No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it that they always forever have the raptors drafting a european guy that has nothing to do with the teams needs. Harrison
    Barnes on the other hand fills a need !!

Comment

• Kyrie Irving has made enough of an imprint to be a top pick come draft time. He's dumb if he doesn't go into the draft. Even the thought of getting a worse injury and destroying any hope of playing in the NBA would do it for him. That being said I hope he makes the right decision and is in Toronto one day.

Comment

• Honestly,
        ESPN's NBA draft page has been really weak this year. So has Draft Express. At least DE has a reason for putting so many mediocre Europeans in the first round (he scouts Europe for a few teams/leagues). Canter can't play this year because his Dad took money behind his back for him to play in some crap league... Barnes has been meh -- mainly because UNC has no PG and you need a decent one in NCAA. Kanter will probably end up a late 1st round pick, I would be surprised if Barnes enters the draft.

I've actually been pretty surprised how bad the experts have done this year.
        Maybe it will shake out, maybe it won't. As the Raptors record worsens my best guess for kids to watch in the NBA include the obvious guys like Perry Jones, etc., but also guys like Arizona's Derrick Williams whose game has gone to a new stratosphere this year. I'd also keep a close eye on schools like Kentucky, Kansas and even Texas that may have multiple players drafted. I usually try to watch some Euroleague but this season hasn't grabbed me. Probably because a lot of the better teams cut payroll. Honestly some games I've found streaming from Asia late night have seemed more captivating.

But that's just me.

Comment

• Big_T wrote: View Post
          Why is it that they always forever have the raptors drafting a european guy that has nothing to do with the teams needs. Harrison
          Barnes on the other hand fills a need !!
          You don't think the Raptors need a legit center who is big and strong and can score inside and out? Isn't that EXACTLY what they need?
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I will hope we get the third spot and pick up jones cause out of all those names he is the only one I really think is ready for the league.

Comment

• Timberwolves wont take another PG.

Comment

• I hope we get either perry jones, or terrence jones or irving. Perry jones is our ideal SF and looks to have a game similar to Kevin Durant.

Comment

• Where is Derrick Williams?

Comment

• Our current roster have so many holes that drafting anyone of those players would improve our team. NBA theory has it, to build a successful team, you start with a centre or pg, so that give us the choice of either kanter or Irving. Kanter has been a bit of a mystery man, different website list his height differently, I've seen it from 6'9 all the way to 6'11, either way he's big and strong (the kid wants to be wrestler one day and you can bet that he'll be the muscle that raps been craving for years.) and he's skilled.
                    Then. We have kyrie Irving, who's been compared to Chris Paul already, he is a natural pg, lighting quick, can score, decent size at 6'2. It all depends on how the ping pong ball falls.

if neither are available, then we can go after the glut of small forwards this draft possess, like Perry, Terrence, and barnes. All of them would be fine by me.

*special notice: bleacher report suggested that we should look into drafting the Canadian boys with a late first rounder, Tristan thompson and Cory joseph if he goes. Cause you know these boys won't "bosh" out on toronto. Should we look into drafting them b/c they are Canadian?

Comment

• bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
                      *special notice: bleacher report suggested that we should look into drafting the Canadian boys with a late first rounder, Tristan thompson and Cory joseph if he goes. Cause you know these boys won't "bosh" out on toronto. Should we look into drafting them b/c they are Canadian?
                      I think it would be nice to have a canadian player on our roster but at this point we draft best player available. For a late pick i was thinking a guy like Jimmer Fredette. Im thinking were gonna end up moving Miamis draft pick to get a higher one. its to far in the future to really think about the second 1st round pick IMO.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        I think it would be nice to have a canadian player on our roster but at this point we draft best player available. For a late pick i was thinking a guy like Jimmer Fredette. Im thinking were gonna end up moving Miamis draft pick to get a higher one. its to far in the future to really think about the second 1st round pick IMO.
                        I think Jimmer is a flat out baller, he gets the "not athletic enough" at th NBA level label, but watching him play you see much more. Looking at his body from this year to last year you see a difference, he has brought his body fat down and looks a little quicker. He can make shots from anywhere, he has the deep 3 spotting up or shooting off the dribble, is crafty in the lane, and has up and unders and flip shots as well. AS a late first round pick/early second you could be getting a very solid PG who will have a 10 + year career in the league. I see a better shooting version of Andre Miller.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• this one looks more realistic http://www.nbadraft.net/2011mock_draft

Comment

• draftedraptor wrote: View Post
                            Where is Derrick Williams?
                            Arizona

Comment

• One guy that is starting to intrigue me is Josh Selby. I have not watched a full game but I am wondering if he can be a Russell Westbrook type player. Westbrook was questioned about playing the 1 as he played with Darren Collison. Both played on very talented college teams. Westbrook 6'3"/187lbs, Selby 6'2"/183lbs. Westbrook actually only played 9 mins per game in his FR year. He left after 2 years at UCLA. Selby is a FR now putting up similar numbers to Westbrook in his second year - FG% worse but 3P% and FT% much better, STL about the same, AST a little lower (3 vs 4.3), TO a little higher.

Selby might be a consideration if they are drafting 6-10. It seems to me he could be a sleeper this year. Oh yeah, and he won the McDonald's All-American dunk contest last year. Check out his profile at Draft Express:

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Josh-Selby-5682/

He was also the number one recruit out of high school according to this ESPN story:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=5916409

Comment

• yeah big fan of selby. he's a tweener for sure but i think it could definitely work out. in fact, if we did end up with a top 3 or 4 draft pick id love to see them trade down with a team that has a couple mid range 1st rounders and grab selby and honeycutt. two needs taken care of.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X