Page 103 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 2640

Thread: 2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Boko wrote: View Post
    Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?
    Neither Felton or Sessions are RFA this summer.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?
    Fredette will go in the teens, way too much of a stretch for the Raptors to take him. His defense is worse than Calderon's. There is no chance the Raps draft Jimmer.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Neither Felton or Sessions are RFA this summer.
    You're right ... Sessions has a player option next summer ... and I'm not sure why Felton is unrestricted next summer, but is NOT 'restricted' this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorDan wrote: View Post
    Fredette will go in the teens, way too much of a stretch for the Raptors to take him. His defense is worse than Calderon's. There is no chance the Raps draft Jimmer.
    They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran, instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.

Please, don't bring up Kapono ... he didn't lead the NCAA in scoring, too! Thanks ...
    Last edited by Boko; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 05:22 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...
    why are you qouting me to post that?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter RaptorDan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.
    I think our league worst defense is more of a priority than 3-point shooting. His man on man defense is atrocious. He is 22, which is a little old, meaning his potential isn't great as say, Knight. Also he is more of a combo guard rather than a true point guard, which we already have in Bayless.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran, instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.

Please, don't bring up Kapono ... he didn't lead the NCAA in scoring, too! Thanks ...
    Why do that when you can draft Brandon Knight who can shoot the 3 but is way superior defender?
    @Chr1st1anL

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani+5th pick and trade exception to Minnesota for their 2nd pick and Milicic. It appears that they look to trade down. Then we draft Derrick Williams.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right ... Sessions has a player option next summer ... and I'm not sure why Felton is unrestricted next summer, but is NOT 'restricted' this summer.
    Felton played out his qualifying offer from CHA and became an UFA last summer. He signed a 2 year $14.5M deal with NYK last summer. He will be an UFA again next summer.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Why do that when you can draft Brandon Knight who can shoot the 3 but is way superior defender?
    Fredette can't play defense. Knight can play PG. Either way, you're screwed.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

BC will pull some matrix sh*t off and get us a top player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Bargnani+5th pick and trade exception to Minnesota for their 2nd pick and Milicic. It appears that they look to trade down. Then we draft Derrick Williams.
    The TPE cannot be combined with a player in a trade out ... UNLESS they can split it into two trades and still have both pass the NBA tests , - before becoming official (that was for BC ...)
    Last edited by Boko; Wed May 18th, 2011 at 05:47 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Fredette can't play defense. Knight can play PG. Either way, you're screwed.
    i say we grab kemba and trade jose for -insert 3 pt shooter here- then bayless and kemba can split the minutes.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    What are Knights "red flags" exactly?
    He struggled early when asked to run Kentucky's offense, and only flourished when given the ball and simply asked to go out and do his thing. In other words, he couldn't run a structured offense.

He was at the bottom of the top 100 in assist to turnover ratio and pure point guard rating.

He's a PG who struggles with his decision making, probably the most important skill of a PG.

He's apparently very quiet and reserved and doesn't have the personality of a leader, again a trait you want from your PG.

If the Raptors were drafting in the late teens, then I'd say jump on him because he's probably got a good future as a third guard. For a 22 win team without a lot of talent, I say no way.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i say we grab kemba and trade jose for -insert 3 pt shooter here- then bayless and kemba can split the minutes.
    Don't you want one of your PGs to be able to, you know, pass the ball?
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

The best three players available that could be there are Jonas V., Brandon K. and Kemba W.(in that order) we should leave the draft with one of those three players
    @Chr1st1anL

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Don't you want one of your PGs to be able to, you know, pass the ball?
    there aren't any of those besides irving and the f*gs in cleveland are taking him. Take a look at Westbrook, he isn't no steve nash but he still dishes out assists. Do u know why? because he gets minutes. If we gave bayless 30+ minutes he would easily dish out 6+ assists a game no problem. At the end of the season he was doing well involving teammates. Just give him the time and he'll tear it up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    there aren't any of those besides irving and the f*gs in cleveland are taking him. Take a look at Westbrook, he isn't no steve nash but he still dishes out assists. Do u know why? because he gets minutes. If we gave bayless 30+ minutes he would easily dish out 6+ assists a game no problem. At the end of the season he was doing well involving teammates. Just give him the time and he'll tear it up
    I agree with that but If the best player available is a pg than we have to take em. If we do take Kemba or Brandon we have to trade Calderon!
    @Chr1st1anL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    The best three players available that could be there are Jonas V., Brandon K. and Kemba W.(in that order) we should leave the draft with one of those three players
    Kemba will probably NOT be there. He's going 4th, before our turn comes up. Jan Vesely is the other top 3 available. We (BC) can't wait on Jonas & Jan to develop. It's Brandon or bust, but I'd rather have Jimmer's O. In either case, Josť stays for another year ...

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If we take Kemba or Knight I think we have to trade Bayless. Jose is the veteran presence that we need influencing our young point guard of the future. The pass first, unselfish, and very fiery style that Jose approaches the game with is exactly what we want to instill in our future guy. If we end up with Bayless and Knight or Walker as our back court, we basically have two guys who have yet to show they can consistently run an offense and who have very similar skill sets. If you take Knight or Walker's speed and combine it with Jose's passing you have an elite player.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Page 103 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 ... LastLast

Thread Information