Bayless-Barbo conflict?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bayless-Barbo conflict?

Anyone else notice the play at the end of the 3rd quarter where Bayless got the and 1?

He turned and Barbosa was there with his hand up for a high five, Bayless just looked at him and kept going, gave five to James, and continued on to the foul line.

Is there conflict in Raptor-land?

(I wonder if it has to do with at the half with 3 seconds left Bayless got the ball and fired a half court shot that only hit the ground when the clock expired versus sending the ball up the court to Barbosa who was wide open for a lay up - Barbosa was literally a blur up the court on that break out).

I didn't actually see this particular incident, but I have noticed some interesting body language from both of them. Mainly Barbosa though.
    And to a certain extent I can understand. Bayless is quite capable of 'being' Barbosa. He's just as fast and just as crafty (arguably not). I think Bayless does take some of the shots that Barbs would ultimately have taken, but alot of what Bayless does IS in fact within the offense. So I'm not sure. I think we're probably just looking too far into it.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Anyone else notice the play at the end of the 3rd quarter where Bayless got the and 1?

He turned and Barbosa was there with his hand up for a high five, Bayless just looked at him and kept going, gave five to James, and continued on to the foul line
      i saw it too, didnt think much of it at the time tho, just to add to it, he did give five to a fan, just saying

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Bayless is quite capable of 'being' Barbosa. He's just as fast and just as crafty (arguably not). I think Bayless does take some of the shots that Barbs would ultimately have taken, but alot of what Bayless does IS in fact within the offense. So I'm not sure. I think we're probably just looking too far into it.
      I agree that they are very similar, none of them are point guards, and if bayless wants to stick in the NBA he needs a shot like barbosa's. Personally i am not a fan of bayless, at least not as a back up pg

Comment

barbs is twice the player Bayless is. I'm sick of JB already. He seems like an asshole whose game doesn't earn him the respect needed to be one. He's terrible as a point guard, his shot is wonky as hell and his D is completely overrated.

As for the conflict with Barbs, I didn't see that but I have seen JB get crushed on screens more than once in the past few weeks. I think his teammates could give a shit about him.
        LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Bayless is quite capable of 'being' Barbosa. He's just as fast and just as crafty (arguably not).
          LOOOLLL, and what is this based on ?? One is a former 6th man of the year and the other is a 2nd tier Back up PG tossed around from team to team !!!

You can not even compare Bayless to Barbosa and what he is able to do and ... The best Bayless can do for himself is to friend Barbosa and try to learn as much as he can !!

Comment

Can't help but pipe in to wail on Bayless. Did anyone notice just HOW horrible he was to start the third quarter against Chicago? And against the Mavs, look at his plus-minus. In 14 minutes, he was a -16. I must add, that wasn't as bad as Weems or Ajinca, but I still think Bayless is the weak link on the second squad. Barbosa should be given full backup PG duties immediately. Trade Bayless if anyone will take him. Oh, it's too late, isn't it.

And DON'T trade Calderone. That's a boner idea. He's one of the best and will keep helping the future stars gain in confidence and skill with his nice feeds.

Comment

Ya, I noticed it. It crossed my mind that there might be a problem between them, but I wouldn't make any judgements just yet.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bayless has been playing some real annoying basketball lately.

Comment

I noticed stuff the other night against Chicago. Bayless came on and tried passing to Barbosa three times but his passes were picked off. The next inbounds Barbosa demanded the ball well Bayless was standing there and Barbosa took the ball up. Bayless was pissed and started yelling at him to give him the ball.

You can sense some attitude between the two. I think Barbosa is a better player.

Bayless is horrible. He makes horrible passing decisions and can only really create for himself.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                    I noticed stuff the other night against Chicago. Bayless came on and tried passing to Barbosa three times but his passes were picked off. The next inbounds Barbosa demanded the ball well Bayless was standing there and Barbosa took the ball up. Bayless was pissed and started yelling at him to give him the ball.

You can sense some attitude between the two. I think Barbosa is a better player.

Bayless is horrible. He makes horrible passing decisions and can only really create for himself.
                    I think we're seeing why Portland and New Orleans gave up on him. I think it's too early to close the book on him, but the plot is starting to become predictable.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Maybe Barbo swissed Bayless' girlfriend like he did to Nash?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I think we're seeing why Portland and New Orleans gave up on him. I think it's too early to close the book on him, but the plot is starting to become predictable.
                        Jerryd "TJ Jack" Bayless' play of late makes me forget about how bad the Raps truly have been. He's such a jackass when it comes to being a PG. With him, we are back to a "one-and-done" team, with a stagnant offence (one guy dribble around and the four stand watching). Can we end this season now?
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

From what I've noticed the past couple games, it seems bayless is just overthinking everything. I don't know if it's the scheme or what but he just come across as a little lost. I say shut barbosa down and have him have his surgery and give bayless the keys to the second unit. I mean at this point frankly I think he should be playing the bulk of PG minutes just to see what he can do but that's clearly not happening so give him the green light to do what he does when he's on. When he's started he's had some pretty good success, without having to look over his shoulder and see if Triano is going to yank him. Dudes clearly lost a lot of confidence I say help him get it back and see what he can bring next year.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

And for the record, I'm usually one of the quickest to criticize bayless.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

lmfao...yo i seen that shit
                              "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Working...
                              X