Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speculation: When does Barbosa get shut down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speculation: When does Barbosa get shut down?

WIth the injuries and reported requiring of surgeries, when does Barbosa get shut down to

a) give as much time as possible to come back next season 100%

or

b) have trade value on draft day?

The Raps aren't making the playoffs and, like it or not, the res of the season is about player development and draft talk.

(While some or all may disagree, I don't consider this tanking at this point - the season is already tanked. I consider this putting the best long term interests of the franchise and Leandro).

that's not tanking at all... dude's been a walking calamity all season.. tapping out for surgery and recovery would have been perfectly fine months ago

Comment

The season is lost. If they wanted to shut him down now to insure he's 100% for next season then that's not tanking, that's playing it safe and smart. Tanking is losing by intention. I would welcome him being shut down at this point if it helps him for next season. It would free up minutes for Bayless, James Johnson and Ed Davis. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

woah, i almost blew my top there. i misread and thought you said "the season is not lost".
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Strikes me that Barbosa legitimately loves playing the game and wants to play. I agree that shutting him down, for his and the team's future, might be a good long-term initiative, but I'm sure he wants to play as much as he can.

Comment

I think if they intended to keep him, they would have shut him down already. I think they might be showcasing his talents for a trade. Too bad, he's awesome. Hopefully they find a way to keep him!

Comment

Yeah I would say depends on how long the recovery will take. If it's only 2 or 3 months and he wants to play then I think he should play all he wants.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                The season is lost. If they wanted to shut him down now to insure he's 100% for next season then that's not tanking, that's playing it safe and smart. Tanking is losing by intention. I would welcome him being shut down at this point if it helps him for next season. It would free up minutes for Bayless, James Johnson and Ed Davis. Nothing wrong with that.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  thats some hardcore shit bro. i like it

Comment

this should be James johnson's Theme song.

Comment

Working...
                    X