2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimmer wants nothing to do with Bucks

Jimmer Fredette has an invitation to work out for the Bucks but it's "doubtful" he will accept
    Perhaps the presence of 21-year-old Brandon Jennings as the Bucks starting point guard has something to do with Fredette's decision.

Fredette recently told the Salt Lake Tribune, "It's all about longevity of the career. If you're in the wrong situation, even if you go high, your career can be cut really short and that's not what you want."
    Source: jsonline.com

They have no business drafting a PG in the top ten anyway.

Comment

• i wonder if jimmer really thinks hes going to start for anyone
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He must if he's telling the Bucks to stop bothering him.

Comment

• People keep talking about Kanter vs. Valanciunas at the U-18s...I can't find a video of it anywhere. Anyone know where to find it? If it's already been posted, could you repost it (120 pages is about 110 pages too many to sort through given i'd have no idea where to begin)?

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
            People keep talking about Kanter vs. Valanciunas at the U-18s...I can't find a video of it anywhere. Anyone know where to find it? If it's already been posted, could you repost it (120 pages is about 110 pages too many to sort through given i'd have no idea where to begin)?
            You're just lazy!

I don't think it's been posted here, because I have yet to see it myself. Apparently Jonathan Givony, at Draft Express, was able to get his hands on a copy of it, but I've yet to see even a highlight of that game, anywhere.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              You're just lazy!

I don't think it's been posted here, because I have yet to see it myself. Apparently Jonathan Givony, at Draft Express, was able to get his hands on a copy of it, but I've yet to see even a highlight of that game, anywhere.
              Doesn't Kanter kick his butt in that game? Can't remember.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                Doesn't Kanter kick his butt in that game? Can't remember.
                Apparently they've faced off a few times and apparently Kanter has gotten the better of him each time. This is what I've read numerous times, but have not seen it personally, unfortunately.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Couldn't find the video highlights, but found the box scores for two of their games:

Game One:
                  http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...7.teamID_.html

Kanter had a 22/12 while Jonas had a 20/5. But Jonas shot 7/8 from the field, and his team won.

Game Two:
                  http://www.fibaeurope.com/cid_KNce8j...7.teamID_.html

Kanter had a monster game with a 35/19, while Jonas had a measly 14/5. Turkey won big time in that one.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Apparently they've faced off a few times and apparently Kanter has gotten the better of him each time. This is what I've read numerous times, but have not seen it personally, unfortunately.
                    The only thing about that is that Kanter is a "man child". It should not be used to discredit his abilities but it also shouldn't be used to knock Val's long term potential. If either of these guys land in Toronto I'll be fine with provided there is no Vasquez/Rubio contract situation...

Comment

• Found highlights from the Euro U18 Bronze game (Lithuania vs Turkey). Highlights kind of suck, but here you go (cheerleaders are hot though ):

Comment

• The post game interview....awesome.

Thanks for posting the video and stats. The stats are interesting for sure. Anyone else thinking that the Republic isn't just one of the best Raptor sites, but one of the best NBA sites period? It may be Rap-centric, but the quality of discussion on all aspects of the league is strong all around.

For example, the thread started a while back that posted all the combine interviews. I can't think of anywhere else - not even the draft sites themselves - that had them all posted, and in such an organized and collected manner.

On a side note, I think I'm suffering from Draft Fatigue. At this point, given the minutiae that separate any of the picks the Raps seem likely to get, I'm just about ready to end all analysis and just wait to see what happens on draft day. Given Colangelo's excellent draft record, I'll likely be happy with whoever gets drafted (based purely on the fact that Colangelo will have liked him enough to draft him). Of course I still have my preferences, but we'll get who we get, and I'm sure it will be a good choice (from whatever options remain).

That is, unless Utah drafts Brandon Knight. If Utah drafts Knight, I will seriously question why BC wasn't able to convince them to trade down with them.

Comment

• Kanter @ #1 spot?

nbadraft.net seems to think so.

In their latest mock, they've got

1- Cleveland - Kanter
                          2 - Minnesota -DWilliams
                          3 - Utah - Irving
                          4 - Cleveland - BKnight
                          5 - Toronto - Vesely
                          6 - Washington - Thompson
                          7 - Sacramento - Walker

That seems like pretty smart thinking on Cleveland's part. They get arguably the best bigman prospect plus a PG. Had they taken Irving at 1, there's no guarantee that Kanter would have been around at 4.

Comment

• Yeah, I saw that. That would be an interesting move for sure, although it would be an extremely risky one.

It would certainly turn the draft on its head.

Comment

• Question is.. if Irving is still around at 3, does Colangelo make a play with the Jazz to use the TPE on a roster player and trade up to snag Irving?

Comment

• Utah has big interest in Knight (according to reports) due to a desire to strengthen their longterm lookout at PG. Knight is the second best PG prospect after Irving. They have not considered him due to the expectation that he would be gone by the time they pick. If Irving is still around,Utah would most likely take him unless another prospect wows them. I don't think it's possible for the Raptors to make a move with Utah if Irving available.
                                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Working...
                                X