2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maleko wrote: View Post
    Can Perry Jones effectively play the 3? I have read a number of scouting reports on him which are somewhat all over the place, but I haven't seen him play. With his reported ball handling skills and abilities, at 6'11" he could be a strong candidate for long term. It would build length, which is what the Lakers bother everyone else about, across the board from 3-5 for the Raps.
    Again haven't had the chance to see him, so I don't know what he would mean for us, just inquiring.
    I see him as a mobile 4 man, think Andre Blatch/Kevin Garnett type frame, I am not saying he plays like KG, just moves like him.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Maleko wrote: View Post
      Can Perry Jones effectively play the 3? I have read a number of scouting reports on him which are somewhat all over the place, but I haven't seen him play. With his reported ball handling skills and abilities, at 6'11" he could be a strong candidate for long term. It would build length, which is what the Lakers bother everyone else about, across the board from 3-5 for the Raps.
      Again haven't had the chance to see him, so I don't know what he would mean for us, just inquiring.
      I've seen conflicting reports as well. I've also read that Baylor is not using his perimeter skills effectively. Things will become clearer as the draft gets closer.

Comment

• NBAdraft.net is giving Perry Jones a T-Mac/Anthony Randolph comparison... Boy the gap is wide there haha. Anyway, they have him slotted into the Clippers at #8. Harrison Barnes is going to Toronto if they're correct.

http://www.nbadraft.net/

Comment

• If Raptors get Barnes, will they start him over James?
          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Baylor's guard play isn't very good, either. They really struggle getting the ball to him in the post. That said, he really should've dominated a few teams theyve played regardless and he really hasn't. It isn't a "his talent is more geared towards the pros" type situation either. He's certainly the most athletic prospect and has the highest ceiling but it's an awfully deep basement too if you catch my drift. Raps can't afford to gamble.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
              If Raptors get Barnes, will they start him over James?
              Probably not to start but if he's as good as advertised he would relatively soon.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I project the raptors get jipped in the draft, get 6th pick and pick Barnes if UNC lose second round in NCAA tournament.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• They won't
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                    I project the raptors get jipped in the draft, get 6th pick and pick Barnes if UNC lose second round in NCAA tournament.
                    At this point, I would not consider Barnes to 1) cause the Raps to get jipped, and 2) fall to 6.

*EDIT* On second thought, I think you meant jipped to mean they slip down. Either way, I'd be happy with Barnes at 6.

Comment

• which SF would you draft?

PHsteve brought up a good point in the podcast about taking Harrison Barnes if Kyrie is not available. To further that thought, assuming if both SF were available, would you go with Barnes or Terrence Jones of KU, maybe even Perry Jones of BU?

Comment

• looks like i need to watch some march madness because i have seen too little of these guys to make a proper decision.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I really liked Terrence earlier in the year but his blocks and steals have slipped of late. I had envisioned him like a Josh Smith type player. I was probably wrong.

I envisioned a Josh Smith style player on the wing, as long as Bargnani is here, but even a lock down defender would be good. I think it has to come down to Barnes or Jones and from the games I've seen of late, Barnes would be my pick. I"m sure that will change a dozen times between now and the draft - assuming the Raps do not get #1.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            I really liked Terrence earlier in the year but his blocks and steals have slipped of late. I had envisioned him like a Josh Smith type player. I was probably wrong.

I envisioned a Josh Smith style player on the wing, as long as Bargnani is here, but even a lock down defender would be good. I think it has to come down to Barnes or Jones and from the games I've seen of late, Barnes would be my pick. I"m sure that will change a dozen times between now and the draft - assuming the Raps do not get #1.
                            I really liked the idea of Terrence Jones as well, but wavering. Only thing that concerns me is TJones's attitude as both the reports and what I have seen he doesn't always go all out. Makes me think too much of the bad parts of Vince and Mcgrady.

Comment

• Ya so now Cleveland is looking at Irving first, and then Barnes with their second pick (from the Clippers). All comes down to the lottery!

Source: http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/37356

Comment

• Perry Jones Suspended For Remainder Of Season

Perry Jones III will not play for Baylor in Wednesday's Big 12 Tournament game.

A radio station in Kansas City is reporting that Perry Jones' suspension is related to accepting impermissible benefits, and Jason King of Yahoo says Perry Jones is suspended for the rest of the year by the NCAA.

Jones is widely considered a top-five pick in the 2011 NBA Draft.

On a per 36 minutes basis, Jones averaged nearly 15 points on 54.8% shooting and 7.5 rebounds for Baylor.
                                http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...nder_Of_Season

O SNAP! This'll probably hurt his draft status a lot. I don't think he can go in the top 5 if he gets suspended for the rest of the season. A lot of people had him going in the top 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X