Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to move Ed Davis to the starting line up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
    Maybe i've been tainted by the bargs haters and I'll be the first to admit that I've only watched about a dozen or so games this year, but Bargs has not shown me anything that makes me want to keep him on this roster. Not sure what his value is on the open market but if another gm showed interest I would probably pull the trigger on that trade. I like Amir and Davis on the floor together, from what I've seen the defensive effort and impact is there. Speaking realistically, Bargs will be a starter for at least the rest of the season as long as he is healthy. From what I've seen of Davis he is no where near Amir in terms of ability to impact a game. I have no problems with Davis getting more minutes but he is still a bench player, but not a scrub.
    Davis is nowhere near as polished offensively; however, he is probably already as good a defender as Amir and he is a better rebounder. I'm not sure who should start but they should definitely split minutes with Ed having a few plays a game ran for him so he can start getting reps in the set offense.

Added: I would also love to see Bargs moved in the offseason and a good defensive C like Dalembert brought in.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
      Davis is nowhere near as polished offensively;
      True. However the last few games has seen Ed be much more aggressive offensively. He has taken (and hit!) a few foul line jumpers, some nice face up jumpers just above the block, and he has a very nice left handed hook. I have so much hope for him. He looks like the real deal (hopefully I did not jinx anything).

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        True. However the last few games has seen Ed be much more aggressive offensively. He has taken (and hit!) a few foul line jumpers, some nice face up jumpers just above the block, and he has a very nice left handed hook. I have so much hope for him. He looks like the real deal (hopefully I did not jinx anything).
        I am actually starting to see a bit of a young Kevin Garnett in his game. Garnett was a better offensive player in his first year, but other than that there are a lot of similarities. Both are underweight at the 4, are 6'10", play good help D, and play with a chip on their shoulder. I'm not trying to say Ed is the next Garnett but I think it's a decent comparison especially given the way he rebounds. If he get's that little step back, turn around J that Garnett has used as his bread and butter for years, I think he will become one of the NBA'a truly elite bigs.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Working...
        X