Conflicting Feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting Feelings

I was watching the Rap's game and I hated that they were losing. It sucks to watch, then the thought comes that they need to get a good pick in the draft so losing is okay. It doesn't make the loss easier, but at least it's something. Am I the only one feeling this or is this shared mutually?

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    I was watching the Rap's game and I hated that they were losing. It sucks to watch, then the thought comes that they need to get a good pick in the draft so losing is okay. It doesn't make the loss easier, but at least it's something. Am I the only one feeling this or is this shared mutually?
    +1

I'm happy with the loss today because of the great games by DD and Easy Ed. I def didn't want two wins against a team we're tied with, but I'll take the split!

Comment

Lol hey guys, at least we're not the Heat! hahahahaha!!

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
        Lol hey guys, at least we're not the Heat! hahahahaha!!
        TRUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY GOT STEAMROLLED TONIGHT! and they're gm is on crack on sumthing, who is their right mind would sign mike bibby? Joe johnson averages more assists than he does like WTF!

Comment

Bonner and the Spurs KILLED Miami. I don't know what Charles Barkley was saying when he said that the Spurs weren't for real. What a tool

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
            Bonner and the Spurs KILLED Miami. I don't know what Charles Barkley was saying when he said that the Spurs weren't for real. What a tool
            He's thinking of Dallas and LA. Anyone can guard the heat with no one below the elbow;they are the worst of the elite division right now and basically go two deep on offense.

To answer the original question, losing is for losers and breeds losing losers. I would also like to point out that we are starting four first round picks with two more off the bench. The present is just as important to their development as adding another possible piece. If they pick-up Perry Jones or Sullinger or Irving or Barnes doesn't really matter. Whoever we get may or may not contribute long or short term;whoever is picked 14th may be better than whoever is picked fourth (especially if it's Fredette, either way).

Bottom line for me, is draft shmaft, let's lace 'em up and see what we've got now.

Comment

+1000000

Comment

jamesk wrote: View Post
                Bottom line for me, is draft shmaft, let's lace 'em up and see what we've got now.
                The good thing is with the state of the team right now (injuries, young/inexperienced players, lack of depth/talent) they can play balls out and still compete for a top 3 pick.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  The good thing is with the state of the team right now (injuries, young/inexperienced players, lack of depth/talent) they can play balls out and still compete for a top 3 pick.
                  Worst insult ever

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                    Worst insult ever
                    The truth often hurts.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      My son even said, repeating what I have mentioned a lot to him this year, why do they close out games so bad? They have proved to be young and unproven late in games. Some horrid decisions. Bad clock management. Often it seems that no one is in charge late. So, I'd add that to the fact they lose so often. But damn, that was a harsh comment.
                      “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                        My son even said, repeating what I have mentioned a lot to him this year, why do they close out games so bad? They have proved to be young and unproven late in games. Some horrid decisions. Bad clock management. Often it seems that no one is in charge late. So, I'd add that to the fact they lose so often. But damn, that was a harsh comment.
                        You know i think Triano sits there like a spectator he probably sits there and thinks to himself "wtf is going on here someone should call a timeout" horrible coach horrible coach.

Comment

LOL - Really that harsh?

Their injuries, youth/inexperience, and lack of depth and talent (i.e. guys who would not start on good NBA teams and lack of depth at most positions - SF specifically) has contributed to a 17-45 record with 20 games left.

The hardest thing for fans of any team, myself included, is to fairly evaluate the talent of the roster. Look at the Raptors roster:

PG: Calderon, Bayless
                          SG: DeRozan, Barbosa, Weems
                          SF: Johnson, Wright, (Kleiza)
                          PF: Amir, Davis, Dorsey, (Evans)
                          C: Bargnani, Ajinca, Alabi

Starters first: Calderon does not start on a good team (talent) and has had injuries, DeRozan is still developing but is promising (youth/inexperience), Johnson was buried on the bench of a good team (youth/inexperience/talent) and just getting a legit shot in the NBA, Amir is still figuring out how to play without fouling -he is getting better- so he can contribute major minutes(youth/inexperience) but right now he is not starting on a good team (talent), Bargnani is unique, unorthodox, and has had injury issues this year as well.

Bench next: Kleiza, Evans, and Barbosa have either not played or played hurt most of the season (injuries). Bayless (young/inexperienced), Wright (young, inexperienced, talent is quesitonalbe), Weems (young/inexperienced and while talent is there his head is often not), Dorsey works hard and appears to be a great teammate but that doesn't make him an NBA player (inexperienced, talent), Ajinca has been buried on the bench for years in CHA, DAL, and, until the last couple of games, in TOR too (inexperienced), Alabi is a project (young/inexperienced, talent is questionable as he is 22 not 19).

So while the comment might be harsh, it is not without merit. Sorry people.

*EDIT* I forgot Davis. A very bright future however in the here and now he is a rookie (youth/inexperience).
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Mar 5, 2011, 03:09 PM.

Comment

@Matt52

Calderone should be considered a top 10 PG.
                            Bargnani could start for any team in the league with either a strong PF or Centre. How many players of that size have the skill set?
                            Amir Johnson is the kind of player any team wants. Not saying he would find a spot on all teams.

And did you see a few of the shots DD hit yesterday. lol. He hit a floating, sliding 12 footer that seemed impossible. Only net.

I think the Coach might not be the right one though. These last minutes in games we show our immaturity, but it also makes us look ill prepared. Which falls on the Coach.
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

@Matt52

Calderone should be considered a top 10 PG.
                              Bargnani could start for any team in the league with either a strong PF or Centre. How many players of that size have the skill set?
                              Amir Johnson is the kind of player any team wants. Not saying he would find a spot on all teams.

And did you see a few of the shots DD hit yesterday. lol. He hit a floating, sliding 12 footer that seemed impossible. Only net.

I think the Coach might not be the right one though. These last minutes in games we show our immaturity, but it also makes us look ill prepared. Which falls on the Coach.
                              I was discussing the 'here and now' and this all started with this comment I made:

I am not doubting the Raptors future. I think they should be in the playoffs after next season which would be a remarkable and fast rebuild/turnaround.

Calderon is not a top 10 PG - I have to respectfully disagree.
                              You are correct with Bargnani but I think he needs a strong defensive minded, rebounding SF in there as well.
                              Amir is the kind of big man any team wants - coming off the bench.
                              Turst me I saw DD yesterday - and many games of late - he is really growing on the offensive end.

The reality is - today - the Raps can work their tails off and still compete for a top 3 draft pick. They have 17 wins while the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th worst records in the league are at 15 wins. The reasons for this are injury (Barbosa, Kleiza, Evans may very well be a blessing in disguise to get a top 5 draft pick versus top 10), youth/inexperience, and, outside a few players, a lack of talent/depth at generally all positions.

Obviously we're all entitled to our own opinions but I'm trying to be as objective and unbiased as a fan that I can possibly be.

Comment

Working...
                              X