No announcement yet.

ROY Watch: Ed Davis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I remember #5 was his projected draft pick# before he got injured in college...and of course fell to #13.

Comment

Here's to hoping someone like Irving falls to the Raptors in a similar fashion this coming draft.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Here's to hoping someone like Irving falls to the Raptors in a similar fashion this coming draft.
        fingers crossed!!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Imagine what he'd do with 30+ minutes a night...
          i agree. i think its time. Triano should release the beast!

Comment

Didn't someone point out that his twitter page still has the background of North Carolina? I hope the Raptors do something to keep this kid, but can't help but think he has one foot out the door.

Comment

Hes already a better defensive player than bosh ever was or will be. Bosh can't guard a chair.
              Bosh was/is a better defensive player than a lot of people claimed. He's not good, but he's at least average. Where he struggles most is in post up situations, but he does have a half decent defensive IQ. That was one of the first things I looked for and saw in his rookie season. It wasn't nearly as good as Davis', but it certainly was there. Unfortunately he didn't build on it enough, choosing to focus more on scoring.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ed is lucky in that he has some great mentors. Reggie, Bargs, even Amir. Good solid bigs who are eager to help young talent.

I don't think CB4 ever tried to help Bargs or take him under his wing. I think Bosh new from day 1 that Bargs was going to develop into something far superior to him, so he made it a point to belittle him and steer clear of him.

Ed has a good positive environment now, he might even be an all star one day.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  Bosh was/is a better defensive player than a lot of people claimed. He's not good, but he's at least average. Where he struggles most is in post up situations, but he does have a half decent defensive IQ. That was one of the first things I looked for and saw in his rookie season. It wasn't nearly as good as Davis', but it certainly was there. Unfortunately he didn't build on it enough, choosing to focus more on scoring.
                  And his knee injury(ies) did not help. He never had as many blocks as his rookie season and second year. Not saying blocks makes one better defensively just saying the mobility and explosiveness were never the same.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                    i agree. i think its time. Triano should release the beast!
                    Doling out minutes like he has been is prefect for Davis' developments. It prevents him from picking up bad habits. When young guys play a lot of minutes on bad teams, they get lazy.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      Doling out minutes like he has been is prefect for Davis' developments. It prevents him from picking up bad habits. When young guys play a lot of minutes on bad teams, they get lazy.
                      Also there is another 23 year old deserving of minutes and still developing as well. The Raps have a nasty 2 headed beast at the four spot with the ability to play both against certain matchups.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Ed is lucky in that he has some great mentors. Reggie, Bargs, even Amir. Good solid bigs who are eager to help young talent.

I don't think CB4 ever tried to help Bargs or take him under his wing. I think Bosh new from day 1 that Bargs was going to develop into something far superior to him, so he made it a point to belittle him and steer clear of him.

Great points. Like you, I always thought there was tension between Bosh and Bargnani and that Bosh never liked him. During the Feb. 16 game, Bosh greeted all of his former teammates except for Andrea. Makes you wonder. Maybe Bosh saw him as a threat to his popularity.

As for Ed Davis, he will be a very good player. Defensively, he's already better than Bosh ever was. With time, on offensive, he'll be a good player too. He won't match Bosh on offense but he be a better overall player. Wouldn't be surprised to see him average 16 point/game and 10-12 rebounds/game with time.

I do hope that Davis stays but he never looked overly happy to have been taken by the Raps. So, it wouldn't surprise me to see him leave when he becomes unrestricted. Although, with an upcoming hard cap, it won't be as easy to move as a free agent anymore. So, maybe he'll stay. I hope he does.

Comment

Imagine what he'd do with 30+ minutes a night...
                          imagine what he'll be doing in 2 years

edit: lol @ the thought of bargs being a motivator...classic!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post

wtf is u smoking brah?

Comment

It would be interesting to REALLY know if Davis was pissed the he was taken by Toronto or just pissed he was picked 13th. If you're a projected lottery pick, you have to expect you're going to end up on a shit team in a possible shit-hole town. Who would be excited about going to Detroit, Cleveland or Minny?
                              Do many young players have the mentality that "I'm going number one and I'm gonna play for the Lakers or Celtics"?

Comment

"This was his best week in the NBA to date"

Ed Davis, Toronto Raptors – 10.0 points, 10.3 rebounds, 1.7 steals, .813 FG%

Toronto Raptors forward Ed Davis has gotten a lot of love here in the Rookie of the Year award watch, but this was his best week in the NBA to date. The 6-10, 215 lb., forward is already one of the best transition big men in the NBA and he is developing into a premier rebounder. Davis pulled down 31 rebounds in just 78 minutes of action this week, and average of better than 14 boards per 36 minutes. While his offensive game is still raw, he scored 30 points while taking just 16 field-goal attempts. The Raptors, like the Cavs, have struggled this season after seeing their franchise player depart (essentially) via free agency, but the strong play of Davis gives Toronto hope for the future.
                                Source: Hoops World

Comment

Working...
                                X