Who says Demar isn't a jump shooter?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says Demar isn't a jump shooter?!

DD is lightin' it up! Have really been watchin' his jump shots and he is getting great rotation on the ball when he shoots. Night and Day from when he was a Rook. The sky really is the limit for this kid. I'm excited.

Same here, I think Demar is really improving, along with most of the other young guns
    If all the players can improve and work hard like Demar i will be thrilled with the Raptors

Comment

He can't cant shoot 3 pointers. He has no range.

Comment

Group think time! lol

I agree. He has certainly developed a jump shot. He is an athletic Rip Hamilton of late coming off screens and the mid range game.

I do not think the urgency is there for him to develop a 3 point shot like so many others have said. That could come in time but the way he is being utilized by the Raps (lots of screens, post ups, lobs, transition) fits his game perfectly right now.

Comment

I am following your footsteps!!!

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Neither could a lot of players, at his age, including Dwayne Wade (still doesn't have range), Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler. Extending one's range is one of the simpler skills you can learn.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              I am following your footsteps!!!

I like where your head is at Hotshot.

Comment

I'm sure if he actually shot 3 pointers, he'd hit a few of them. He just doesn't need too. That's not a part of his game that he needs to force. The fact that he doesn't even try to shoot them, shows that he knows his weaknesses and looks for success within and despite his "lack of range".

As has been pointed out, Michael Jordan shot something like 24% of somethin like that into his 4th season. (I totally made up 24, but I promise you its pretty dam bad.)

ADD: Oh nevermind, I looked it up.. Michael Jordan shot 13% in his 4th season from the 3pt line.

ADD: Kobe shot 25% from 3, as recently as the 01-02 season.

You don't NEED a 3pt shot to be great, is what I'm trying to say.
                Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 1, 2011, 09:52 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  I'm sure if he actually shot 3 pointers, he'd hit a few of them. He just doesn't need too. That's not a part of his game that he needs to force. The fact that he doesn't even try to shoot them, shows that he knows his weaknesses and looks for success within and despite his "lack of range".

As has been pointed out, Michael Jordan shot something like 24% of somethin like that into his 4th season. (I totally made up 24, but I promise you its pretty dam bad.)

ADD: Oh nevermind, I looked it up.. Michael Jordan shot 13% in his 4th season from the 3pt line.

ADD: Kobe shot 25% from 3, as recently as the 01-02 season.

You don't NEED a 3pt shot to be great, is what I'm trying to say.
                  dont waste your time explaining to that kid. He's only here to worship weems. He never says anything good about any of our players. He just whines about weems not getting any playing time.

Comment

center
                    dude he has made some 3s, but he just doesnt need to jack up 3s we already have a center, backup SG, PG, backup PG doin that.....demar is a slasher who gets to the rim and has shown a huge increase on his FG % for his midrange which i hope will become kobe-esque(when it does happen i will eat my pube hair BTW)

Comment

We had too many guys settling for 3's once they got it. I'd rather he develop more drive moves.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Neither could a lot of players, at his age, including Dwayne Wade (still doesn't have range), Michael Jordan and Clyde Drexler. Extending one's range is one of the simpler skills you can learn.
                        +1 Tim W. but not having 3 point range by Wade and LBJ is what is holding that Miami Heat team back (playoff teams clog the lane against Miami Heat because they know Wade and LBJ are slashers and don't have consistent jumpshots, one of them needs to be coming off screens and scoring mid-range jumpshots a la Rip Hamilton or Ray Allen and one or both of LBJ and Wade has to be able to shoot at least 40% from the 3 point line to really tap the potential of that Miami Heat team.). I definitely disagree that DD does not need a 3 point jumpshot, he is clearly not getting calls from refs. It will clearly help Demar imo if he can get in the offseason work with Eric Hughes on his mid-range game and one of Dale Ellis, Peja Stojakovic or Ray Allen(all class acts willing to help) to develop at least a respectable 3 point jumpshot. It opens DD's game if he does that. If he wants to get some calls form the Refs, he should watch some Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin videos for animations, sounds and positioning of their body to bait refs into calling a foul (as we know Corey Maggette and Kevin Martin are not superstars, get no superstar calls(a la Kobe, Melo, LBJ, Wade, Dirk and Blake Griffin) and they still bait refs into fouls). Of course, we need DD driving and slashing but he needs to mix it up and have to something to fall back on when he is not getting calls from the refs imo. My 2 Cents .

Comment

Working...
                        X