Calderon "The Facilitator" Vs. The League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Calderon would be the perfect mentor for the next two seasons for Irving, if the Raps are fortunate enough to draft him. Calderon is a professional on and off the court, puts the team first and is a pass-first PG... everything we want in the PG of the future for this team, which he could pass along to Irving while he transitions to the NBA, especially if he comes out for the upcoming draft after only half of one season of college ball.

Drafting Irving and keeping Calderon on as a mentor instantly makes Bayless trade bait, which is good, since his age/contract/potential make him a much more valued asset than Calderon.
    If Irving is available when the Raptors draft then they take him because, IMO, he is the best player in the draft. If he is not, they take the best player available. I trust BC's judgement on this 100% - he is a good drafter.

2012 has some good PG"s coming out.

It is not like the whole roster doesn't need upgrading - SF needs a legit starter, defensive wings who can hit the 3 would be nice, a solid 4th big is needed preferably a C (anyone else like Pekovic, I'm man crushing him of late), PG needs someone for the future.

Comment

Our chances of landing Irving aren't great. The Cav's need a point guard and Irving's really the only one available who can contribute right away. (And don't forget, Cleveland also has the Clippers' pick.) Maybe our best bet is to ride Calderon for another year, hope the Raps still suck and they can draft this point guard in 2012: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/myck-kabongo

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Funny comment about his age. Considering Nash, J Kidd, Derek Fisher, etc, all perform well and they are "up there". I assume you mean he is not aging well, in that his talent is tapering off? It might be safer to say his talent level was just never at that superior level. I fully expect D Rose, Rondo, D Will, etc, to continue to improve with age, and as J Kidd would say, learn to be good at new things and understand what they can and cannot do at a certain age.
        I mean with the injuries he has had, he most likely is not going to be a fine wine. He doesn't rely on athleticism in his game. As long as his body holds up, he should be fine. But again, it comes back to his health.

Grant Hill is without a doubt the biggest freak in the NBA when you consider his injury history and what he is doing at 37/38 years of age.

Comment

Raptomist wrote: View Post
          Our chances of landing Irving aren't great. The Cav's need a point guard and Irving's really the only one available who can contribute right away. (And don't forget, Cleveland also has the Clippers' pick.) Maybe our best bet is to ride Calderon for another year, hope the Raps still suck and they can draft this point guard in 2012: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...7/myck-kabongo
          +1 - minus the sucking part. But if they do it is a nice consolation prize.

Comment

PG's better than Jose IMO

Derrick Rose
            Steve Nash
            Rondo
            Derron Williams
            Chris Paul (having a tough time at the moment)
            Stephen Curry
            John Wall

That makes Jose the 8th best point guard in the league. I'm sure other people will argue that there are a couple others who are better (There is definitely a debate for Jameer Nelson and Jason Kidd) but I guess I'm confused why people are talking like Jose is chopped liver. He is a top 10 pg in the league this season and is only 29. Irving would be great if we get him but to me, this season's Jose is a good enough point guard to start on a title contender and there is no one else on this team you can say that about.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Calderon is 17th in PER for point-guards and 18th in value added. I think that's an appropriate measurement of his value.
              -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
              -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

According to [some] Raptors fans he's a bottom 3 PG in the league. Raps fans always underrate Jose.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  PG's better than Jose IMO

Derrick Rose
                  Steve Nash
                  Rondo
                  Derron Williams
                  Chris Paul (having a tough time at the moment)
                  Stephen Curry
                  John Wall

That makes Jose the 8th best point guard in the league. I'm sure other people will argue that there are a couple others who are better (There is definitely a debate for Jameer Nelson and Jason Kidd) but I guess I'm confused why people are talking like Jose is chopped liver. He is a top 10 pg in the league this season and is only 29. Irving would be great if we get him but to me, this season's Jose is a good enough point guard to start on a title contender and there is no one else on this team you can say that about.
                  Curry?!

Comment

Calderon is 17th in PER for point-guards and 18th in value added. I think that's an appropriate measurement of his value.
                    I don't like PER for Jose because the reason Jose's PER is lower this season than it was the last time he was healthy is that his shooting percentage is down quite a bit. Given Jose's excellent shooting form and career average as a 0.488 shooter, I don't see that trend continuing into next season and I think you'll see his PER back to almost 20 when he gets his stroke back.

I should add that I am an eternal optimist for all thing Raptors .

Curry might be an exaggeration, I just realllly like his game.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

I like Jose too, he can be a top 10 point-guard, but right now he's playing in the bottom third of the league.
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        APG: 9.2, 5th in NBA
                        AP48M: 14.2, 3rd in NBA
                        AST/TO: 4.22, 1st in NBA

Side note FYI:
                        ACC Stats
                        APG: 10.1
                        AP48M: 15.2
                        AST/TO: 4.63

Source: ESPN.com
                        lol you basically copied my thread from a few days before ...

Comment

ps how come i can never find my old threads but see everyone elses

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                            ps how come i can never find my old threads but see everyone elses
                            Because as comments are added to a thread, it gets bumped up to the top of the pages for threads.

Inactive threads keep getting pushed down.

The last thread I see you started is on page 4, that will require you to look back through instead of insinuating threads are removed and thread ideas are perjured.

Comment

i clearly posted them as spereate messages for a reason. I was looking for my thread to show apollo I created a similar thread a few days ago because maybe he didn't notice it. But thanks for your wishful tihnking.

Comment

Calderon

LOL!!!
                                Pointless commenting about calderon..but Facilitator vs League..sure!!!
                                What's our record..Enough said!!!
                                I'll I care is in off season,his trade value,when we trade his spanish A@@...and draft Kyrie Irving..that's ure true facilitator.

Cheers...

P.S

Trade Andrea Bargnani also..

Dr Hannibal Lecter
                                "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                                My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Working...
                                X