2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ceez wrote: View Post
    Kemba and Knight play each other in the next round, can't wait for it. I'm on team Knight too, don't see how his draft stock gets hurt unless he really shits the bed in the tourney and/or has awful workouts.
    Kemba is going to run wild all over him. Book it.

Knight is more of a combo guard. People need to recognize that come draft night. Walker has better tools to one day be a top notch PG. He shoots a lot now because his team doesn't have depth. He gets a lot of dimes still.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Except Knight averaged Less Assists, Less Rebounds, Less Points and Less Steals while putting up more 3 Pointers than Kemba has ever put up in his whole career. Though his numbers are impressive for a freshman, the fact that he's put up 220 3 pointers as a freshman doesn't lead you to believe he's 'shoot first' as you were saying was the problem with Kemba? Not sure I understand that.
      Did you also read the part where I said "looks like he could handle the 1 spot if needed.". By if needed, it means by spot minutes here and there. Kemba's been playing college ball for 3 years bro, and his assist totals were never really solid. If we're gonna go with an undersized 2, I'd rather take the guy who can probably run the point better. Is that a bit more clear?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

Knight is more of a combo guard. People need to recognize that come draft night. Walker has better tools to one day be a top notch PG. He shoots a lot now because his team doesn't have depth. He gets a lot of dimes still.
        I don't know about that. Knight's really fast too. I think he can keep up. Avatar bet?

Comment

• When I look at Knight I see a Jason Terry/Antoinio Daniels hybrid type player.
          When I look at Walker I see a kid with Stephon Marbury type of skill set.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
          I don't know about that. Knight's really fast too. I think he can keep up. Avatar bet?
          What do you have in mind?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            Aren't they playing each other in the semi-final? I think they are.
            My mistake

Comment

When I look at Knight I see a Jason Terry/Antoinio Daniels hybrid type player.
              When I look at Walker I see a kid with Stephon Marbury type of skill set.
              When I see Knight, I see a hyrbid of Jason Terry.. hopefully he becomes more like Jrue Holliday.
              When I see Walker, I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of is Ben Gordon..maybe..MAYBE there's an outside chance he becomes Damon Stoudamire.

Apollo wrote: View Post
              What do you have in mind?
              If Walker destroys Knight, I'll change my avatar to Walker for a week. If Knight gets the best of him, then you gotta rock a Knight avatar for a week.

Comment

Agreed. 100%.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                When I see Walker, I'm sorry, the only thing I can think of is Ben Gordon.
                Again, I just don't agree with this comparison at all. But thats what forums are for.
                Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 29, 2011, 10:41 AM.

Comment

• Kemba Walker = Damon Stoudamire/Speedy Claxton
                  Brandon Knight = Mark Jackson/Kenny Smith

Who do you want?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    Again, I just don't agree with this comparison at all. But thats what forums are for.
                    I'm not the only one out there with that comparison. I think there was a video put out by ESPN by where Chris Broussard alluded to the Walker-Gordon comparison as well (apparently, a lot of scouts have been whispering the same thing). I'm not saying that i'm right and you're wrong because Walker could very well blow up to be like Rondo-Rose-Westbrook. I just go by what I see and my gut instinct.

Comment

• Apollos gonna be rocking a knight avatar in no time
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kemba will win, when I watched there game before knight couldn't come close to stoping him. Kentucky Is playing better team defense now so I am watching to see how knight plays team defense because he will not stop him alone.
                        Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          If Walker destroys Knight, I'll change my avatar to Walker for a week. If Knight gets the best of him, then you gotta rock a Knight avatar for a week.
                          It's on. Alert the media.

I'm going to create a thread for this on the NBA. Check back in a second...

Comment

• PG showdown

Walker Vs. Knight: The Apollo/Mango Bet Thread

Comment

• CLEVELAND IS BEATING MIAMI JEZUS!!!!!!!! there on a 14 - 0 run damn!

Comment

• In the 2011 NBA Draft, many players from non-power conference schools will make people wonder who they are when their name is called on draft night. But if you watched any college basketball over the last two years, you should already be familiar with the name of Kenneth Faried of Morehead State.

The Chicago Bulls should certainly learn his name, as he could be just what the team needs as it moves ahead in hopes of returning to the NBA Finals.

Chad Ford of ESPN says that " For the past two years, we've listed Faried in the "sleeper" category. No more. NBA scouts know him well, and many believe he'll be a lottery pick on draft night. His energy and knack for grabbing rebounds is elite -- some go so far to say Dennis Rodman-esque. A big game or two for Morehead State should be the icing on a terrific career."

Faried averaged a double-double over his final three seasons at Morehead State, shot very well from the field while picking up a pair of assists and blocks per contest. He is the real deal.

While he may not last to this point, the Bulls would have to start chuckling if he was still on the board for their pick. Faried is the total package as a power forward and would give Chicago one of the best frontcourts in the NBA within a year or two of developing. He has the tools already in place, and just need to polish up a bit of his skills while improving at the free throw line.

While Carlos Boozer may sound well and good, he is always an injury away from missing the season. That will only grow worse with age. Faried could step right in and be the biggest rebounding presence the Bulls have had since Dennis Rodman.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/6...-chicago-bulls

Comment

Working...
                                X