Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Near Triple-Double for a Near Second Rounder. Hustle beats out.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    Raptorsfan4life....Weems played 4 minutes BEFORE the half and got in 1A, 2 TO's...THEN, he played another 6 minutes and managed to get 3 points.. (hey, 1, 2, 3, cool.) it seems to me that at this point, Weems has lost a lot of his confidence, but just injecting him into the starting line up isn't going to cut it. It's like guys like Jarret Jack, they apparently "can't" play off the bench...it's BS.

that being said, I don't giving him a few more minutes in games like this either, since there's no way we're making playoffs, at least let's give him time to either prove himself or prove us doubters right.

As for JJ, I liked how he played, didn't like that he got 12 shots, especially since he only made 4...I REALLY would have liked to see ED get more looks, getting 6 shots in a game like this is sad, considering guys like Bayless got 8....
    He was proving the doubters wrong before JJ got traded here then he got pulled out of the starting lineup and only played like 15 min. He still had a pretty good game (4-5 FG, 4-4 FT and 13 points). The last 2 games he played 12 min each (most in garbage time and constantly getting pulled) and couldn't get into a rhythm.

IMO JJ and Weems should spilt min like Jack and Jose spit min until the end of the season so we know what we have. Right now JJ is doing pretty good defensively and passing but he isn't scoring for shit (aside from a couple drives to the basket).
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Feb 27, 2011, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I like JJs game, appreciating Jose again, love the Davis/Amir, and Derozan is developing nicely. This is a good group and am hopeful. Would still like a stong future SF at the draft though but would be quite happy keeping JJ.

Comment

I wouldn't dump Wright. Right now his value is about as low as it could go, but he's a good insurance policy on the bench in case of injuries and his value would increase if he got the shot and played well. He's cheap, young and has room to develop, so keep him in a familiar setting, give him some backup minutes and see what happens next year.

As for Weems, I'd say the same thing except he's going to want more money. Really though I'd like to see what would happen if Sonny signed a cheap multi-year deal, whether he'd stay a chucker or relax without the payday looming and start to play smart ball.

In the long term neither should be in the raptors' plans so long as James Johnson and DeRozar are the starting wings, because you'd ideally like your backups to bring different skill sets so you can mix and match with the starters when necessary.

Comment

I actually think Sonny would be better off playing back up SG and not SF as they often do play him. I think if anything, Barbosa has kind of taken some of the spotlight away from him...but he also still has to get his shit back together too.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Is anyone now doubting Wright and Weems are done in Toronto?
            Completely agree.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Weems shouldn't never play. It should be 36 minutes to Johnson, and 12 to Wright.

Comment

I don't Weems or James Johnson are the answer for our starting SF position. They are both good reserve SF's. We need to draft a SF in the draft this year. If we can find a guy like DeMar with a bigger frame this will be a sick team to watch. We have been lacking in the SF position for years. We need a slasher, shooter, with a defensive game.

All we would need is a defensive, game controlling PG, and I think we would be set.

Bargs
                Ed Davis
                Young SF with potential
                DeMar
                Defensive PG

OFF the bench

Calderon
                Amir
                Weems
                Barbosa
                Linas
                James Johnson

Three scorers and some defensive mindset in the starting line up, and great reserves.

Comment

Working...
                X