X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sophomore Report: DeMar DeRozan

Not sure if this has been posted here:

http://www.hoopsdaily.com/content/so...r-derozan-real

I have an issue with the article and its theme. By the author's own admission he hasn't watched many Raptor games - in fact he recommends nobody does. As a fan of the team and follower for years and years and years, this year's team is the most entertainging since the Wince years. They usually work hard and are unfortuantely usually overmatched at most positions.

With that said, the scoring has gone up but so has other areas of his game. He is getting around 4 per game which is not horrible from your shooting guard, shoots 50% FG and 85% FT, gets around a steal a game, is getting around 2 assists a game of late, and his defense has improved as well. They are not earth-shattering but they have shown improvements nonetheless and from a 21 year old in his second season he has a long way to go - as the writer acknowledges.

Seems to me the writer watched the New Orleans game and wrote an article. He really should watch more Raptors games.

Comment

Different point of view. Enjoyable read.

Comment

He is not a 3 point threat, but his mid range game and shooting form lead me to believe that can change.
        Probably the only thing I agreed with in this article.

Comment

I thought the author pinpointed DeMar's situation fairly well considering his lack of experience watching our team play... IMO more accurate than many of the so-called experts from the U.S.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
            I thought the author pinpointed DeMar's situation fairly well considering his lack of experience watching our team play... IMO more accurate than many of the so-called experts from the U.S.
            It still had the bias/urban legend thing going in my opinion. It is like continued reference by members of US media characterizing Toronto as a small market team when Toronto is the 4th largest market in North America.

No doubt DD's number one attribute is scoring and that is where he has shown the most improvement. However, watch enough of the games - or compare early season to now - and you'll see he has improved in pretty much all facets of his game, IMO.

Comment

American Arrogance...

Sometimes you wonder what it must be like when American's stare at their own reflection and wack off to it...seriously.

This team has more issues than the New York Times, but they play hard and are more entertaining than half the teams in the NBA. Seriously this guy needs to get himself a validated passport and stop assuming culture is getting drunk in an American resort in Mexico...

Comment

Working...
              X