempting a three. Denver made just 4 in the loss.
                      Wow... interesting trivia.

You should look at a job in the truck for Raps broadcasts!

Comment

Working...
                      X