Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROY Watch: Ed Davis

Ed Davis, Toronto Raptors – 8.8 points, 7.0 rebounds, 1.6 blocks

There are few guys that could step in to an organization and, in at least some light, replace the franchise player, especially when that player was a perennial all-star like Chris Bosh. Raptors forward Ed Davis hasn't exactly set the world on fire, and certainly hasn't put up the 20-10 that his predecessor did on a nightly basis, but he is blossoming into a quality young big man with a ton of potential. The 6-10, 215 lb., (yes, you read that right) forward is still developing as a offensive weapon, but his length, athleticism and activity level are elite. Over his past five games, Davis is shooting .667 from the field and is proving to be capable of protecting the rim on the defensive end.
    Source: Hoops World

They have Blake Griffin, John Wall and Greg Monroe ahead of him. That's it.

Imagine what he'd do with 30+ minutes a night...
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Not too shabby, I love Eds game. IMO Ed can be a much better defensive player than CB and still manage to put up good numbers. He should stop being compared to as Chris Bosh, Before he decides to leave as well. If he chooses to remain a Raptor, It'll mean much brighter days ahead, here in Raptor Land. He is playing an exceptional rookie season. I just love what he brings to the table especially on the defensive end.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Hes already a better defensive player than bosh ever was or will be. Bosh can't guard a chair.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I can see Ed Davis having a Horace Grant type NBA career with a little better shot blocking.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I think someone said once that he has the potential to be a PJ Brown type player, which may not sound like much, but PJ was always a solid underrated player who gave nothing up on the court. Was always a big fan of his and happy to see him win a ring in Boston.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              Hes already a better defensive player than bosh ever was or will be. Bosh can't guard a chair.
              Bosh is noticeably better on the perimeter and substantially better in the PnR, which is pretty much the most important defensive play in the NBA and gives Bosh the edge. Bosh's lack of aggressiveness in the post and on the weak side has been disappointing for some time though, and that's where Ed has him beat.

Comment

He'll be a lot better than Bosh. He has defensive fundamentals, and has a higher IQ. His offense will come soon as well, he too has a nice left hook.

Comment

He is a perfect fit for this starting line up. If he has a Charles Oakley, Anthony Mason, Pj Brown, Otis Thorpe, Horace Grant kind of career that will be amazing. We already have scoring at the centre and shooting guard spots.

If we can draft a balanced offensive/defensive small forward (ie. Gerald Wallace) and pick up a point guard that can play D and manage a game we have a playoff team.

We would also have a wicked bench with Amir, Calderon, Weems, Barbosa, and J.J

Get rid of the rest!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                    +100000000

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      He'll be a lot better than Bosh. He has defensive fundamentals, and has a higher IQ. His offense will come soon as well, he too has a nice left hook.
                      I think so too, AND, he wont become some weak ass jump shooter. His game is low post, banging.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        I think so too, AND, he wont become some weak ass jump shooter. His game is low post, banging.
                        Weak ass jump shooter... Lol sounds like #7 to me!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                          Weak ass jump shooter... Lol sounds like #7 to me!
                          Ur just like Bosh: "fake thug"

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Ur just like Bosh: "fake thug"
                            Haha, you're a walking contradiction dude...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              Haha, you're a walking contradiction dude...
                              fake

Comment

Working...
                              X