Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clippers Celebrate Black History on the Wrong Month...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clippers Celebrate Black History on the Wrong Month...

Black history is usually celebrated in February and not March.

My only question is how did they determine which kids were underprivileged?

tell me this is a photoshop prank or something...

in my life, other than the raps, i've only ever owned 2 jerseys..

1. a kemp sonics jersey, and it breaks my heart that the team no longer exists
    2. a danny manning clippers jersey, and it breaks my heart that the team still exists

Krix wrote: View Post
    My only question is how did they determine which kids were underprivileged?
    i assume sterling will give strict instructions to the ticket table to "only give them to them darkie babies"

Comment

So many things wrong with this.

First, the obvious: they got the wrong month.

Second, they're celebrating black history month by slapping two white guys on a full-page ad, including one senior citizen in a tuxedo.

Third, what does being underprivileged have to do with being black? The implied racism is astonishing.

Comment

despite looking like a "My Buddy" doll, Griffin is half black... so i'll give them a conditional pass on that one..

but Sterling... dude is a modern day Col. Sanders..he has no business being in the same sentence with the word "black"

Comment

This is sooo Clippers basketball.

Comment

Well, it was a good game. Them underprivileged kids should be grateful in the least.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
              Third, what does being underprivileged have to do with being black? The implied racism is astonishing.
              Ya thats what jumped out at me. Very underhanded way of insulting them if you ask me.

Comment

Guys, do you seriously think they intentionally tried to insult anybody? I mean come on, that doesn't make any sense. These charity things are typically good press, good advertising while helping people. This one was just a horrible fail.

Comment

Comment

a quick googling indicates its real

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...e=NBAHeadlines

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                      a quick googling indicates its real

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angele...e=NBAHeadlines
                      It's much easier to just criticize.

Comment

criticizing is easier than googling?!?!

seriously?
                        our cell phones have google buttons these days. googling is so much easier than having an original opinion.

for instance, im not sure what to make of this whole charlie sheen debacle... a quick google search says i should blame the rebuplicans, so that's what i'll do

so much easier than thinking.

Comment

That's weird, when I google Charlie Sheen it tells me to blame Obama.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
                            That's weird, when I google Charlie Sheen it tells me to blame Obama.
                            i googled "charlie sheen opinion" to make it absolutely clear to the google-gods that i required them to decide my opinion for me.. the first result was something about blaming the "republicans, democrats, whoever"... to me that was a ranking, with republicans being ranked the #1 in charlie sheen blame.. the whoever was only third... i assume "whoever" means the hollywood zeitgeist that chooses to saddle young children with unimaginable fame and wealth thus robbing them of the simple life lessons of responsibility and civility... but im too lazy to click the link and learn... google does my learning for me

so i blame republicans.

Comment

Working...
                            X