Raps and Jazz picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raps and Jazz picks

If the Raptors get a top 3 pick, do you think we should try to trade down and get the two Jazz first round picks?

Would they prefer to lotto picks or a top 3? Which would we want?

I think it depends on who the raptors can take with theirs, but what if we had to do this deal before the draft happens?

This is a draft day deal, imo.

There are too many unknowns right now.

The picture gets a little clearer May 17th when the actual draft lottery is held.

Comment

Nah, I'd think the Jazz would rather have 2 lottery talents instead of one.

However, I think the Raptors should try and swing a deal with Denver at the trade deadline. The one piece Denver's missing is a true back-up 4 that can fill in for Kenyon Martin. How about Sullinger?

If the Raptors draft and trade Sullinger for Denver's first rounder and one of their many young pieces, I'd do it.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
        Nah, I'd think the Jazz would rather have 2 lottery talents instead of one.

However, I think the Raptors should try and swing a deal with Denver at the trade deadline. The one piece Denver's missing is a true back-up 4 that can fill in for Kenyon Martin. How about Sullinger?

If the Raptors draft and trade Sullinger for Denver's first rounder and one of their many young pieces, I'd do it.
        Our pick, TPE and Calderon for Gallinari, Mozgov and Felton.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Our pick, TPE and Calderon for Gallinari, Mozgov and Felton.
          minus mozgov and denver might do that.
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Actually, Mozgov and Gallinari might be doable, but coach Karl is very high on Felton.

Although, I'd much prefer Afflalo and/or Chandler, but Denver would be idiots if they didn't re-sign both of them.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

You the deadline has already passed right?

Comment

bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors get a top 3 pick, do you think we should try to trade down and get the two Jazz first round picks?

Would they prefer to lotto picks or a top 3? Which would we want?

I think it depends on who the raptors can take with theirs, but what if we had to do this deal before the draft happens?
                Ffrom this quote, it does not sound like BC is looking to add multiple rookies.

We're such a young basketball team right now that the thought and idea of adding two first round picks next year, our own pick and Miami pick, to an already young group is not the most tantalizing thing if you're looking at taking this a step further.
                I don't know if that thinking will still be the case on draft day. I guess it would depend on who is available or who might have slipped.

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                  Actually, Mozgov and Gallinari might be doable, but coach Karl is very high on Felton.

Although, I'd much prefer Afflalo and/or Chandler, but Denver would be idiots if they didn't re-sign both of them.
                  I'm a huge fan of Afflalo, he plays fundamental basketball. Defends with passion, energy and smarts. And is above average on offense. Has a great shooting stroke, and has a very high IQ. I can't believe no one actually tried hard to get him. He was a complete beast in college, and because his IQ was so high then, and is now, his game is still great in the NBA. And Chandler is also really good, but I take Gallinari over Chandler only because of size, and shooting (although Chandler is actually shooting better than Gallinari, and actually has a nice and very underrated shooting stroke) but Chandler/Gallinari, either way I like it.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    I'm a huge fan of Afflalo, he plays fundamental basketball. Defends with passion, energy and smarts. And is above average on offense. Has a great shooting stroke, and has a very high IQ. I can't believe no one actually tried hard to get him. He was a complete beast in college, and because his IQ was so high then, and is now, his game is still great in the NBA. And Chandler is also really good, but I take Gallinari over Chandler only because of size, and shooting (although Chandler is actually shooting better than Gallinari, and actually has a nice and very underrated shooting stroke) but Chandler/Gallinari, either way I like it.
                    Something might happen during the draft that will shake things up with the Raps. Nothing major, but it will surprise me if it stays quiet.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                    X