Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan is pissed - and rightfully so. (Update: Jason Kidd weighs in, see post #30)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    It's Eric Hughes brotha. Eric Smith is the color commentator on the FAN590. Easy mistake.
    Point taken .

Comment

Another example is Bargs. He was crucified by the refs his first 2 yrs, i remember in the playoffs they whistled him on 2 BS fouls on Howard within 10 seconds. He never complained, just kept getting better and smarter. Now the refs have backed off him.
      Yeah, now to keep from fouling, he doesn't play defense at all. Come to think of it, I remember those 2 fouls in 2 minutes days well, when he first became a starter (he was worse than Amir) - I wonder if that's impacted his defense?

Comment

I actually feel he didn't have a clue what he was doing back then on defense. Most nights he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He's a lot better now... That's sort of a compliment and an insult to him at the same time.

Comment

if demar gets dale ellis to help him with 3's. He would be unstoppable, just raining 3's all day. Matter fact why don't we just teach the whole fckin team to shoot 3's, lol jus kidding. But demar should defenitly get someone like Dale Ellis to help him with his 3's over the summer. It would help us in the future too(especially in close playoff games)

Comment

call the game

NBA FIGURE YOUR SHIT OUT!!! Frankly I am shocked that owners around the league haven't stepped in in support of their franchise. I do wonder what would happen if there was a fan boycott around the league. If fans of the so called small market teams stopped going to games NBA would have to change something.

Comment

Triano/Colangelo/tor head office should send a video with all the missed calls to the NBA head office. It worked for kobe/lakers a while back.

Comment

The fact refs make calls or non calls based on who is involved in the play can not be denied. That in itself means games can be easily decided by officials. Has the league ever had a ref influencing games for the benefit of organized crime? It is so easy for an official to "miss" a call at one end of the court and then call a dubious infraction at the other. Do that just one time per quarter and you have created a possible 16 point swing for one team.
                Where there is smoke there is fire. If the league doesn't protect the integrity of the game it could become a fixed race for the benefit of those with the inside scoop.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                  The fact refs make calls or non calls based on who is involved in the play can not be denied. That in itself means games can be easily decided by officials. Has the league ever had a ref influencing games for the benefit of organized crime? It is so easy for an official to "miss" a call at one end of the court and then call a dubious infraction at the other. Do that just one time per quarter and you have created a possible 16 point swing for one team.
                  Where there is smoke there is fire. If the league doesn't protect the integrity of the game it could become a fixed race for the benefit of those with the inside scoop.
                  I suggest you read this book. The NBA is largely fixed.

http://www.amazon.com/Personal-Foul-.../dp/0615306039

Comment

Thanks for the link. I read the reviews of the book which where eye opening. I don't know if I should read the book though. The league using the refs to decide the outcome of games kinda takes away the fun of it.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                      Thanks for the link. I read the reviews of the book which where eye opening. I don't know if I should read the book though. The league using the refs to decide the outcome of games kinda takes away the fun of it.
                      It's scary how much of it happens, and how many of the refs involved STILL officiate games. Dick Baveta, etc.

Comment

Scorecasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won

SI.com did an article on this book.
                        Refs are the ONLY reason Home Field Advantage exists in ALL major Sports through the whole world.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Scorecasting: The Hidden Influences Behind How Sports Are Played and Games Are Won

SI.com did an article on this book.
                          Refs are the ONLY reason Home Field Advantage exists in ALL major Sports through the whole world.
                          Dayum, i gotta pickup this book yo

Comment

Watch this! Part 1 through 9... Truly the greatest tragedy in sports

this is a big eye opener when fixed nba games are in the discussion.

The creator of this video is obviously a kings fan. Hes just a little biast.
                            Last edited by YOUNGGUNZ101524; Tue Mar 1, 2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

YOUNGGUNZ101524 wrote: View Post
                              Watch this! Part 1 through 10... Truly the greatest tragedy in sports

this is a big eye opener when fixed nba games are in the discussion.

The creator of this video is obviously a kings fan. Hes just a little biast.
                              Dayum I'm at work and youtube is blocked, but i will check this later from home for sho. I think i might know which clip this is.

Comment

Kidd To DeRozan: "Be patient and just play through it"

According to DeRozan’s head coach Jay Triano and veteran point guard Jason Kidd, he must bide his time and stay aggressive.

“That’s the game of basketball, you’re not going to get every call, you just have to be patient,” said Kidd, after Dallas defeated Toronto on Sunday.

“For the young guys in this league, you have to be patient and just play through it. If you feel you didn’t get the call, you just have to keep playing.”

DeRozan has shown a willingness to attack the basket that has not been seen from a Raptors swingman for quite some time, but he hasn’t been rewarded for it.

DeRozan is just 38th in the NBA, averaging 4.7 trips to the line a game. In February, he is averaging just 3.45 attempts, including four games without a single free-throw try.

“How he responds to not getting calls will delay his ability to get the calls,” Triano said.

“I would say he’s been excellent, he’s frustrated obviously but (with Andrea Bargnani out vs. Dallas) ... he’s facing the number one defence for the first time in his career.

“It’s great learning for him. You fight through it and get better.”
                                Source: Toronto Sun

Comment

Working...
                                X