NBA coverage bias

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA coverage bias

Anybody else notice that in all nba.com recap and highlights, usually the other team gets the most coverage. its kinda pissing me off. Even when the raptors win the game, the other team gets more highlights in the beginning and then they just sum it up with the raptors winning in the last minutes of the fourth quarter.

Yeah, basically they had 7 plays of Deron Williams doing pretty average stuff. I'll give him some broken ankles on Sonny Weems, but did NONE of the other players do anything at all?

Comment

I've noticed it for a long time - it's pure BS....it's like they want to acknowledge that the Raps don't exist or something
      Your ex came by; you can call me Jonas Valanciunas, cause I'm the king of rebounds!

Comment

huskies2raps wrote: View Post
        I've noticed it for a long time - it's pure BS....it's like they want to acknowledge that the Raps don't exist or something
        Winning solves everything.

So does having a highlight reel player.

I agree with the current bias but do people not remember the Vince years before he became Wince? He led off SportsCentre every night and was routinely the highlight of the night. Basically the Clippers/Blake now = the Raptors/Wince then.

Comment

Darien wrote: View Post
          Yeah, basically they had 7 plays of Deron Williams doing pretty average stuff. I'll give him some broken ankles on Sonny Weems, but did NONE of the other players do anything at all?
          You have to admit DWilliams pretty much won that game for the Nets in the 4th when it counted. He is what in fact what one would call a true "go to" player. The guy truly has multiple options as a talent to create his shot when it counts....and makes things happen. So I dont begrudge him making the hilite reel. A dunk to me in the 2-3rd qtr is meaningless (unless truly spectacular).

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            You have to admit DWilliams pretty much won that game for the Nets in the 4th when it counted. He is what in fact what one would call a true "go to" player. The guy truly has multiple options as a talent to create his shot when it counts....and makes things happen. So I dont begrudge him making the hilite reel. A dunk to me in the 2-3rd qtr is meaningless (unless truly spectacular).
            Gaines had as much or more to do with it than anyone in the 4th.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              Winning solves everything.

So does having a highlight reel player.

I agree with the current bias but do people not remember the Vince years before he became Wince? He led off SportsCentre every night and was routinely the highlight of the night. Basically the Clippers/Blake now = the Raptors/Wince then.
              While winning will definitely help, its not just winning teams who gets games on ESPN and TNT. 'Sota have had games on both networks, so did the Cavs, Wizards and Sacramento. I do understand the NBA catering more to the US audience since ESPN and TNT are solely US networks, but they have to understand that Toronto has US players too, and can also use the exposure.

Demar and Amir are more than occasionally on the highlights, but id still want to see a raps game on a US network.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                While winning will definitely help, its not just winning teams who gets games on ESPN and TNT. 'Sota have had games on both networks, so did the Cavs, Wizards and Sacramento. I do understand the NBA catering more to the US audience since ESPN and TNT are solely US networks, but they have to understand that Toronto has US players too, and can also use the exposure.

Demar and Amir are more than occasionally on the highlights, but id still want to see a raps game on a US network.
                You gotta consider the opponent those teams were playing and the fact the TV schedule is made before the season even starts. Besides Sactown has the reigning ROY and what many thought would be a better team, Wiz were being penciled in for the playoffs before October rolled around, Cavs...opponent maybe? When did they make National TV? The heat game? and I have no excuse for Sota but the Raps have been irrelevant for quite some time so don't sweat it too much.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X