Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Yeah too bad they got Rose
    Lol. Yah, sucks for them. Maybe we should take him off their hands eh?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Yeah too bad they got Rose
      LOL I just realized how that sounded. I mean too bad for Hinrich the Bulls got Rose.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
        LOL I just realized how that sounded. I mean too bad for Hinrich the Bulls got Rose.
        I actually thought you werre being sarcastic and was jumping on board. Ha!

Back to the draft, I have seen some of Kemba's play, and I wouldn't cry if we got him, but I have seen a lot of the bad Jerryd B in him and it worries me a little. Plus he is...well, little. That said he would be an improvement in my opinion; however would prefer to see someone like Kabonga next year (is he expected to come out next year?). I remember reading (a few months ago so who the hell knows if I was dreaming it or if it still holds true) that next year is expected to be a strong PG draft. I say get our SF now, and the PG next year if we only get one pick this year when all is said and done. It leaves one year only (at that time) on Jose's contract for the new guy to get some exposure to his tutelage, and then Bango (or Kabonga so to speak).

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
          I actually thought you werre being sarcastic and was jumping on board. Ha!

Back to the draft, I have seen some of Kemba's play, and I wouldn't cry if we got him, but I have seen a lot of the bad Jerryd B in him and it worries me a little. Plus he is...well, little. That said he would be an improvement in my opinion; however would prefer to see someone like Kabonga next year (is he expected to come out next year?). I remember reading (a few months ago so who the hell knows if I was dreaming it or if it still holds true) that next year is expected to be a strong PG draft. I say get our SF now, and the PG next year if we only get one pick this year when all is said and done. It leaves one year only (at that time) on Jose's contract for the new guy to get some exposure to his tutelage, and then Bango (or Kabonga so to speak).
          Another year like this to grab another high draft pick and one third of the posters will have committed suicide, another third will be in jail for attempting to kill BC, and the last third will be the forever-optimists dreaming of better days no matter what the roster looks like or how players develop.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Another year like this to grab another high draft pick and one third of the posters will have committed suicide, another third will be in jail for attempting to kill BC, and the last third will be the forever-optimists dreaming of better days no matter what the roster looks like or how players develop.
            No kidding.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              That said, assuming we cannot get another PG this year via another pick in the 1st round or trade, I would be ecstatic with a lineup of:
              PG: Kabongo/soon to be cheap(er) re-sign Calderon
              SG: DD/free agent and/or Weems if he calms down - apparently quite upset right now.
              SF: Barnes or D Williams/James Johnson/Kleiza
              PF: Ed Davis/Amir Johnson
              C: Bargnani/a C who plays defense.
              Bench Filler: Dorsey/Ajinca/fodder.
              Earlier liked the potential lineup of Walker (even with nervousness about his game) and Barnes in the mix, but truly would be surprised we can get a high enough draft pick to get him without trading Bargnani, although BC has pulled off stranger things with actual bodies so never know with picks.

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
                That said, assuming we cannot get another PG this year via another pick in the 1st round or trade, I would be ecstatic with a lineup of:
                PG: Kabongo/soon to be cheap(er) re-sign Calderon
                SG: DD/free agent and/or Weems if he calms down - apparently quite upset right now.
                C: Bargnani/a C who plays defense.
                Earlier liked the potential lineup of Walker (even with nervousness about his game) and Barnes in the mix, but truly would be surprised we can get a high enough draft pick to get him without trading Bargnani, although BC has pulled off stranger things with actual bodies so never know with picks.
                Or talked about elsewhere: trade Bargnani for Golden State 1st rounder and Biedrins.
                PG: Kemba Walker/Calderon/Bayless (unless GS wants him which I doubt)
                C: Biedrins/FA.

Comment

• This kid is a beast

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...-buckeyes-lose

Sullinger would be a great addition to the team. Read the last line, I think that's an attitude this team should incorporate.

Comment

• http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...e-Raptors-take

I'm personally going to wait till march madness to make opinion.

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6207669

Irving doing on court basketball 'stuff'.

Comment

• Walker had a good game: 33pts on 9-18 shooting, 13/14FT, 12 rebs, 5 asts, 6 stl.

Jimmer has 37 with 11 minutes to play.

Comment

• 47 now. I'm telling you all this guy has "it", he's has the most star power in this draft. His scoring ability isn't common. We really need someone who can carry the team late in games and he'd be perfect for that.

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                            you've spouted garbage like this about a dozen times in this thread and it makes me wonder if you've ever heard of BYU before you took a shining to jimmer. they are a perennial mid-major powerhouse and have been since the days of danny ainge.

the whole team can shoot lights out and they run like crazy. there's a lot more to that team than jimmer (though he's obviously their best player and one of the best in all of college). any team that can make it to third (out of 345 teams) is doing it with more than one player, i don't care if he's michael jordan.

also for those shitting on that conference the mountain west is an awesome league and not at all weak. this year they are better than the PAC 10, SEC, A-10, and conference usa for example.
                            Have you been watching/looking into BYU? If the team didn't have Jimmer I don't see how they'd even be in the top 30. The rest of the teams is trash, just go look at the box scores for most of the games.
                            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Mar 12, 2011, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• Shades of Adam Morrison
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Just read on espn draft comments on Dwilliams that he is gonna go back another year cause Mommy said so. Dunno if there is truth to it but i tihnk he would be foolish to go back if he is gonna go top 5. if D will and sullinger decide to stay in college this draft just got really weak.

Comment

Working...
                                X