Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Raptors Go To London

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Raptors Go To London

Wait a second... Back to back games after an intercontinental flight?

No trouble to tell who the league doesn't respect right now, huh? Just kidding.

Toronto will play against the New Jersey Nets on Friday and Saturday at the O2 arena in London before flying home on Sunday morning.

Here’s a rough outline (subject to change) of the Raptors itinerary while in the UK:

Tuesday - host the New Orleans Hornets at 7pm; fly to London, England around 1130pm
    Wednesday - land in London in the AM; players rest and get acclimated to the 5-hour time difference; practice in the evening
    Thursday - late morning/early-afternoon practice; free time for the players in the late afternoon and evening
    Friday - morning shoot-around; game 1 vs NJ that night (8pm London)
    Saturday - morning shoot-around; game 2 vs NJ that night (8pm London)
    Sunday - fly back to Toronto in the morning
    Source: Fan590

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Luckily these are home games for NJ.

Post Thanks / Like

This is a good point. It could be worse.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You know what, life is tough, long flights, blah blah blah.

These dudes are millionaires, they can deal with jet lag, just rub their eyes with $1000 pound notes

This is a great experience for the team, and will get them LOTS of media exposure both in North America and in Europe. Plus the 02 arena is huge and awesome so these guys will love it, especially the American players who have never played on a big world stage.

I think the Raps are lucky to have been chosen for this. Luckily as well, we are out of the playoff race so jet lag schmetlag who cares.

Having lived in London for a bit I would loved to have seen the Raps come to town. I can just imagine the cockney Londoners , "crikey, he's a tall one innit".
    Last edited by Multipaul; Wed Mar 2nd, 2011 at 11:16 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

lol.. it's too bad they're pampered rich kids and won't experience london the way normal people would...

i would love to see any of them getting on the tube.. i'm only 6'2", and i was constantly smashing my head against the top of the door frames, or against the holding rails on the ceiling

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    lol.. it's too bad they're pampered rich kids and won't experience london the way normal people would...

i would love to see any of them getting on the tube.. i'm only 6'2", and i was constantly smashing my head against the top of the door frames, or against the holding rails on the ceiling
    YO, so which of the Raps will be first to go down to Clapham Common to meet some Rastas?! My bet is JT!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6173743

Looks like the Nets are doing their best to ensure the Raps overtake them at the bottom of the standings - lol

Tankers only need to remember what happened to Boston in 2007. While it was brutal for the lottery results, it was the best thing that ever could have happened for them.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, gonna be tough. Jet lag can cause fatigue and mess up your routine, for weeks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to see Ed Davis b-slap Prince Charles

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Wow, gonna be tough. Jet lag can cause fatigue and mess up your routine, for weeks.
    Its actually worse coming back. The games start at 3pm our time so they should be fine. These guys are in peak condition and not like some of us

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Its actually worse coming back. The games start at 3pm our time so they should be fine. These guys are in peak condition and not like some of us
    I'm worried about the 1st game back, they will be so juiced up to be over there, should be awesome to watch.

FYI Raps TV is replaying both games at 7pm EST the day of each game

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/n...ory?id=6173743

Looks like the Nets are doing their best to ensure the Raps overtake them at the bottom of the standings - lol

Tankers only need to remember what happened to Boston in 2007. While it was brutal for the lottery results, it was the best thing that ever could have happened for them.
    Yikes. Just how David Stern envisioned it!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    I'm worried about the 1st game back, they will be so juiced up to be over there, should be awesome to watch.

FYI Raps TV is replaying both games at 7pm EST the day of each game
    Right. So we all agree not to post anything about the game until the broadcast is over.

Cool?

Cool.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes - Wilbon and Kornheiser trashing the Raptors and Nets going to London on PTI :s typical ESPN/US Media trashing, but just hurts to see - yes, this isn't Lakers v Celtics and not exactly the cream of the crop in terms of standings and talent, but do they always have to make negative comments whenever the Raptors are brought up?

hopefully they put on a show this weekend and the world has a chance to see just how exciting the Raptors are to watch
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Right. So we all agree not to post anything about the game until the broadcast is over.

Cool?

Cool.
    Well, the first game is on Fri 3pm, i will hopefully be streamin it at work!

The Saturday game is at 3pm too, hopefully most peeps can watch it live! But I won't say ish until later if everyone else is down (don't think that will happen tho)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i wonder how it would sound when the crowd chants defence?

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see Ed Davis b-slap Prince Charles
    more like James Johnson knockout the guards in the buckingham palace

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e2thed wrote: View Post
    more like James Johnson knockout the guards in the buckingham palace
    lol that would be pretty funny.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote huskies2raps wrote: View Post
    Yikes - Wilbon and Kornheiser trashing the Raptors and Nets going to London on PTI :s typical ESPN/US Media trashing, but just hurts to see - yes, this isn't Lakers v Celtics and not exactly the cream of the crop in terms of standings and talent, but do they always have to make negative comments whenever the Raptors are brought up?

hopefully they put on a show this weekend and the world has a chance to see just how exciting the Raptors are to watch
    You do see the end of PTI dont you? Kornheiser is the ONLY American broadcaster I am aware of who actually waves a Canadian flag at the end of EVERY show specifically wishing "Goodbye Canada". I have no idea why.

So, no I wouldnt lay that Canadian bashing label on him or that show.

ps...I did not see the clip so I dont know the context. Besides seems he put down the Nets as well too. Both teams are bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, he started doing that(flag waving) years ago after putting his foot in his mouth about something. Can't remember what it was...

I don't think either of them is a Canada basher. Both have been critical of the Raptors but both have also offered praised. They seem to pick a stance warranted by the team's current circumstances. They seem to form and project a real opinion, not a generic pessimistic one. I agree with them that a Raptors/Nets game is a horrible way to market the league in another country. If you were trying to sell your line of products to someone would you bust out the worst product you offer or your best?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information