Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks, Kings, Bobcats Make 3-Team Deal, SJackson going to Milwaukee

http://blog.rivalspot.com/2011/06/23...kee-make-deal/

Sounds like the impact might be Charlotte moving up to select Tristan Thompson, who Detroit really wants.

"It certainly make some sense for Sacramento to move back to No. 10, where they will probably still get one of the point guards they’re targeting, Kemba Walker or Jimmer Fredette."

Also, if the Spurs were still looking to deal into the No. 5 or No. 7, they will have to forget about the Kings.

Comment

• Sorry, I suppose this should have been in the more general NBA forum.

Comment

• Interesting trade.

Offtopic: Wrong section

Comment

• Wait, so the Bucks are going to be starting S.Jax AND Gooden next season? Lul.

Comment

• Yeah, my bad. Can it be switched over? I realized after posting.

Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
              I don't think the Raps suck that much as the American experts say but playoffs is a hard goal to achieve. So having the 9th or 10th pick sound right to me. And this kid is special

This happen just a week ago in the Euroleague. I mean, not the D-League or NCAA, the Euroleague, with just 18 years old:

This is his DraftExpress profile: http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/...anciunas-5622/ --> They have him as a 5th pick

Two very important things in the report is that

As you know, a lot of experts drew comparitions between Motiejunas and Bargs, so Jonas could be an excelent piece around Bargniani.

The other thing:
              That's the best news this Raptors could have.

This is NBADraft.net scouting report: http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jonas-valanciunas
              They have him in the 16th pick but comparing him to Primoz Brezec. Judging by what I saw of him lately. He's already better than Brezec, with 18 years old.

Maybe if the Heat continues strugling we could have him with his pick, at the 20-25th range but it's likely that he'll be gone by then.
              You have to give me credit. I predict it in November.

Comment

• Anyone else shocked at how far Shelby fell? I think him and DeAndre Liggins are going to be the steal of this draft.

Comment

• Comment

• Raúl wrote: View Post
                    You have to give me credit. I predict it in November.
                    I'll give you credit. The first time I heard Jonas' name was when you posted about him back in November. Very nice scouting Raul!
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      Anyone else shocked at how far Shelby fell? I think him and DeAndre Liggins are going to be the steal of this draft.
                      Yes, very shocked. I was also shocked that Markieff got drafted before Marcus, that Kawhi, Knight and Kemba fell as far they did, and that Jeremy Tyler fell to 39.

Conversely I was pleasantly surprised by how high Tristan got drafted.
                      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Which team had the best 2011 NBA Draft?

Cavaliers
                        21.2%

Bobcats
                        11.5%

Timberwolves
                        8.6%

Wizards
                        7.8%

Jazz
                        11.3%

Knicks
                        6.4%

Kings
                        5.3%

Spurs
                        3.4%

Raptors
                        13.5%

Warriors
                        5.6%

Pistons
                        5.3%

Total votes: 6132
                        (I voted Bobcats)

http://basketball.realgm.com/poll/214342

Comment

• Well, back in November I mention Valanciunas as a intriguing prospect. Now I'm taking a huge risk with two very young and permietral players. It's easy to scout a 7 footer because if he does not develope, he still is 7 foot tall. but with Wings and Point Guards it's way more difficult. You already know that I'm not the biggest follower of the NCAA tournaments so:

First: Dario Saric Born in 1994, two years away from being drafted. His profile ---> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dario-Saric-5706/
                          He's a point foward with unreal high basketball IQ for his age. Played for the Croatian U19 team even with 16 years old. Put his 35 points, 11 assists, and 11 rebounds in the 2010 U16 Eureopean final. By the way Rubio put 51 point, 24 rebound, 11 assists in the 2006.

Second: Mario Hezonja: 6'6'' 200 lbs SG or SF out of Croatia. this is his profile ---> http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Mario-Hezonja-6392/

He's not a basketball phenom or a special player like Saric in terms of basketball IQ but he was in this year Eurocamp and by some scouts, was the second best player on the floor with a great feel for the game, great atheticism and a very nice touch from outside. He's team is a Junior Euroleague Final Four and he was in the Jordan Brand Classic with a very strong performance. One of the best prospects out of Europe in a while.

Oh, by the way, he's from 1995, three years away from being drafted

Comment

• 1 1 Kyrie Irving PG Cleveland Cavaliers (from L.A. Clippers)
                            1 2 Derrick Williams SF/PFMinnesota Timberwolves
                            1 3 Enes Kanter C/PF Utah Jazz (from New Jersey)
                            1 4 Tristan Thompson PF/SF Cleveland Cavaliers
                            1 5 Jonas Valančiūnas C Toronto Raptors
                            1 6 Jan Veselý SF/PF Washington Wizards
                            1 7 Bismack Biyombo PF Sacramento Kings (traded to Charlotte)
                            1 8 Brandon Knight PG Detroit Pistons
                            1 9 Kemba Walker PG Charlotte Bobcats
                            1 10 Jimmer Fredette PG/SG United States Milwaukee Bucks (traded to Sacramento)
                            1 11 Klay Thompson SG Golden State Warriors
                            1 12 Alec Burks SG Utah Jazz
                            1 13 Markieff Morris PF Phoenix Suns
                            1 14 Marcus Morris PF Houston Rockets
                            1 15 Kawhi Leonard Indiana Pacers (traded to San Antonio)[B]
                            1 16 Nikola Vučević C/PF Philadelphia 76ers
                            1 17 Iman Shumpert PG New York Knicks
                            1 18 Chris Singleton SF Washington Wizards (from Atlanta)
                            1 19 Tobias Harris SF/PF Charlotte Bobcats (from New Orleans via Portland,[e] traded to Milwaukee)
                            1 20 Donatas Motiejūnas PF/C Minnesota Timberwolves (from Memphis via Utah,[f] traded to Houston) Benetton
                            1 21 Nolan Smith PG/SG Portland Trail Blazers
                            1 22 Kenneth Faried PF Denver Nuggets
                            1 23 Nikola Mirotić# SF/PF Houston Rockets (from Orlando via Phoenix,[g] traded to Chicago via Minnesota)
                            1 24 Reggie Jackson PG Oklahoma City Thunder
                            1 25 MarShon Brooks SG Boston Celtics (traded to New Jersey)[E]
                            1 26 Jordan Hamilton SF Dallas Mavericks (traded to Denver)[F]
                            1 27 JaJuan Johnson PF New Jersey Nets (from L.A. Lakers,[h] traded to Boston)[E]
                            1 28 Norris Cole PG Chicago Bulls (from Miami via Toronto,[c] traded to Miami via Minnesota)
                            1 29 Cory Joseph PG San Antonio Spurs
                            1 30 Jimmy Butler SF Chicago Bulls

An idea popped in to my head about how the 2011 draft was weak and 2012 was strong. Just looking through 2011 draft, I am not sure anyone can say it was a weak draft. There are a number of players in this draft I would be very excited to have including Hamilton, Faried, Mirotic, Motiejunas, Shumpert, Vucevic, Leonard, Thompson, Walker, Knight, Kanter, Williams, and Irving. If Raps were to have a 2nd pick in that draft, I think Leonard would be my most desired of 2011 based on the drafting of JV and current need.

Anyways, my idle thought of the day is done. Take all the weak 2013 draft stuff with a grain of salt, I guess.
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Tue Jan 1, 2013, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              An idea popped in to my head about how the 2011 draft was weak and 2012 was strong. Just looking through 2011 draft, I am not sure anyone can say it was a weak draft. There are a number of players in this draft I would be very excited to have including Hamilton, Faried, Mirotic, Motiejunas, Shumpert, Vucevic, Leonard, Thompson, Walker, Knight, Kanter, Williams, and Irving. If Raps were to have a 2nd pick in that draft, I think Leonard would be my most desired of 2011 based on the drafting of JV and current need.

Anyways, my idle thought of the day is done. Take all the weak 2013 draft stuff with a grain of salt, I guess.
                              It really doesn't matter what the draft is, there are always at the very least quality players that come out of it.

If we look back to our own infamous 2006 draft, which was also weak, out of it still came: Aldridge, Rondo, Milsap, Gay, Lowry, and ofcourse Roy. Plus some very useful role players in Reddick and Sefolosha

The 2000 draft, which could easily be the worst I can think of, offered: Kenyon Martin, Mike Miller, Jamal Crawford, Hedo, Magloire, Mo Pete, and Michael Redd. Definetely lacking star power, but still some worthwhile players in their prime.

Comment

• the knock against the upcoming draft isn't that there wont be any good players to come out of it (2000) just that there won't be many all stars, if at all (2006). a couple analysts have said there will actually be a ton of great players to come out of it.

anyways, if there's a draft to lose the pick on its definitely this one, but at the same time dealing players for picks even in this draft wouldn't be a bad idea.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X