Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: CHI post game

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default CHI post game

    James Johnson is taking the Raps to the promised land! ha, not quite but good start nonetheless. No one can deny his size and physicality - I like it. Still wish we had the first round pick and him! 5 rebs, 3 blks, 6 FTA made 5, highlight dunk.

    Bargnani and DD had 48 points between them. More impressive is the 8 assits between them - 4 each. More impressive again, 18/19 FT between them.

    Amir was active as usual. Efficient game - 8 for 8, 3 blocks, 2 steals!

    Jose played very well. Smart shots, 17dimes, 3 stls. Rose manhandled him late though getting to the rim at will. The only consolation for Jose is he does that to most PG's in the league.

    I have to give Weems credit. Pretty good game offensively and played good possession vs. Rose at the end - still a bench player.

    Why did Davis only play 12 minutes? 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 for 4.... oh, 5 fouls, nevermind.

    Bayless probably played his worst game as a Raptor, IMO. Enough said on him. Hopefully he bounces back.

    The biggest shock of the night: Andrea played both sides of the ball! He held his own on D. I think I actually saw him hedging on screens. Is this a one-night only show or is it to be continued?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 at 09:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,541
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is taking the Raps to the promised land! ha, not quite but good start nonetheless. No one can deny his size and physicality - I like it. Still wish we had the first round pick and him! 5 rebs, 3 blks, 6 FTA made 5, highlight dunk.

    Bargnani and DD had 48 points between them. More impressive is the 8 assits between them - 4 each. More impressive again, 18/19 FT between them.

    Amir was active as usual. Efficient game - 8 for 8, 3 blocks, 2 steals!

    Jose played very well. Smart shots, 17dimes, 3 stls. Rose manhandled him late though getting to the rim at will. The only consolation for Jose is he does that to most PG's in the league.

    I have to give Weems credit. Pretty good game offensively and played good possession vs. Rose at the end - still a bench player.

    Why did Davis only play 12 minutes? 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 for 4.... oh, 5 fouls, nevermind.

    Bayless probably played his worst game as a Raptor, IMO. Enough said on him. Hopefully he bounces back.

    The biggest shock of the night: Andrea played both sides of the ball! He held his own on D. I think I actually saw him hedging on screens. Is this a one-night only show or is it to be continued?
    Don't forget that Andrea had 8 defensive rebounds to go along with the other goodies.....and DeRozan going with the shot fake to draw a foul late and makes both at the stripe.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the team played like this everynight we could have a pretty good team
    but of course we are plagued with injuries and inconsistincy
    Hopefully this continues, by i doubt it will

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    If the team played like this everynight we could have a pretty good team
    but of course we are plagued with injuries and inconsistincy
    Hopefully this continues, by i doubt it will
    Unfortunately you are probably right as this has been the case all season. You've got to take the victories (moral ones included) when you can though.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    51
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    looks like we have a promising defensive minded foward, its been awhile

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote South_Side_Jane wrote: View Post
    looks like we have a promising defensive minded foward, its been awhile
    It will be interesting to see how he plays against other teams. Will he bring the same intensity? Did he have an advantage playing against these guys for 2 years? Not trying to be a buzz-kill but one game, as impressive as it was, is still one game.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Bargs

    Truth is, Bargs was a volume shooter tonight. he needs to work on his shot. He is a good shooter, but he is no Dirk.

    These are the frustrating nights because you see him do a whole bunch of things beyond just shooting the ball. He played pretty well all over the court tonight.

    Johnson looks strong, but is he quick enough to guard the three?

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
    Truth is, Bargs was a volume shooter tonight. he needs to work on his shot. He is a good shooter, but he is no Dirk.
    Take away the 4-5 missed shots on fouls and he is 50% for the night.
    Take away the deep, deep 3 with 2 left on shot clock and he is over 50% for the night.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Take away the 4-5 missed shots on fouls and he is 50% for the night.
    Take away the deep, deep 3 with 2 left on shot clock and he is over 50% for the night.
    However when comparing him to others they also get fouled so 50% is not so impressive. He continues to shoot a percentage like a 2 not a 5 OR a 4. That said if he continues to play hard and actually play D then great. Track record doesn't bear that out but hey it's a rebuild year.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,785
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think that was the best game of the season for Demar. Made a ton of great plays and really came through at the end.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Maleko wrote: View Post
    However when comparing him to others they also get fouled so 50% is not so impressive. He continues to shoot a percentage like a 2 not a 5 OR a 4. That said if he continues to play hard and actually play D then great. Track record doesn't bear that out but hey it's a rebuild year.
    Good point.

    I guess no matter what he does he will always do something wrong for a lot of Raps fans. It is a shame, really.

    Personally, I thought he played very well this tonight and was a big part of the team's win.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    726
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    James Johnson is taking the Raps to the promised land! ha, not quite but good start nonetheless. No one can deny his size and physicality - I like it. Still wish we had the first round pick and him! 5 rebs, 3 blks, 6 FTA made 5, highlight dunk.

    Bargnani and DD had 48 points between them. More impressive is the 8 assits between them - 4 each. More impressive again, 18/19 FT between them.

    Amir was active as usual. Efficient game - 8 for 8, 3 blocks, 2 steals!

    Jose played very well. Smart shots, 17dimes, 3 stls. Rose manhandled him late though getting to the rim at will. The only consolation for Jose is he does that to most PG's in the league.

    I have to give Weems credit. Pretty good game offensively and played good possession vs. Rose at the end - still a bench player.

    Why did Davis only play 12 minutes? 5 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 3 for 4.... oh, 5 fouls, nevermind.

    Bayless probably played his worst game as a Raptor, IMO. Enough said on him. Hopefully he bounces back.

    The biggest shock of the night: Andrea played both sides of the ball! He held his own on D. I think I actually saw him hedging on screens. Is this a one-night only show or is it to be continued?
    I think he will go back to his normal self after the Trade deadline is over! lol

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    I think he will go back to his normal self after the Trade deadline is over! lol
    Sad but true! haha

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    124
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No props needed!
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Take away the 4-5 missed shots on fouls and he is 50% for the night.
    Take away the deep, deep 3 with 2 left on shot clock and he is over 50% for the night.
    lmao, fg attempts when you get fouled and you miss aren't recorded.

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Everyone sans Bayless played generally well. Bayless has huge braces on both of his knees, and his confidence looks shot. Say what you want our his body language but the guy runs on swag. That doesn't excuse his horrendous play of late though.

    And Bargs got 8 boards, played passable D AND scored at a decent clip against an elite defensive team. Why the hell can't he do this more? >.>

    James Johnson is our saviour, until he has a crappy game, and then we'll want to throw in away for nothing and realize that we are going to miss out on that steal of the draft that we obviously can't possibly trade for.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    84
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default fuck bargnani and calderon

    I know the thread is post game so just wanna say all I saw was 2 minute highlights but the derozan alley to JJ was lookin good. Just want to say one thing with the trade deadline here I dont know why were not selling calderon bargnani and barbosa. With Calderon and Bargnani on this team we will continue to be the worst defensive team in the league. I dont care how good bargnani and calderon look on offense (inconsistently).. they still are two of the worst defenders in the league period and they are top 2 highest paid on the team. If ur getting paid 9 mill and 8 mill respectively u better be good on both ends of the court.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    on top of Jenna Jameson
    Posts
    764
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    An entertaining game and a good game by the new addition - what more can you ask 4?
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    768
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    PLus we got the new and awesome Demar Derozan slogan. " No props Needed" thats a win in itself lol

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I though Devlin wore that saying out. It was getting [really] annoying.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •