2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shantz wrote: View Post
    Interesting new wildcard entering into draft talk...Glen Taylor (T-Wolves owner) has said that they plan on keeping their #2 pick. This comes out after Kahn said that they would certainly look at trading it. Taylor still says that he will leave the final decision up to Kahn, but he makes it out that the organizational philosophy is to keep picks that are that high.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...Keep_No_2_Pick

Minnesota seems to be the real wildcard in the draft. No way they take a PG with Rubio coming over (according to reports, that is). Williams seems redundant since they already have Beasley, Randolph, and Love. Kanter/Valanciunas would be good, but they already have a lot of money tied up in those positions (not necessarily skill...but money). They have been rumored to have some interest in Biyomba, but he would be a huge reach.

Normally in these types of situations you go for best player available, as we have talked about extensively. But in a situation like this where the prospects are viewed to be fairly close in talent/ability, you start to look at the fit they bring to the team. So if Minnesota passes on Williams (most likely BPA after Irving) then who makes sense for them?

The ramifications of their choice will be fun to look at. If Minnesota passes on Williams, Utah would most certainly not. Meaning that the Raptors would have the option of Knight (since Cleveland would not be interested). Ideally the Raptors would have the choice between Knight and Kanter.

Based on what I have read from scouts, and the footage that I have seen, I would love to add Kanter. A big-man who loves to play physical, embraces rebounding, and has high basketball-IQ...perfect to pair with Davis for the long term.

And if the rumors that Cleveland prefers Valanciunas over Kanter are true...then it might be possible!

So many different possibilities with this draft. I'm loving the intrigue of it all!
    If it did come down to it the raptors would pick Brandon Knight over Enes Kanter. Raptors are higher on Jonas Valanciunas than Enes Kanter and are in love with Brandon Knight.

NBA execs seem to be leaning toward Brandon Knight over Kemba Walker when asked which point guard they prefer. I spoke to dozens of scouts and executives over the weekend and the majority of them had Knight ranked slightly higher because of his size, shooting ability and upside. Neither player worked out in the drills on Thursday or Friday. NBA teams liked Walker's personality in interviews. "He's charismatic," one GM said. "I think he could emerge as a leader in the locker room." Walker measured a little bigger than expected (6-1 in shoes) which should help his stock, too.

Teams said Knight was considerably more reserved than Walker, but they came away impressed with his maturity. The Jazz should be the first team on the board to give them a look. The Raptors, Kings and Bobcats are also in the mix. If the Jazz pick a point guard, I think Knight is slightly ahead on their board. Sources said if Knight slips to No. 5, the Raptors are likely to snag him there and there's no way he slides past the Kings at No. 7, I'm told. Walker's stock is still a bit more fluid. He'll get a look at Utah, Toronto and Sacramento, but I'm told none of those teams are all the way on board with him yet.
    Espn Insider Article
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Ugh Jonas over Kanter
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Brandon Knight please?

Comment

• Kanter
          Knight
          Jonas
          Burks
          Leonard

Is my draft board, assuming Irving and Williams are gone.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
            Kanter
            Knight
            Jonas
            Burks
            Leonard

Is my draft board, assuming Irving and Williams are gone.
            why burks, dont we have a shooting guard?, besides the 2012 class is loaded with star SFs and PGs, so id take knight or kanter if he falls to us, other than that i would choose the MOST talented player (Vasely, Motiejuntas)

Comment

• He's the best rated SG and this team needs depth at pretty much every position.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                He's the best rated SG and this team needs depth at pretty much every position.
                yes he's the best SHOOTING GUARD, but dont we have one of the most hyped players in 2009 in demar, besides i would only draft burks to maybe play PG and trade bayless for next year pick, if my preferred players were already taken(just my opinion)

Comment

• Plus I have designs on converting him to PG
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Speaking of trades, I heard via Twitter @draftxpress, that Cleveland offered their 4th pick to Memphis in exchange for Rudy Gay. Memphis declined.

I guess the real question is, if Cleveland thinks Gay is worth their 4th pick, then I wonder what they would think Bargnani is worth, surely they must have some kind of interest.
                    Last edited by Tank; Mon May 23, 2011, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• I think the idea of having a guy like Burks as our sixth man for the coming future would be fantastic. Plus if anything happened to DeMar he could start no problem.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Tank wrote: View Post
                        Speaking of trades, I heard via Twitter @draftxpress, that Cleveland offered their 4th pick to Memphis in exchange for Rudy Gay. Memphis declined.
                        dude use nbadraft.net!!!!, but im really high on knight, they compare him to jrue holiday/jason terry, but i still think he is a more athletic jrue holiday who can score and dish at the same time........like deron williams???????

Comment

• dont thihnk burks would be too happy as the 6th man

Comment

• er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                            dude use nbadraft.net!!!!, but im really high on knight, they compare him to jrue holiday/jason terry, but i still think he is a more athletic jrue holiday who can score and dish at the same time........like deron williams???????
                            I check both from time to time, but I cited Draft Express because they broke the news. Their twitter feed is quite informative.

Comment

• haha i was jk, i was just on nbadraft.net, but i like how they give their tangible charts and comparisons, but i like draftexpress because they list the wingspan and their measurements

Comment

• Kawhi Leonard could actually be a pretty good pick. His offence is still a work in progress, and improving. One part of his game I do like though, is his defense and rebounding. BC tends to like those long athletic players, Leonard should definitely be given strong consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X