Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank god you don't run the raptors

Edit: raptorss, not ruuuuuuuu
    Last edited by ceez; Fri Mar 25, 2011, 03:45 PM.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• The feeling Im starting to get......I'd be happy if the Raps came away with Valanciunas.

If you guys hear Givony from DX talk about him a bit, I think you'd be sold too.

He's long (rumors 7-5ish wingspan, which is like McGee territory). Rebounds and blocks shots like a true centre. Hits free throws at 90%, which also means he has good potential to knock down open midrange J's. And he's only 18.

I dont think Bargs is ever going to learn how to be a true centre in the NBA. The goal with him was always that he would do the things that Bogut/Noah/etc do, but also have the outside skills that would make him a crazy matchup. That never worked out, he only has the outside skills which is not worth it if your team has no defense around the rim.

It would take Valanciunas a few years to fill out, mature, and hit his ceiling anyway. Eventually you could trade Bargs or just not resign him.

A front court tandem of Valanciunas and Davis for the next 10 years could be pretty good.....long, athletic, solid defensively, can hit open midrange shots, plus lots of room to grow and fill out.

Comment

• For a draft class that is being insulted quite a bit this year through the general media, it does have a good group of players near the top (depending on who declares). And with the teams that are picking, it is a complete wildcard as to who will be picked where.

Most experts are saying that the Cavs would really want Kyrie, but is it possible that they take Williams/Barnes/Jones with their pick and then attempt to get Brandon Knight with the Clippers pick?

Minnesota could be looking at any player...Sacramento has a number of holes in their team and have recently talked about trading their pick this year...Washington would only exclude PGs from their board...etc.

Once again, depending on who declares for the draft, there are many players who would fit in well with the Raptors and fill an automatic need.

Kyrie Irving
        Harrison Barnes
        Enes Kanter
        Brandon Knight
        Derrick Williams
        Jared Sullinger
        Jan Vesely

There might not be any star playesr like Durant (but guys can surprise), but there is enough talent to find some strong pieces.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• From what I've heard he does sound like a decent player, I can just think of about 15 players I'd rather take.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I know eventually I'll talk myself into whoever we take, but I also know if we take a PF I'll throw one of my steel toe'd boots at the tv.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Deadallus wrote: View Post
              Easy on the Fredette pick. He is the next Adam Morrison. Great college player. Invisible in the NBA.
              No he's not. Just stop comparing a PG with the ball in his hands that gets double/triple teamed to a guy who mainly came off screens and scored. They are 2 different players. Just because you score a lot of point in college doesn't automatically make you "the next Adam Morrison".

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                For a draft class that is being insulted quite a bit this year through the general media, it does have a good group of players near the top (depending on who declares). And with the teams that are picking, it is a complete wildcard as to who will be picked where.

Most experts are saying that the Cavs would really want Kyrie, but is it possible that they take Williams/Barnes/Jones with their pick and then attempt to get Brandon Knight with the Clippers pick?

Minnesota could be looking at any player...Sacramento has a number of holes in their team and have recently talked about trading their pick this year...Washington would only exclude PGs from their board...etc.

Once again, depending on who declares for the draft, there are many players who would fit in well with the Raptors and fill an automatic need.

Kyrie Irving
                Harrison Barnes
                Enes Kanter
                Brandon Knight
                Derrick Williams
                Jared Sullinger
                Jan Vesely

There might not be any star playesr like Durant (but guys can surprise), but there is enough talent to find some strong pieces.
                Honestly the only problem is that there isn't that one cant-miss franchise player that there is in many drafts (that you take regardless of who you are or who you have). Eg. Rose, Griffen, Wall in the most recent drafts.

Chances are that somone will still emerge to be an all-star, maybe perennial all-star. Because even in the 2006 draft, Rondo and B-Roy emerged.

But there isnt that one guaranteed guy at the top.

After that, however, the top 10 looks as solid as any recent draft.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                  Honestly the only problem is that there isn't that one cant-miss franchise player that there is in many drafts (that you take regardless of who you are or who you have). Eg. Rose, Griffen, Wall in the most recent drafts.

Chances are that somone will still emerge to be an all-star, maybe perennial all-star. Because even in the 2006 draft, Rondo and B-Roy emerged.

But there isnt that one guaranteed guy at the top.

After that, however, the top 10 looks as solid as any recent draft.
                  I think it is possible that the 'missing' franchise player in this draft might be a good thing for the Raptors. Having that one can't miss star/franchise player it really comes down to how the lottery balls fall. That is still somewhat the case in this draft, but with 8 talents that are all looking strong the luck element is limited. Rather then missing out on a Rose/Griffen/Wall, the Raptors will get an opportunity to pick between a number of players and base it off of a good fit.

That said, I would much rather be able to draft a legitimate franchise player, but if that is lacking at least there are some strong players who will be very good starters in the league.

Once again though...it all comes down to who declares and who does not.
                  http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I said it before and I'll say it again. I'm really impressed with Liggins on Kentucky. I hope we can get him whenever he declairs, he's a great defender and a pretty good offensively. He's always coming off the bench and giving what kentucky needs (offense, defense, assisting, rebounding). He's like the perfect backup PG, I hope they give him time next season.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      No he's not. Just stop comparing a PG with the ball in his hands that gets double/triple teamed to a guy who mainly came off screens and scored. They are 2 different players. Just because you score a lot of point in college doesn't automatically make you "the next Adam Morrison".
                      We don't want another JJ Redick either.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
                        We don't want another JJ Redick either.
                        He's not a JJ Redick either, he's more like Curry then anything with longer range.

Comment

• Brandon. Knight.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I hope we get Knight! He is everything we need at PG; speed, size, clutch and athletic.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              I hope we get Knight! He is everything we need at PG; speed, size, clutch and athletic.
                              great game!!

Comment

• I really hope we trade down and pick up another pick somehow. The value at the top of the draft is weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X