Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Raptors Go To London

Post Thanks / Like

Kornheiser is always putting his foot in his mouth, just look at what happened to his short NFL broadcast career. Not to mention getting suspended from ESPN last year for a bit over something, can't remember exactly what.

To be fair it IS stupid to have the raps and nets play there. Why would London want to see two bottom dwellers? I'm not really sure what the schedule makers were thinking.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    You do see the end of PTI dont you? Kornheiser is the ONLY American broadcaster I am aware of who actually waves a Canadian flag at the end of EVERY show specifically wishing "Goodbye Canada". I have no idea why.

So, no I wouldnt lay that Canadian bashing label on him or that show.

ps...I did not see the clip so I dont know the context. Besides seems he put down the Nets as well too. Both teams are bad.
    Tony does that because the show runs longer than we are allowed to see. Canada goes to other programming.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Kornheiser is always putting his foot in his mouth, just look at what happened to his short NFL broadcast career. Not to mention getting suspended from ESPN last year for a bit over something, can't remember exactly what.

To be fair it IS stupid to have the raps and nets play there. Why would London want to see two bottom dwellers? I'm not really sure what the schedule makers were thinking.
    I think what they did was go with two bottom feeder as to not affect anyone who would be vying for playoff seeding.

Anyway, I don't watch PTI anymore because I'm never around when it's on but I find Kornheiser entertaining. It's why he's been on T.V. for so long and why he will continue to be on T.V.

MNF has axed a lot of people over the years. It wasn't a shocker. The fact that they even picked him, a non-football guy, to give it a go is a testament to the level of respect he carries.

Raptors Republic Rookie huskies2raps's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

No I'm also a fan of Kornheiser, and he nor Wilbon "Canada bash" - I agree that it's not the top talent that's being marketed to the UK, but my point was that it's frustrating, as a Raptors fan, to see reporters from ESPN's perspectives as them as a non-relevant, non-exciting, non-prime time worthy team - which, granted, they're not exactly MIA, NY, or LA, and yes they are at the bottom of the standings, but they can be an exciting team and I think many people will see that this weekend with the two games at the O2

I am a big fan of Kornheiser, but sometimes he says stupid shit - "Demarcus Derozan should not be complaining about the use of props in the dunk contest" come on man, get the guy's name right - Wilbon had to correct him

I think that because it is against the Nets, the Raptors have a chance to play a fast break, exciting, high flying brand and excite the fans there, and hopefully win over a couple thousand fans - I'm hopin they put on a great show on both nights, filled with numerous monster dunks -RAPS ON NATIONAL TV!!
    Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The reality is this is great for the franchise brand/MLSE. They do not lose 2 home games, they get the novelty of going to Europe for first NBA regular season games 'across the pond', and they get the attention from European media and citizens so when it comes time to buy NBA gear they throw on some Raptor paraphernalia and fill MLSE coffers on the royalties.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Paul__Jones Paul Jones
    by Eric__Smith
    Deron Williams said in spite of hand issues (sprained rt wrist and bruised left hand) he will play...but engaging with the media...he wasn't

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information