Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan is pissed - and rightfully so. (Update: Jason Kidd weighs in, see post #30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeRozan is pissed - and rightfully so. (Update: Jason Kidd weighs in, see post #30)

It is 2 games in a row with T for DeMar.

The guy has been a ping pong ball all year, taking the knocks, taking the hits, and saying little. It appears even a quiet guy from the streets of Compton has a breaking point - and rightfully so. It is absolutely ridiculous the calls he DOES NOT get and it is absolutely ridiculous the calls that he DOES get. It is situations like these that really make me question the intentions of the NBA and the referees. I am not one for conspiracy theories but it is becoming extremely difficult to stomach.

Oh and if the in game observations is not enough to question the integrity of the league and the referees officiating the games, how about this:

http://benmaller.com/2011/02/blake-g...-dunk-contest/

"Clippers star Blake Griffin is on such a roll that he won the Slam Dunk contest ahead of participating. The NBA sent out a press release BEFORE the contest started announcing that Griffin was the winner. The NBA sent out an itinerary for the NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by Adidas on Sunday Feb. 20 It ran down the highlights of the day."

Yeah. Disgusting.

He's only through a season and a half. Bosh went through a similar ordeal early on. It sucks but it happens.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      It is 2 games in a row with T for DeMar.

The guy has been a ping pong ball all year, taking the knocks, taking the hits, and saying little. It appears even a quiet guy from the streets of Compton has a breaking point - and rightfully so. It is absolutely ridiculous the calls he DOES NOT get and it is absolutely ridiculous the calls that he DOES get. It is situations like these that really make me question the intentions of the NBA and the referees. I am not one for conspiracy theories but it is becoming extremely difficult to stomach.

Oh and if the in game observations is not enough to question the integrity of the league and the referees officiating the games, how about this:

http://benmaller.com/2011/02/blake-g...-dunk-contest/

"Clippers star Blake Griffin is on such a roll that he won the Slam Dunk contest ahead of participating. The NBA sent out a press release BEFORE the contest started announcing that Griffin was the winner. The NBA sent out an itinerary for the NBA All-Star Jam Session presented by Adidas on Sunday Feb. 20 It ran down the highlights of the day."

Yeah. Disgusting.
      DD is seeing what the fans are seeing too - atrocious officiating against the Raptors team by the refs (playing against 8 men makes it is so hard to win atimes. sigh). Unfortunately, Triano - the head coach, is the one supposed to be taking such technical fouls and getting ejected to show the disapproval of the way, we get raped on our home floor(where is the homecourt advantage refs?) by the refs but he is scared(?) to get a technical to show his displeasure(maybe he loses some money with the technical and ejection?, one of the little things that shows Triano is not an head coach).

If I were DD right now, in the offseason, practice a 1000 shots a day with Eric Smith(both 2s and add a 3 pointer to your arsenal, getting Dale Ellis or Peja Stojakovic or Ray Allen(and he is a nice person who would be willing to help) to help will be really nice) and learn how to make noises or flinch like Corey Maggette or Kevin Martin(watch some of their game videos) and you are set. To untap your respectability potential DD, hope the team get an experienced no-nonsense coach(Nate Mcmillan, Jeff Van Gundy, Mike Woodson in that order) who is not scared of getting techs or ejected as Triano is not an head coach.
      Last edited by smushmush; Mon Feb 28, 2011, 02:37 PM.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
        DD is seeing what the fans are seeing too - atrocious officiating against us by the refs. Unfortunately, Triano - the head coach, is the one supposed to be taking such technical fouls and getting ejected to show the disapproval of the way, we get raped on our home floor(where is the homecourt advantage refs?) by the refs but he is scared(?) to get a technical to show his displeasure(maybe he loses some money with the technical and ejection?, one of the little things that shows Triano is not an head coach).

If I were DD right now, in the offseason, practice a 1000 shots a day with Eric Smith(both 2s and add a 3 pointer to your arsenal, getting Dale Ellis or Peja Stojakovic or Ray Allen(and he is a nice person who would be willing to help) to help will be really nice) and learn how to make noises or flinch like Corey Maggette or Kevin Martin(watch some of their game videos) and you are set. To untap your respectability potential DD, hope the team get an experienced no-nonsense coach(Nate Mcmillan, Jeff Van Gundy, Mike Woodson in that order) who is not scared of getting techs or ejected as Triano is not an head coach.
        Eric Smith? Maybe Paul Jones can help with his dunking too!

Comment

I think we all knew that the slam dunk competition was staged. It reminded me of those old WWE Raw episodes where Steve Austin was fired from the WWE but would somehow show up at the arena with a monster truck and drive it to the ring before leaping from the roof and beating on McMahon.

As for Derozan and the refs, well, when you play for a crappy team you don't get calls. I have watched a few Minny games this year and that team gets nothing from the refs. The second issue is that Derozan is going in looking for calls and the refs are swallowing their whistles cause they see it, too. Derozan needs to look to finish everything at the rim and he will get more calls.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Eric Smith? Maybe Paul Jones can help with his dunking too!
            He must be talking about Eric Smith from the New York Jets as opposed to the FAN590 ... why he would though, is beyond me.

And Paul Jones can get up there.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
              I think we all knew that the slam dunk competition was staged. It reminded me of those old WWE Raw episodes where Steve Austin was fired from the WWE but would somehow show up at the arena with a monster truck and drive it to the ring before leaping from the roof and beating on McMahon.

As for Derozan and the refs, well, when you play for a crappy team you don't get calls. I have watched a few Minny games this year and that team gets nothing from the refs. The second issue is that Derozan is going in looking for calls and the refs are swallowing their whistles cause they see it, too. Derozan needs to look to finish everything at the rim and he will get more calls.
              I agree with that man, he is pulling a bosh and just throwing his arms up hoping for a whistle. Refs dont respect that.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                He must be talking about Eric Smith from the New York Jets as opposed to the FAN590 ... why he would though, is beyond me.

I dont think so re E Smith. Yeah, Jack Armstrong has a meaannnnnn 360 to son, trust me.

Comment

DD is going back to his Compton roots and has been listening to more NWA songs. He sees the refs as the police...

Comment

DD has to eat it and keep his head down, bite his tongue and keep walking. This is a time tested process followed in the league...that players must have some consistent play over at least 3 or so years (especially under duress) before the ref swallows the whistle. I can remember Rondo being treated like a douche in his first couple of years and Pierce too. I think part of the problem is that the play many times is obscured by all the bodies or the foul so fast that its a 50-50 proposition for the ref. A choice has to be made and it tends to go against the young one/crappier team. In this particular case the foul/nofoul occurred on what is probably the most difficult play to call. Remember there is probably a foul committed on just about every possession in a game. DD just hasnt reached that consistent elite status to merit the benefit in his favour all of the time.

The problem here is that if DD keeps this up he'll get a reputation amongst the refs (newsflash: they talk amongst themselves) which will be hard to shake. He needs to work them just like some of the more savvy players do in the L (eg. Kidd, Wade). Maybe bad comparisions but I am referring to their demeanor only after a whistle.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      DD has to eat it and keep his head down, bite his tongue and keep walking. This is a time tested process followed in the league...that players must have some consistent play over at least 3 or so years (especially under duress) before the ref swallows the whistle. I can remember Rondo being treated like a douche in his first couple of years and Pierce too. I think part of the problem is that the play many times is obscured by all the bodies or the foul so fast that its a 50-50 proposition for the ref. A choice has to be made and it tends to go against the young one/crappier team. In this particular case the foul/nofoul occurred on what is probably the most difficult play to call. Remember there is probably a foul committed on just about every possession in a game. DD just hasnt reached that consistent elite status to merit the benefit in his favour all of the time.

The problem here is that if DD keeps this up he'll get a reputation amongst the refs (newsflash: they talk amongst themselves) which will be hard to shake. He needs to work them just like some of the more savvy players do in the L (eg. Kidd, Wade). Maybe bad comparisions but I am referring to their demeanor only after a whistle.
                      Another example is Bargs. He was crucified by the refs his first 2 yrs, i remember in the playoffs they whistled him on 2 BS fouls on Howard within 10 seconds. He never complained, just kept getting better and smarter. Now the refs have backed off him.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

The Eric Smith I am taking about that is the assistant coach with the Raptors, he helped DD hone his jumpshots and made the jumpshot respectable.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                          The Eric Smith I am taking about that is the assistant coach with the Raptors, he helped DD hone his jumpshots and made the jumpshot respectable.
                          It's Eric Hughes brotha. Eric Smith is the color commentator on the FAN590. Easy mistake.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            DD is going back to his Compton roots and has been listening to more NWA songs. He sees the refs as the police...

That is hilarious lol!
                            "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Time to bolt, just like everyone else.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                              X