No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBATV paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaales in comparison to The NFLNetwork. It sucks because I love the two sports pretty much equally, but NFL coverage is much better. It's pretty surprising the NBA doesn't seem to want to put extra coverage on. All these replay games all year round that never get watched... ugh. I'd like to see a lot more stories on teams, players, coaches, fans etc.

*Sidenote* The SEagles are going down this season!! (Had to...)

Comment

• i think a big reason for all the coverage for the NFL is cause teams have 7 picks to make whereas in the NBA you only have 2 rounds. Also, the american channels would just bs the Raptor segment of the show

Comment

• Toronto has narrowed its choices to four -- Knight, Jonas Valanciunas, Bismack Biyombo and Kawhi Leonard.
        - Andy Katz, Espn

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/cat.../draft-reports

Comment

• all good options
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Comment

• Where is kemba?

Comment

• zulfi wrote: View Post
                i think a big reason for all the coverage for the NFL is cause teams have 7 picks to make whereas in the NBA you only have 2 rounds. Also, the american channels would just bs the Raptor segment of the show
                I wasn't only talking about draft time, I'm talking about having shows all year round. Total Access goes everyday, rain or shine! I just think in this day and age, and given all the new social media coverage, they could give us a few more in depth shows on the NBA.

Comment

• If Kanter goes 3 to Utah and they somehow pick up the Jimmer at 12, watch out! I think Jimmer could shine out in Utah moreso than anywhere else. Those Mormans love the Jimmer and would be ecstatic!

Comment

• DraftExpress: It's not happening. He's not on the board there. RT @ryhar46: What happened to the Raptors possibly targeting Kemba? http://bit.ly/lbZ5iD

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Bargnani needs to be paired with a talented center.
                      At least that's the line that everyone seems to be toeing. Really, who the hell KNOWS what he needs to be effective. Personally, I don't know whether a talented center will make a lick of difference.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I have my PVR set up to record. I won't get home until a half hour in so I'm not taking any chances on missing #5...

Comment

• The only positive I can think of if we end up with Leonard is that it leaves a roster spot open for Austin Rivers next year.With a couple defensive players that don't need a lot of shots that will give Docs kid and Bargs a lot of chances to get a lot of points.

Comment

• Talk of Kemba sliding all the way out of the lottery. On my phone so can't link right now.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              Is there a draft tommorrow? because it sure doesn't feel like it. I get home and turn to NBA tv and expect to see pre-draft talk of all the nba teams and needs for each team plus in-depth breakdowns of every player expecting to be drafted in the first round. I mean the NFL does it for like a month straight with each team given its own day to be broken down, so you would think the nba would do it for at least 1 day before draft day.
                              I don't watch NBA tv when the season isn't on for the most part... I can only handle the same few guys talking about the same few players time and time again.

But I find it funny listening to the Radio where the Canadian stations talk about the draft every now and again, and the American stations where it is talked about CONSTANTLY. Sure they talk some baseball, a little football (obviously that changes as we get closer to preseason, if there is one ofcourse), and literally no hockey (except after the Vacouver riots). But the NBA draft talk is obscene. Every trade scenario, every lottery player and every debate between said players has been discussed, dissected and analyzed to the degree that its sickening.

Then I watched about 20 minutes of hockey draft discussion this morning on TV (seriously following these guys at a theme park?) and realized they have yet to even mention there is the NBA draft.

I can probably break down the NHL draft aswell as I can the NBA draft and I don't follow hockey (ok well that may be a bit of a stretch). But I guess thats par for the course.... yet we think American players (or basketball players in general) will get the attention they deserve/crave up here?

Comment

• That would be excellent if the Raptors could go fetch another pick. Sounds like Jameer Nelson all over again. None of this will matter to Kemba in five years when he's proven the critics wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X