No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm pretty high on Burks as well. He's definitely flying 'under the radar' for alot of people, but that guy has some serious game. I'm intrigued at the fact that he is legit 6'6" but could easily play the Point in the NBA as well as a solid 2 Guard. Wouldn't be a bad pick up, but I figure there will be something better on the board for us.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      snip
      Source? Who said Derrick Williams is not declaring?

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I posted it in here. Look back or you can try Google.

Comment

• I will be incredibly annoyed if we end up with a top 3 pick and a guy like Barnes doesn't declare.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Cavs picked up the Clippers' 1st round pick (currently 8th) for taking Baron Davis contract. They might be able to get Kemba at that pick. If the lottery goes really well for them they might even draft like 1st and 5th. Even if they draft something like 2nd and 7th, they could end up with:

Irving/Kanter
            Irving/Sullinger
            Barnes/Walker
            Barnes/Kanter

Lots of good possibilities. I made a thread about this before, this trade kind of got lost in the shuffle because of all the big names that got moved at the deadline, but the Cavs vastly accelerated their rebuilding...for the exchange of having less capspace for the next two years (but theres no one useful for them to sign anyway).

It would be great if BC worked some magic to pick up a mid 1st round pick. Its very possible one of Walker/Fredette/Knight would fall even to 15. Or if all of them go early, that means someone else is dropping...Kanter because of knee reports? Valanciunas?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
              I will be incredibly annoyed if we end up with a top 3 pick and a guy like Barnes doesn't declare.
              Yeah man that would seriously suck.

Good news is that I dont think everyone is going to pull out, because as each top pick pulls out it makes the remaining guys even more guaranteed a high draft position.

So I dont think DWilliams+Sullinger+Barnes are ALL going to pull out, because there is no way they're all going to be top 5 picks next year.

But the one guy out of all of them that the Raps need to stay in is Barnes, because he fits in pretty nicely with their other pieces

Comment

• Also, if you guys are talking about PG size, you really have to be more concerned with WINGSPAN/STANDING REACH than just height (6'0, 6'1, 6'2).

DRose and Westbrook are crazy fast but also have huge wingspans.

Guys like TJ Ford and Jerryd Bayless have trouble in the NBA because of their short wingspans.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I posted it in here. Look back or you can try Google.
                  I tried google but couldn't find anything. :|

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                    Also, if you guys are talking about PG size, you really have to be more concerned with WINGSPAN/STANDING REACH than just height (6'0, 6'1, 6'2).

DRose and Westbrook are crazy fast but also have huge wingspans.

Guys like TJ Ford and Jerryd Bayless have trouble in the NBA because of their short wingspans.
                    Completely agree one of the reasons I like Taylor. If you have good foot speed and a long reach there are lots of tricks you can use with your hands to keep guys in front of you. Rondo is very good at it.

Comment

• Kyrie Irving
                      • Jonas Valanciunas
                      • Perry Jones
                      • Kemba Walker
                      • Brandon Knight
                      • Enes Kanter
                      • Jan Vesely

Along with three of the following four:
                      • Terrence Jones
                      • Donatas Motiejunas
                      • Jimmer Fredette
                      • Alec Burks
                      cross alec burks, donatas motiejunas, Jan Vesely, Jonas Valanciunas off that list because lets be real here who are they guarding in the NBA. Also look at the weaknesses in some of their scouting reports from draftnet its dishearting to read.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        I tried google but couldn't find anything. :|
                        Come on man, it's in this thread. #778. That was not difficult to find. I did a quick search and found it in like two minutes.

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                        cross alec burks, donatas motiejunas, Jan Vesely, Jonas Valanciunas off that list because lets be real here who are they guarding in the NBA. Also look at the weaknesses in some of their scouting reports from draftnet its dishearting to read.
                        If you're crossing those guys out then who fills their places in the top ten? Even less talented players? It seems like more and more guys entering the league are not good on defense.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                          It is the rare young player that comes into the league and is ready to defend. 20 year old guys are just not as physically developed and strong enough for the NBA game from day one. Sure there are exceptions, but few.
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• NBA Hang Time yesterday had a discussion around Fredette for a bit and read a quote about his defense, or lack thereof, saying he is invisible on defense, he has not ever seen him bend his knees on D, does not try and is a liability at that end of the floor. He has to go into the right system, and we are not it.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              To be very fair however, draftexpress and ESPN's rankings are similar. Nbadraft.net's is far, far off of that.

Burks is one of those interesting characters. He can play the 1 or 2, he can score, he can handle the rock and distribute. Motiejunas just reminds me of Bargnani. Vesely reminds me of Jonas Jerebko. In short, you're gonna find dudes who are good role players, maybe solid starters, but no all-stars.

Should it be a very weak crop, and the Raptors get the 6th pick or lower, I wouldn't be surprised to see Colangelo package the pick, the TPE and maybe a contract for something.

Comment

• I'm on the other side of the fence. It's a weak draft, teams won't be offering much because of that and so the Raptors will keep the pick. Colangelo's track record when using picks is a million times better than his track record when dealing picks. We should hope and pray he keeps the pick.

I think there will be good players to be had but there are going to be a lot more projects than usual. Burks seems like one of the more NBA ready players. He has many traits similar to that of a Brandon Roy.

“I thought Alec Burks was a (NBA) lottery pick before today,” Hoiberg said.

Hoiberg’s assessment of a player’s pro potential carries some weight. After starring for ISU, Hoiberg played in the NBA and then was a longtime executive in the league.

(Burks is) a big-time player,” Hoiberg said, “a prototypical wing inthe NBA, just the way he plays. (He) does such a good job of drawing fouls and drawing contact. He handles the ball extremely well, and he’s great in transition. And he shoots the ball.”

Burks has said that he will wait until after the season to decide whether or not to make himself available for the 2011 NBA draft.
                                Source: Denver Post

The Colorado Buffaloes are going to Madison Square Garden and the NIT semifinals for the first time since 1991 following their 81-74 victory over the Kent St. Golden Flashes on Tuesday night. It was a much tougher second half as the Buffs were losing as late as five minutes left in the game. However, the Buffs went on a 15-7 run to end the game and pick up the victory.

Alec Burks finished with another 25-point game for the Buffs, as well as 10 rebounds, four assists and four steals.
                                Source: sbnation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X