No announcement yet.

The Proof is in the Game:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The sad thing about despair is getting used to it.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I get sick of people who look at the last couple plays of a game and make their judgements of the game based on those few plays... the game is decided throughout the entire 48 minutes of play and there can be many mistakes and missed shots that could be viewed as being missed opportunities that cost the Raptors the game. We lost. Big deal. Next game...
    I think you getting sick of the negativity simply translates to your inability to hear the painful truth. My assessment of the game wasn't based in a matter of a handful of games or seconds of each game. Rather it is based on the past five years since our "star" player entered the league. There are plenty of teams that were once bad and are now decent and competitive. One key factor was the fact that their core players "grew" to be good enough to "get it". I'm not sure if Andrea ever will. Perhaps the "Everything Andrea" thread won't have 93,000 views if he was just another player and was not propped up by upper management. Unfortunately, he is and his actions will be scrutinized by fans when things don't go too well. He was drafted at such a high position and the personnel around him was altered accordingly (coaches, trainers and front office included). No other player in this franchise's history have been more accommodated than Andrea Bargnani. Today, he was given the rock in the dying seconds of the game and failed miserably. If he's the best player of this team, then he should be able to handle the fire and the ire of his detractors.

Sorry to offend you CalgaryRapsFan, but I'm not ready to getting used to despair when it comes to this team.
    Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 02:01 AM.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Honestly you guys are a joke. Questioning someone's dedication to this team. It was an interesting rant, and something thought provoking.

I was a Knicks fan...Patrick Ewing era... When Isiah ruined my team I decided Toronto's character players were a good fit for me. One thing I am proud of is that we do not have any pre-madonna's, thugs, or "super stars". We are awesome to watch because our guys are hard working, entertaining and humble. We are on our way to a winning culture.

Bargs is not our franchise and never will be. I love what he does bring to the court. I wish he was a rebounding, defensive menace, but he's not. He never will be. We have to build around that. DeMar has a bright future, and I feel with Ed, DeMar and Bargs we are on the right path.

Jay has been given a dud team, but he is teaching and developing theses young guys. Lay off of our fellow Canadian. He's well respected in this league for a reason.

Accept that this season is a developing year and move on. I'm watching these games to see what the future brings. It's been frustrating, but I see good things.

They can lose every game from now on, and I'm okay with it. As long as they are getting better.

And honestly just because you have been watching the Raptors since the Mighty Mouse days doesn't make you more of a fan then anyone else.

There are tons of guys that just come on here and try and start sh*t because they are bored and have nothing to add to the post. Don't be idiots. I understand we all don't have the same vision, but respect each others opinions.

I'm a Raptor fan and I'm excited to talk about our future!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        You are then probably not old enough to have seen Peja Stojakovic, Pau Gasol, Dirk Novitzki, Toni Kukoc etc to do so. Have you heard of Manu Ginobli (yes he is Argentinian but I'll give him a pass) or Parker.
        to be honost i just started intensly watching the NBA like 2 or 3 years ago. And i'm only 14, i do know all the players but i don't pay attention to them much, i only follow the raps most of the time. And yes i know that all the players you stated have hit game winners but i doubt they were in triple OT with 9 seconds left on the clock. I would have preffered it if Demar or someone else had the ball instead.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post

As being pro-tank, I'm pretty good right now. We can definitely catch up to the Wizards.

Bayless and Davis played well throughout the entire game.

I never considered White Swan to be a franchise player either.

I feel you on HOW we're losing, than losing at all as well. That frustration you're feeling now, is apathy and disinterest for me.
          If this guy isn't in our roster next year i'm going to kill myself

Comment

I don't think anyone anywhere thinks Andrea is a franchise player. He is a good player and a border line all star but he is not on the level of the Lebrons and Dwights of the league; however, being a franchise player does not mean you take/make the final shot of the game. Case and point, Dwight Howard.

This isn't to defend Bargs, it just seems a lot of the posts on here revolve around Andrea needing to hit game winners to be the franchise. The truth of the matter is that many great players, particularly centers, are not the guys you want to give the ball to in game on the line scenarios, and using that as a measure of "franchisness" is not accurate.

If this guy isn't in our roster next year i'm going to kill myself
            Don't mate, he's good but not THAT good. I'm still pulling for Harrison Barnes actually.
            "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

another waste of space from this maggot who knows nothin about hoops. U started this post to cause trouble. Real fans dont need ur bile on this site. go to a few games and learn sumthin, that includes Balls of Sheamus as well. fake ass poser fans, unhappy with life hatin on our team. Waste of time and effort

Comment

good one troll, based on ur posts u probably never held a bball in ur life. Move on sheamus! This is rr, we love our squad and hate haters like u!

Comment

Multipaul wrote:
                  another waste of space from this maggot who knows nothin about hoops. U started this post to cause trouble. Real fans dont need ur bile on this site. go to a few games and learn sumthin, that includes Balls of Sheamus as well. fake ass poser fans, unhappy with life hatin on our team. Waste of time and effort

Dude just F off, no one cares about what you have to say. Stupid Troll

Comment

lol this from the 'i jus started watchin hoops' guy. I said nothin to u, shouldnt u be at joe dogs or something

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      lol this from the 'i jus started watchin hoops' guy. I said nothin to u, shouldnt u be at joe dogs or something
                      wtf is joe dogs? if thats a redneck joke im not even white

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                        I took a nap, my head is a bit more cleared up now. I knew people would come out and defend Bargs. Look, I'm not saying he didn't play well today, but he didn't make the buckets when we needed him to. Neither did Derozan (dude was throwing up bricks after the 4th for most of it.) or Calderon, who didn't shoot after the 4th and recorded only 1 assist in 3 OT's.

If we're gonna say this guy is our franchise player, then we have to hold him to a franchise players standards. He failed us today, when we counted on him more than anyone else, he failed. Twice, for that matter. With the Exact Same Play, from practically the same place on the floor. If it was Derozan or Barbosa or anyone else on the team, you all would have been complaining that we should have given the ball to Bargs. So I'm taking it to the next level and saying, it was a shitty play to begin with, and I blame Triano first and foremost, But for the players,I mostly blame Bargs. Then I blame all the other players who messed up the little things they should have done.

But what's the point? I'm not gonna change anyone's mind. Here's a more important question. IF we do draft Irving at say number 1 or we get Irving somehow, how long before Bargs is no longer our franchise player? Will he always be our franchise player so long as he's here? If so, why, and if not, why not? State your reasons.

3 years down the road, who takes the shot? Who gets the blame? When do we as fans start looking at the mistakes this team makes as a whole instead of individuals? (and again, I've criticized other players, not just Bargs, but he gets it the most, because he's our star).
                        Bro not tryna be offensive but are you retarded? Bargs had 12 boards, he made the clutch 3 to keep us in the game, he also made two drives for the and-ones which also kept us in the game. He did miss the important shots, but how many crucial shots is somone expected to make in a game? This game was 3OT where Bargs was looked for to finish it nearly every single time. Lebron couldnt even keep Miami in the game in the weekend cus he missed the clutch 3 and it wasnt over time. ( Just saying, even though im gunna get ripped into for similarizing him and Bargs)

Comment

hahah u funny kid. My recommendation, watch as much hoops as u can, and play too. Play in triple ot and see how u feel. U r young u can still learn. Support the raps and dont get into all the hatin yo

Comment

The Rawth wrote: View Post
                            Bro not tryna be offensive but are you retarded? Bargs had 12 boards, he made the clutch 3 to keep us in the game, he also made two drives for the and-ones which also kept us in the game. He did miss the important shots, but how many crucial shots is somone expected to make in a game? This game was 3OT where Bargs was looked for to finish it nearly every single time. Lebron couldnt even keep Miami in the game in the weekend cus he missed the clutch 3 and it wasnt over time. ( Just saying, even though im gunna get ripped into for similarizing him and Bargs)

No worries, none taken. Like I said, I'm not only annoyed at Bargs there's a lot of things that other players and the coach did that just bothered me this game. You have to admit, that last play was a stupid play to make with 12 seconds left on the clock. 12 seconds, we're only down by 1, and we take the entire time to take a long 2, practically near the 3 point line. This reminds me of a game we lost last year against the nuggets, where we were up by 1 and I think there was only a few seconds left. Nuggets didn't settle for a long 2, they gave Melo the ball, he drove in, faked out Antoine Wright, pulled back, fadaway jumper from the top of the foul line basically. Nice and Easy, and they won the game.

We on the other hand, took the same difficult shot TWICE in the same situation. I don't care for the loss specifically, it's just, it was such an idiotic play, even the Commentators were basically saying "wtf?".

Comment

Lastly, I don't think I've been unfair whatsoever in my criticism of any aspect of this team. I've kept it as unbiased as possible, I don't hate on any player or person individually, I try to make sound arguments of basically what I think went wrong. I expected a lot of backlash anyways, but I don't understand the people who call it whining. I didn't come to this site to post "bile", I wanted to create an actual discussion of all the things I thought went wrong. It's not my fault you guys yourselves are so divided and riled up about defending and maligning individual players.

Besides, What else would be the purpose of this site if not to discuss all aspects of the Toronto Raptors, good, bad, annoying, pointless or otherwise? Are we just supposed to come on here and say "Tough Game, we just gotta move on to the next one"? or "Well, we'll get it next time?"

I just wanted to make my thoughts known, that's all.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                I'm not feeding you Paul "the Troll". My posts are indicative of my knowledge about basketball (that includes how much I've watched, played and coached). You're golden response however is all I need to know. Where is your intelligent rebuttal? I'm still searching. You have 1,454 posts. Any of them of any quality and substance? How many of them are actually critical and insightful? Think about it. Or not, as you usually do.

PS> Please consider the irony in your posts. You proclaim to "love" this team, yet you hate "haters" by insulting their dedication as fans or questioning their ability to play basketball? C'mon man, throw US a bone once in a while.
                                Last edited by Balls of Steel; Sun Mar 6, 2011, 11:51 AM.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X