Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Brookes to PHX - Brooks for Bayless next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Brookes to PHX - Brooks for Bayless next?

All those rumblings about Bayless being acquired to see could return home to PHX for Nash returning home to TOR never made sense.

But Brooks for Bayless does make sense - more sense than Brookes playing behind Nash. Something is going to happen. Brookes or Nash or both are on the move.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Well its going to have to wait

Comment

No thank you to Brooks.

Comment

Dude, you do realize that the trade deadline passed 15 hours before you posted this right?
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Are we really discussing this? Wow!!!
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Dude, you do realize that the trade deadline passed 15 hours before you posted this right?
            lol touche?

Comment

The SUns aren't gonna deal Brooks for Bayless. Brooks is Nash's heir apparent.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
                All those rumblings about Bayless being acquired to see could return home to PHX for Nash returning home to TOR never made sense.

But Brooks for Bayless does make sense - more sense than Brookes playing behind Nash. Something is going to happen. Brookes or Nash or both are on the move.
                Brooks was acquired by the Phoenix Suns for a playoff push and a long haul for the playoffs, if the Phoenix Suns get in so the Bayless for Brooks trade is very unlikely(and when last has BC even fleeced a GM in a trade? Aaron Brooks is way ahead of Bayless and Bayless time in the league is limited after his rookie contract imo) as they just traded Goran Dragic(who is even better than Bayless despite having a down season statistically and performance wise) for a capable backup in Aaron Brooks. Sorry, to burst your bubble lol .

Comment

The Dragic for Brooks trade was stupid to begin with, Bayless for Brooks would be even worse. Dudes a chucker in the worst sense of the word.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I was very surprised that Phoenix traded Dragic, Kerr used to be very high on him and I thought that was the organization's stance as well. Oh well. He's definitely better than Bayless, no doubt.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      I was very surprised that Phoenix traded Dragic, Kerr used to be very high on him and I thought that was the organization's stance as well. Oh well. He's definitely better than Bayless, no doubt.
                      Dragic is definitely better than Bayless? Or Brooks is definately better than Bayless?

Either way, looking at solely this seasons stats, and there is nothing definite about it. Dragic and Bayless are actually almost identical, with Bayless taking it by a hair in my opinion. And Brooks, though he puts up slightly more points, his 3p% and FG% are BRUTAL, plays 5 more minutes a game, and doesn't stand out in any catergories over Bayless.

Not to mention Bayless is younger than both by a few years. I'll take Bayless over either of them.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Feb 25, 2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Not to mention Bayless is younger than both by a few years. I'll take Bayless over either of them.
                        +1.

I was really hoping that Calderon would be traded at deadline. First because I think with his kind of talent for running an offense he should be playing with a better team than the Raptors, and second because I wanted to see what Bayless could do with greater responsiblity at the point.

I think we've seen great flashes from Bayless, particularily when he led the historical comeback against Detroit. I would hate to see his potential wasted.

Comment

When guys DON'T want to play with you, as is the case with Brooks, then maybe he's not the best PG. Brooks is the anti-Nash. He doesn't pass, shoots all the time and makes those around him worse. The only thing they have in common is neither is a good defensive player.

If Colanglo ever trades for him, I'm going to fly to Toronto and slap him across the face.

And since it wasn't put on the RR front page, for some reason, here's my rundown of all the trades....
                          http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...d-more-trades/
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            When guys DON'T want to play with you, as is the case with Brooks, then maybe he's not the best PG. Brooks is the anti-Nash. He doesn't pass, shoots all the time and makes those around him worse. The only thing they have in common is neither is a good defensive player.

If Colanglo ever trades for him, I'm going to fly to Toronto and slap him across the face.

And since it wasn't put on the RR front page, for some reason, here's my rundown of all the trades....
                            http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...d-more-trades/
                            other than the unabashed self promotion.... totally agree with you on this one..

my first reaction to this trade was "That Daryl Morey... he's one smart mother fu$%er"

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              other than the unabashed self promotion.... totally agree with you on this one..

my first reaction to this trade was "That Daryl Morey... he's one smart mother fu$%er"
                              You don't agree with self promotion? What are you a communist?

Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X