Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it time to move Ed Davis to the starting line up ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we wait on moving Ed to the starting lineup. Although I'm sure he would develop faster, I wouldn't wanna risk aggravating his injury (although it has been quite a while now).

Besides, there's still the question of what happens when Reggie comes back.

Comment

Tbh, we should move White Swan to the bench and start Davis and Amir together. That idea's been floating around for awhile, but I've warmed up to it a lot. The combo should at the very least be getting more PT.

(And inb4 something like "Bargs is easily our best player, you moron. Without him the team is nothing. How the hell is the team going to score without him.")

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
        I think we wait on moving Ed to the starting lineup. Although I'm sure he would develop faster, I wouldn't wanna risk aggravating his injury (although it has been quite a while now).

Besides, there's still the question of what happens when Reggie comes back.
        +1

He is doing fine as is. A summer in the weight room then throw him out for the starting 5.

Reggie should sit IMO.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
          Chris Herpies is a scrub. He only played good cause his coach is actually half decent unlike our retard coach who can barley draw a decent play for his life. If amir was on the Nets instead of Hump he would be averaging a double double. And Hump would be averaging 2ppg and 1rbs.
          PPG RPG BLKPG PER MPG
          9.2 9.5 1.0 17.88 25.9

These are his numbers on the year. Damn fine numbers. He is not a scrub anymore.
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            +1

He is doing fine as is. A summer in the weight room then throw him out for the starting 5.

Reggie should sit IMO.
            Really? Damn. I can't wait to see him back in. So he can play PF and SF?
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Agree with Matt in all respects. He should be getting more minutes though.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                PPG RPG BLKPG PER MPG
                9.2 9.5 1.0 17.88 25.9

These are his numbers on the year. Damn fine numbers. He is not a scrub anymore.
                cause he has a good coach and a good PG to set his ass up for points. If Amir was in his place he would be putting up K love numbers. And how long has Hump been in the NBA? those r terrible numbers for a dude who's been in the nba for a few seasons.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                  cause he has a good coach and a good PG to set his ass up for points. If Amir was in his place he would be putting up K love numbers. And how long has Hump been in the NBA? those r terrible numbers for a dude who's been in the nba for a few seasons.
                  I assume joke? Getting 9.5 rebounds a game has nothing to do with your point guard and is good for 7th in the league. He is also third in rebounds per 36. That makes him a very good player. Scoring isn't everything.
                  "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                    I assume joke? Getting 9.5 rebounds a game has nothing to do with your point guard and is good for 7th in the league. He is also third in rebounds per 36. That makes him a very good player. Scoring isn't everything.
                    whatever, i hate Humpries. I could care less what he averages its not like he's winning championships.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post

And he sucks at free throws

Comment

Bargnani is not this teams best player. He is not this teams best offensive player. He is this teams best scorer and highest usage player (and you can thank the minds of Colangelo and Triano for that).

I totally agree that Ed should be moved to the starting line up, and play beside Amir with Bargnani coming off the bench. Is that going to make the team win, no. But it will improve the team in the long run.

As for the Hump... he has been a solid player when given the opportunity to start. Very Amir-esk. ie. not a superstar, but does the little things to help a team win (chase the ball, rebound, defend, run the floor etc.)

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                          I'm sorry Raptor4Ever but I've never seen a single player be accommodated as much as Bargs has. BC fired a coach of the year that won't tolerate is lackadaisical effort. They snagged Gherardini from Benetton Treviso to assist in Barg's transition to the North American game and occasionally handle assistant Gm and vice-president duties. Heck, the strength and conditioning coach for the Raps is none other than Francesco Cuzzolin, who also came from Treviso. Coincidence? I think not. You're right, JT and BC will be moved because of Andrea Bargnani - to the unemployment line once their respective contracts are not renewed.
                          this is so true. However I have a feeling that BC will not be let go regardless. He will get an extension and we will have to live with him building a team around a player that doesn't deserve to be built around. A guy that shouldn't even be a starter. I personally think the only hope this team has right now is that a true stud player is pulled out of a draft that automatically takes up the roll of 'best player' forcing BC's hand.

Comment

I don't care who starts, it's who gets the minutes.

Comment

Maybe i've been tainted by the bargs haters and I'll be the first to admit that I've only watched about a dozen or so games this year, but Bargs has not shown me anything that makes me want to keep him on this roster. Not sure what his value is on the open market but if another gm showed interest I would probably pull the trigger on that trade. I like Amir and Davis on the floor together, from what I've seen the defensive effort and impact is there. Speaking realistically, Bargs will be a starter for at least the rest of the season as long as he is healthy. From what I've seen of Davis he is no where near Amir in terms of ability to impact a game. I have no problems with Davis getting more minutes but he is still a bench player, but not a scrub.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Not yet - on Davis being a starter. He needs to get bigger and stronger first before he can play more minutes and start against the best. And work A LOT on his FT.

I also like the idea of Ed and Amir together on the floor, but again one is going to be a mismatch at the 5 specially against really big and strong guys like Lopez/D12/Shaq/etc. Honestly, I can't see either one of them getting big and strong enough to play 5.

I want to keep Reggie as a mentor to our bigs if he can be had for less money. Kinda like how Rasho stayed here past his prime.

And finally, even as the 2nd best scorer on a championship team, with seconds remaining in the game, I highly doubt any coach would put Bargnani out there on defense. On a championship team, he will at most, be first big off the bench for scoring. That of course is if any championship caliber team would even consider taking on his contract and try covering up for his defensive deficiencies and low basketball IQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X