Last place anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
    I don't mind losing but i have a hard time tolerating it on purpose....
    Well said.

Comment

This mentality is disgusting. Why watch the games then? To watch and hope they lose? For a CHANCE at a stupid high pick? We pick that person, and what? Problem solved? C'mon, son! *side eye*
      Last edited by GameBreaker; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 10:47 AM.
      The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
      Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
      www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
      http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
      http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Does anyone know if Irving will be declaring for the draft or will he be returning to Duke next year?

Comment

What troubles me about this season is that earlier on it seemed like the raps were competing and losing whereas now it just seems like we are losing. Getting the number 1 draft pick would be great but it didn't seem to do that much for us last time we got it. Getting last place doesn't guarantee the number 1 pick anyway. I don't care about wins or losses. The truth is we have a team that has LESS talent (or whatever you want to call it) than most other NBA teams, heck there were predictions that said we wouldn't win 16 games all season! It is not surprising that we have as many loses as we do. However, I do feel like the effort/attitude/culture/mentality is HUGE problem. If the raptors continue with this dismal performance I don't think it matters what draft pick we get. However, i haven't written off Triano or Coangelo just yet, IF the raps can turn it around a little bit (not necessarily with wins) and play some consistent hard-nosed basketball by end the year then there is some hope that a good draft pick could help. At this point Wins and Losses don't matter. Effort and execution does.
          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
            Question. Would it be the worst thing in the world for us to become the worst team in the league? The game sucked tonight, no doubts about it, but I couldn't help coming back to the though "we need to get a high pick." On ESPN they have an article about how cleveland is going after Irving. I can't see anyone else we'd want to take. we need a floor general with heart. Calderon is good but isn't a leader and Bayless just has attitude. Irving is the only person we should take. So, back to my original question. Would it be so bad if we get last in the league? What do you think?
            Unfortunately, being the last place in the NBA does not guarantee the first pick(look at Boston the year of Tim Duncan, and Nets last year lol) and if we believe in David Stern's conspiracy of choosing the team with a draft pick in a definite way - Cleveland Cavaliers win it this year to mitigate the disastrous leaving of LeBron James.
            Last edited by smushmush; Sat Feb 26, 2011, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
              It does not matter how low you go if your GM does not have an eye for talent and giving out the right contracts to the right people.
              It does not matter how low you go if your coach can not implement a defensive system after 3 years or motivate your players to play.

You can bring Irving and .... this team is flawed at its core. It is team build on scrubs , coached by a scrub and run by a GM who is a fraud and way passed his Golden Days.
              which is why I have been saying BC & Triano need to go. When you don't have a system and a plan(a defensive plan being put on the backburner in BC's acquisitions and his recent coach), you are gonna have another star leave like Damon Stoudemire, Tracy Mcgrady, Vince Carter and Bosh did. This organization is a joke - I don't see an organization where bad performance is rewarded with a shiny 5 year contract at the same salary(BC), a coach is not fired after being given a decent supporting cast to make the playoffs and the team is bottom 5 in defending in his era or a player given a 5 year, $50 million contract which he can not command that on the free market, refuses to defend and is an elephant in the dressing room as a symbol of an untouchable(Bargs) in the NBA. The organization needs a cleansing from the top down which is management to the draft scouting team to the players. Infact, press the reset button and start all over again, I bet you, it can't be worse than this(We have hit rock bottom anyway).

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                if cleveland takes him im going over there and murdering they're GM. Or if we get the oppertunity and pass him up i'll murder BC. Our PG's r bad well Jose is good, but offensively he stinks.Bayless is just an undersized SG who can't pass for his life. WE NEED IRVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                If Cleveland Cavaliers gets the first pick (which we believe if David Stern has some conspiracy in giving the #1 pick, also to mitigate the loss of a once in a lifetime player in LeBron James(hope the new CBA has the franchise tag to address this big time)), they are most likely drafting Kyrie Irving(if he declares) and they are not gonna trade that pick as the Cleveland Cavaliers needs an infusion of talent at every known position.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Bring it on and let the losses pile. We can conceivably lose til' the end of the season with 23 games left. Wow, Bayless was simply awful tonight. He makes Jarret Jack and TJ Ford look like Mother Teresa passing free rice in the streets of Calcutta. Jesus save this franchise.

In a thin draft, let the race to the bottom begin. The Phoenix game is just a taste of how the rest of the games will go down. We might as well go down right?
                  Lmao Balls Of Steel, the question is how Triano is not fired after losing the room and having horrible defensive teams in his era? I also keep on maintaining that Bayless is not or will ever be a PG, he has a limited time in the league. At the end of his rookie contract, Bayless should start preparing to go to Europe lol(where NBA cast offs play).

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
                    Do we rly wanna tank even harder? wats the point in tat beside gettin a higher chance of getting higher draft pick ( in a draft class that looks like it may be weak).... we're juss gonna end up with an even shittier reputation....

Toronto is a place many free agents in Bball prefer not to pick, do we rly want an even worse rep around this place, and become the butt of everyone's joke in this league. We're avoided gettin made fun of constantly, purely because cleveland has become a total joke, just gettin a high draft pick isn't gonna solve anything

Attracting free agents becomes horrid, and theres no garuntee the man u pick actually becomes a great player. We have our own semi star in Bargs who doesnt seem to be able to amount to greatness, or oden who cant stay on the court, or Wall who's on a team where he doesnt want to be, and wants out. (also his assist to turnovers ratio is way to fucking high)

Sure we might get the next griffin, or maybe even a lebron, but is it rly worth becoming a complete joke..... the draft is risky, and all i hear is people wanting to lose and lose some more. I don't mind losing but i have a hard time tolerating it on purpose....
                    We are the butt's of everyone's jokes already(when a class act like Steve Nash is laughing on the bench, you know your team is a huge joke in the league). I will keep on sounding like a broken chord - BC & Triano need to go(at least, the new guys can't have a worse era than this).

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      how do the ping pong balls work?
                      They are a thin, spherical plastic object, hollow on the inside, that bounce when struck by a wooden paddle.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                        What troubles me about this season is that earlier on it seemed like the raps were competing and losing whereas now it just seems like we are losing. Getting the number 1 draft pick would be great but it didn't seem to do that much for us last time we got it. Getting last place doesn't guarantee the number 1 pick anyway. I don't care about wins or losses. The truth is we have a team that has LESS talent (or whatever you want to call it) than most other NBA teams, heck there were predictions that said we wouldn't win 16 games all season! It is not surprising that we have as many loses as we do. However, I do feel like the effort/attitude/culture/mentality is HUGE problem. If the raptors continue with this dismal performance I don't think it matters what draft pick we get. However, i haven't written off Triano or Coangelo just yet, IF the raps can turn it around a little bit (not necessarily with wins) and play some consistent hard-nosed basketball by end the year then there is some hope that a good draft pick could help. At this point Wins and Losses don't matter. Effort and execution does.
                        I totally agree, especially with the bold'd. They were showing some heart and looked like they wanted it for about the first quarter of the season there. I don't know why people would want to see a team just tank. What we want is to turn it around here and carry that momentum into next season.

Comment

Working...
                        X