Would you take a flier on Rasual Butler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you take a flier on Rasual Butler

Rasual Butler was waived today, he is a 3 point shooter who can play both wing positions, plays very good defense and he is a veteran that is useful to this team as a mentor (can't have too much of mentors(Jose is the mentor for the PG position, Reggie Evans is the mentor for the big man position, we need a veteran wing to complete the triumvrate ); hopefully, he can help DD and James Johnson on their 3 point shots ). Would you take a flier on him, Raps Republic members and if not, who do want to us take a flier as a veteran wing for mentoring this young team?

I pass on Rasual Butler.

Right now we don't need a veteran wing player to mentor the young guys we have Alex English to do that.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

corey brewer or azibuike

Comment

Seriously, isnt it a bit late to be getting a "mentor" in with about 20 games to go. Why would/should the Raps take away pt from the developing guys. This year has been a good thing for their development. There'll be plenty of time in the off season when decisions can be made on who to keep, draft and veteran signings for that mentoring which I agree is important going forward. We have Jose and so a veteran forward would be a good thing.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
          I pass on Rasual Butler.

Right now we don't need a veteran wing player to mentor the young guys we have Alex English to do that.
          I'd rather take a minimum pay on Dequan Cook of my bench, they both do the same thing. But OKC still might need him if Harden gets injured.

Comment

The Raptors have Wright, Johnson, DeRozan, Weems and Barbosa who play the wing. That's a lot of mediocre talent. The last thing the Raptors need is more mediocre talent, especially if it might take playing time away from young players who need it to develop.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
            X