NOH Post Game - Apollo Prophecies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOH Post Game - Apollo Prophecies

Looks like Apollo might be on to something - nowhere near good enough for playoffs, nowhere near bad enough for a top pick. Luckily the lottery gods will be looking out for us I'm sure.

For those advocating tanking - tough game.
    For those advocating playing as hard as possible and letting the chips fall where they may - pretty good game.

Jose was incredible. Thoroughly out played CP3. Best game I can remember as a Raptor. He played well on both sides of the ball and offensively set up others and assisted. Too bad that wasn't a week before trade deadline - lol.

Bargnani struggled mightily. I'm going to chalk it up as the flu. I will give him credit for making some nice box outs. It is the small stuff people question from him and he did do those things tonight.

Amir struggled with his shot - getting stuck at the buzzer a few times. But he did have 10 rebs and 7, yes 7, blocks.

James Johnson is looking like a great pick up. He brings many things the Raps desperately need. He needs to KISS when dribbling in the open court. I'm starting to forget about MIA's pick. Did anyone see the sequence when he guarded CP3? (Anyone else notice CP3 looked really really slow? How much has he recovered from his knee?).

Davis was solid yet again. NOthing spectacular, he just gets it done. Did anyone see the foul line jumper? Yes he did.

If Weems could fulfill his role tonight, every night, there would be no question of his future with the Raps. He is not a starting NBA player but he does have value. Does he have the ability to play within himself and the team?

DD did nothing tonight besides score - 1rebs and 0 blk, stl, ast. Poor Willie Green had a rough night keeping up with him.

Barbosa had another game where he was off. It is hit or miss with him, it seems.

Bayless had one nice cross over and I'll leave it there. Actually one thing, he made Calderon look good on on D - yikes.

On to jolly ol' England vs NJ. These two games should be titled "Ping Pong Ball Wars".

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Jose was incredible. Thoroughly out played CP3. Best game I can remember as a Raptor. He played well on both sides of the ball and offensively set up others and assisted. Too bad that wasn't a week before trade deadline - lol.

Bargnani struggled mightily. I'm going to chalk it up as the flu. I will give him credit for making some nice box outs. It is the small stuff people question from him and he did do those things tonight.

Amir struggled with his shot - getting stuck at the buzzer a few times. But he did have 10 rebs and 7, yes 7, blocks.

James Johnson is looking like a great pick up. He brings many things the Raps desperately need. He needs to KISS when dribbling in the open court. I'm starting to forget about MIA's pick. Did anyone see the sequence when he guarded CP3? (Anyone else notice CP3 looked really really slow? How much has he recovered from his knee?).

Davis was solid yet again. NOthing spectacular, he just gets it done. Did anyone see the foul line jumper? Yes he did.

If Weems could fulfill his role tonight, every night, there would be no question of his future with the Raps. He is not a starting NBA player but he does have value. Does he have the ability to play within himself and the team?

DD did nothing tonight besides score - 1rebs and 0 blk, stl, ast. Poor Willie Green had a rough night keeping up with him.

Barbosa had another game where he was off. It is hit or miss with him, it seems.

Bayless had one nice cross over and I'll leave it there. Actually one thing, he made Calderon look good on on D - yikes.
    Seriously Bargnani did the little things? We getting into the boxing out for others crap again? No mention of missing on the help D? Time spent shooting jumpers instead of playing around the rim (especially when Landry is on him)? Head down running at the net not knowing where the defense is?

Man you guys are ridiculous. He played a bad game last night.... and it was fine that he did as the Raps won irregardless of him helping or not. But come on. He doesn't need to be complimented just because he is Bargnani. Would love to hear a conversation between Rapthoseleafs ("Bargnani carried the team") and you. It would be comedy gold!

Sidenote... Barbossa and Bayless were terrible....again.

Comment

Haha the thread title made me chuckle. If you want to know the future you need to know the past. They always do this to themselves.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
        Seriously Bargnani did the little things? We getting into the boxing out for others crap again? No mention of missing on the help D? Time spent shooting jumpers instead of playing around the rim (especially when Landry is on him)? Head down running at the net not knowing where the defense is?

Man you guys are ridiculous. He played a bad game last night.... and it was fine that he did as the Raps won irregardless of him helping or not. But come on. He doesn't need to be complimented just because he is Bargnani. Would love to hear a conversation between Rapthoseleafs ("Bargnani carried the team") and you. It would be comedy gold!

Sidenote... Barbossa and Bayless were terrible....again.
        "Bargnani struggled mightily" is not complimenting him. His offensive game was off but he did hit 3 clutch baskets in the 4th when the game was still close. He is constantly getting crapped on, me included, for his help D, it is non-existent and it is never going to be good. It is one of those things that since I've accepted it, life is better.

If you watch the game, he actually did box out and, while he did not get the rebounds, NOH as a team only managed 7 offensive rebounds for the game. The last time they played Okafor had 16 rebounds, 12 of which were offensive; West had 10 rebounds, 4 of which were offensive; NOH as a team had 19 offensive rebounds.
        Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Mar 2, 2011, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Looks like Apollo might be on to something - nowhere near good enough for playoffs, nowhere near bad enough for a top pick. Luckily the lottery gods will be looking out for us I'm sure.

For those advocating tanking - tough game.
          For those advocating playing as hard as possible and letting the chips fall where they may - pretty good game.

On to jolly ol' England vs NJ. These two games should be titled "Ping Pong Ball Wars".
          Lol..notice that EVERY time Jose knows he's gonna get traded, he's either injured or plays shit. But when deadlines pass or when he finds out he's aight, for the time being, he plays AMAZING right after? Lol...sum'n I've noticed as of late.
          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Jack would have been a million times better backup than Bayless. Too bad everyone, including management, thought he could be a starter.

Comment

Do you think Hornets fans (if there are any) sit around and complain about Paul and Jack PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME?? Just brought back all these memories of retarded arguments and watching people go in to seizures and start convulsing every time Jose and Jack played together.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                Do you think Hornets fans (if there are any) sit around and complain about Paul and Jack PLAYING AT THE SAME TIME?? Just brought back all these memories of retarded arguments and watching people go in to seizures and start convulsing every time Jose and Jack played together.
                I had the same thought last night too!!

Comment

Working...
                X