Trade: Gerald Wallace For Joel Przybilla & Two 1st Round Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade: Gerald Wallace For Joel Przybilla & Two 1st Round Pick

Charlotte's Gerald Wallace has been traded to Portland, a league source tells Y!
    Source: Adrian Wojnarowski's Twitter Page

The Charlotte Bobcats have traded Gerald Wallace(notes) to the Portland Blazers for Joel Przybilla(notes) and a second-round pick, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Before anyone starts huffing and puffing remember that Gerald Wallace made it clear in the past that he never wants to play for the Toronto Raptors.

WOW .... that deal kind of surprises me. Nice pick-up for the Blazers.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Before anyone starts huffing and puffing remember that Gerald Wallace made it clear in the past that he never wants to play for the Toronto Raptors.
      Haha... My cousin just asked "Why the heck didn't we get Wallace?"

Comment

i guess they screwed Rudy Fernandez big time on this one.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
          i guess they screwed Rudy Fernandez big time on this one.
          I was thinking this move would impact Batum more that it would Rudy.

Comment

The Bobcats were asking for Batum but the Blazers would not budge. I think Batum is still in the plans.

Comment

This is win-win for BLazers. They add to current team and playoff drive while giving up no young talent.

Biggest salary dump of the season thus far - hands down.

Comment

It's 2 first round picks not 2nd round pick.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...eblazers022411

Comment

Blazers have really surprised me this year. Considering the rape of injuries they've had it's amazing to see how well they've done. With this trade they basically go from a mishmash of injured dudes to a solid 8 man rotation. They can potentially play camby/aldridge/Wallace/batum/Roy lineup and who would want anything to do with that?
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Wow it is bleak in Charlotte right now. I'd feel bad for those fans if they had any.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Michael Jordan was a great player, but he's a really poor GM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        This is win-win for BLazers. They add to current team and playoff drive while giving up no young talent.

Biggest salary dump of the season thus far - hands down.
                        It's a salary dump but man, when healthy, Wallace is the man for the playoffs. He just grinds you for everything. As for the Blazers, I attribute their continued success despite injuries to Lamarcus Aldridge. He was pegged as soft by many but I really liked his game in Texas (NCAA) far more than Bargs (at Treviso). Well, at least we're not Chicago, beating themselves up for trading him for Tyrus Thomas.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

He wasn't even making that much compared to the rest of the players in the league, especially the ones who put up #s like him. If the bobcat situation is that bad they should move ASAP to someplace with fans like Seattle or Vancouver.

Gerald Wallace Salary - Blazers: $9.86M 2011 | $10.7M 2012 | $11.4M 2013 (P)

Comment

Working...
                          X