Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We Done With The Euro-Centric Drafts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    they should just draft honkies.

the raps have had more minority draft pick flops than honkies.

that's not racist at all.

"Where are all the white women at?"
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      they should just draft honkies.

the raps have had more minority draft pick flops than honkies.

that's not racist at all.
      Wait...I'm confused. Which one is Hoffa?

Comment

Beaverboi wrote: View Post
        Wait...I'm confused. Which one is Hoffa?
        he's a grey area... depends on what you need to support your completely unfounded argument... so for now, he's a minority to me.

tomorrow, when i see a cab pass me by to pick him up instead... he's totally a honkie.

Comment

It bothers me when people rant about euro players, especially when you consider there's a couple who are arguably top 10 players right now. That said, there's not a a single euro in this draft I'd take. Kanter is intriguing but his knee issues is just too glaring a problem. This is a draft we need a really solid pick on if we're going to be anything in a couple years. ESPECIALLY when you consider how high we'll most likely be drafting.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

You know, I'd never want Pau Gasol on my team. You know that guy is from Spain and Spain is in Europe? lol

In all seriousness, where a player is from has little to do with their style of game. Many Euro playerss are finese and many are bangers. Many North American players are finese and many are bangers.

Getting the best players possible is the goal regardless of Place of Birth on their birth certificate.

Comment

The way people complain about euros game, you'd think Bosh was from Turkey.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                The way people complain about euros game, you'd think Bosh was from Turkey.
                bosh isn't from turkey... he just plays one on tv.

Comment

Let's be honest, there are no 7'0 athletic centers that can play game changing defense coming out of the euro league this year.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    It bothers me when people rant about euro players, especially when you consider there's a couple who are arguably top 10 players right now. That said, there's not a a single euro in this draft I'd take. Kanter is intriguing but his knee issues is just too glaring a problem. This is a draft we need a really solid pick on if we're going to be anything in a couple years. ESPECIALLY when you consider how high we'll most likely be drafting.
                    How serious is the knee injury?
                    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                      Let's be honest, there are no 7'0 athletic centers that can play game changing defense coming out of the euro league this year.
                      And there are some in the NCAA?
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        let's be honest, there's only like a half dozen of those in the NBA

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                          The name being floated around is Enes Kanter, a 6-foot 11-inch, 272-pound C/PF from Turkey. Is he good? I dunno. Imagine my horror when I went on ESPN's draft simulator and he came up for the Raptors.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft

Yes, I know it is set to "Harrison Barnes" right now. But not before. No, it was locked in on "unknown European talent that might or might not ever show up." Congrats on using your picks on The Invisible Man. Checking our recent draft picks is a bit of a horror story. Well not if you demand harsh consonants and a lot of "k's." And a lot of bad drafting.

Looking at the Raptors draft picks is a carcrash at times.

1st - 8. Rafael Araujo (just before Iggy)
                          2nd - 39. Albert Miralles (?)

1st - 7. Charlie Villaneuva (ugh, Joey Graham bad), 16. Joey Graham (UGH)
                          2nd - 41. Roko Ukic, 58. Uros Slokar (seriously, were you just going for hard k sounds?)

1st - 1. Bargnani (to quote Simmons "Bargs scores 24 pts/3 rebs, gives up 42 pts/14 rbs)

PJ Tucker, Edin Bavcic (STOP IT), no drafts in 2007 but wanted to take Milovan Rakovic and/or Stanko Barac, 2008 Hibbert @ 17.,

Finally DeRozan in 2009. Ed Davis in 2010.

Can we all agree it is time to let the experiment go? Stop with the Euro projects.
                          I can get why you guys are looking racist by saying we should not draft an euro with our top draft pick(moreover, we got burnt the last time, drafting an Euro with a Top 5 pick, *cough* Bargs). However, there are good European players in the league(Omer Asik - the anti-Euro center logging significant minutes on the Tom Thibbodeau led Top 3 Chicago Bulls, Ersan Ilyasova on the Milwaukee Bucks with their stingy defense under Scott Skiles, Semih Erden - a third string center that filled in for the Boston Celtics admirably well when Shaquille O'neal and Jermaine O'neal went down with injury, the Gasol brothers playing nice stifling D for their respective teams and others too), it is just that I can not trust BC and his awful scouting group under Jim Kelly to ever find the good European player - a diamond in the rough, the team needs. I am not racist(I am black) but due to the ineptitude of our drafting team(to be sincere, our drafting history is a joke and the Raptors organization has probably been 5 years behind of where we are supposed to be because of our bad drafting record), it is therefore okay to go the safe route and draft an African-American(even though they might leave at the end of their contracts, but imo they are leaving because this organization is a joke and we are losing too much. The truth is bitter guys sigh.). I rest my case.

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
                            i don't think we shouldn't draft a euro just for the sake of drafting a euro, kanter is a different monster than that pssy we call a centre, bargnani. If irving is gone (or doesn't look like the player we thought he is) and the best prospect left is kanter, and we determine his knees aren't completely shot than by all means draft him.
                            Actually, the best prospect if Kyrie Irving is not on the board is Terrence Jones imo.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                              And there are some in the NCAA?
                              I mentioned that because someone brought up enes kanter. He would basically be a PF or undersized center in the NBA and their are better defenders coming out of the NCAA at his size and position. Plus we have Davis I.E there is nothing coming out of euro league for us

Comment

I'd take Derrick Williams over Terrence Jones anyday, thats just my opinion.
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X