2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTFP wrote: View Post
    Gee I wonder why they didn't pull the ping pong balls live and in front of the camera.

Gee I wonder how Cleveland got 1 and 4
    Lol, actually my friend was saying that if Dan Gilbert's son (who has neurofibromatosis) wasn't there, no way the Cavs land the 1st pick, said it was a sympathy thing. I personally trust the integrity of the draft process.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      I see Kanter as a top 3 pick and then a big drop off. If Kanter doesn't go 3rd, which I think he will, to Utah, then you might be right. I think there's definitely a chance the Raptors could end up with a good player at 5, but the chance is a lot worse.
      True, would love to see Kanter here. I actually see the Cavs as likely destination for Kanter with their 4th pick, but they might also take Valanciunas instead. Utah may already feel comfortable with Al Jefferson at the centre position, (flanked by Favors and Milsap) and they might be looking for someone at the PG spot in place of Devin Harris (possibly Knight?). With some dumb luck, Kanter may fall to 5th. It's far fetched, but not impossible.

Comment

• http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...ug=ycn-8493201

DraftExpress explains their picks.

5 Toronto Raptors

Brandon Knight PG

18 years old; 6'3"; 170 lbs

Kentucky, freshman

Jose Calderdon, Toronto's starting point guard, will be on the wrong side of 30 when the 2011-2012 season tips off, indicating that it's probably time to think about the future. Drafting a player like Knight is a good idea considering that he can play both on and off the ball, and has major upside to grow as the team's potential franchise player.
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed May 18, 2011, 02:56 AM.

Comment

• Tank wrote: View Post
          True, would love to see Kanter here. I actually see the Cavs as likely destination for Kanter with their 4th pick, but they might also take Valanciunas instead. Utah may already feel comfortable with Al Jefferson at the centre position, (flanked by Favors and Milsap) and they might be looking for someone at the PG spot in place of Devin Harris (possibly Knight?). With some dumb luck, Kanter may fall to 5th. It's far fetched, but not impossible.
          Right before last year's draft, I had a feeling that Ed Davis might fall and there was a chance the Raptors would have a shot at him. I thought it was a longshot, but that's exactly what happened.

I finally wrote another post where I talk about these possibilities...
          http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...lottery-blues/
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
            Brandon Knight as the team's potential franchise player? Things are worse than I thought.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Right before last year's draft, I had a feeling that Ed Davis might fall and there was a chance the Raptors would have a shot at him. I thought it was a longshot, but that's exactly what happened.

I finally wrote another post where I talk about these possibilities...
              http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...lottery-blues/

A good read, some solid points there.

Comment

Brandon Knight as the team's potential franchise player? Things are worse than I thought.
                Yes, he has size, he's clutch, he's athletic and he's only 19. He needs to improve his passing but I think with his clutch shooting and scoring ability he can turn into a franchise player.

Comment

• Brandon Knight is 18 years old doesn't turn 19 till December. His the youngest player in the draft.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I think the plan here has to be to draft the BPA with the 5th pick, regardless of how long they will need to make an impact on the team (Walker, Valanciunas, Biyumbo, Thompson). This is going to be a multi-year rebuild. The raps aren't going to be contenders overnight. I'd like to see them move anyone but Davis, DeRozen & Bayless for another lotto pick this year and/or a potential lotto pick next year. As we all know, next year's draft is going to be Stacked, and if the raps suck again, we'll have 2 high picks in a strong draft. I know I can live through another stinker of a season, can most fans?

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post

Comment

• Agree with you 100%. Full steam ahead with the rebuilding.

Comment

• unless we don't trade up for kanter, or he falls to us, i think i'd like to see them team take knight (assuming he falls too) or burks. knights upside is pretty tremendous. hes a high character guy who's only 18 and is probably the best defender and athlete at his position. at worst, i see a sixth man combo guard who can come off the bench blazing, think jamal crawford without being a headcase. this kid is a winner through and through.

burks is probably the most athletic wing in the draft and while everyone claims his shooting is an issue, isn't that what they said about MJ? or vince? a couple years work and he'll be draining 3's in no time. id like to see if they could mold him into a pg, the type that can get into the paint and create havoc, which he would certainly have no problem doing. again, another high character guy. and again, worst case scenario he ends up a terrific sixth man.

i think leonard is going to be a great player but id rather just wait till next draft and grab one of the many SF's. leonard wouldn't even be top 15 in next years class.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Ha...BC's apparently got some kind of crazy magnetic beam that shoots out of his forehead. As he speaks, everytime he looks at the short bald dude in the corner, the short bald dude begins nodding his head. When he looks away, the nodding stops. It's insane.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              I could see Flynn & #2 for Calderon & #5 potentially working for both teams.

Minnesota unloads Flynn's contract and picks up a veteran player who is also a great PG mentor (and fellow Spaniard) for Rubio, while still getting a top-5 draft pick. There's a decent chance that Minnesota could still get the player they like at #5, since they don't need a PF (Love, Randolph), PG (Rubio) or SF (Beasley, Johnson). One of Kanter/Valanciunas will likely be there at #5, as a young C for Minny.

Toronto unloads Calderon's contract, picks up another decent high-potential young PG to compete with Bayless and could snag Williams with the #2 pick.

I doubt this is the last rumor we'll here in the next month! lol
                              CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              According to ESPN twitter feeds (can't remember which guy), Minnesota has already stated that it is open to trading the #2 pick for veteran help...

I think Calderon & #5 pick for #2 pick would be a good trade that is fair for both teams. Toronto gets #2 overall pick and Minnesota gets a top-5 pick and a veteran PG to mentor Rubio
                              Minny wants to unload their pick because they do not want more young players (as they have stated repeatedly) having stockpiled young talent over the last few years, so they would not be looking for the #5 in return. They have also said they expect Rubio to come over for next season, potentially signing by the end of this month, and that they want a vet PG in return for their pick. This is not rumour, they said this directly.
                              As a rumour to follow that up, Calderon has been mentioned as a potential vet PG to mentor Rubio, speaks spanish, has connections to Minny management, and of course Rubio from the national team. He would help with the culture shock of coming to the US as well. The rumours are not so out to lunch as some would have you believe.

Comment

• Dare to dream, boys. Dare to dream.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X