2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pele wrote: View Post
    Please, no Ennes Kanter or any other European.

Realistically, we need a point guard who has all-star potential. The only two available for 2011 are Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker.

I predict the Raps will have the 3rd and 20th pick in the 1rst round. Let's pretend that BC is somehow able to trade Jose or Barbosa for a top 10 pick

If Irving is taken in the first two and P. Jones is available, BC should grab Perry.
    If we get Irving with the 3rd pick, BC should take either Sullinger, Barnes or Alec Burks with the late top ten pick. (depending on who's available) If we get Perry Jones with the 3rd, grab Kemba Walker with the other top 10 pick.

Finally, with the 20th pick I suggest BC take a chance on Renardo Sidney. He'd give us some toughness and plenty of charisma. By that time, maybe he'd see Toronto as a 2nd chance to the big-time.
    Kemba? Kyrie? Those sound foreign to me. Same with Renadro. What is he, Mexican? Jones, Bukrs and Barnes sound like the types of guys the Raptors should have. Good, American kids. I'm just upset there are no white Americans available because I'd rather have those.

Yes, you sound a little like that.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Pele wrote: View Post
      Please, no Ennes Kanter or any other European.

Realistically, we need a point guard who has all-star potential. The only two available for 2011 are Kyrie Irving and Kemba Walker.

I predict the Raps will have the 3rd and 20th pick in the 1rst round. Let's pretend that BC is somehow able to trade Jose or Barbosa for a top 10 pick

If Irving is taken in the first two and P. Jones is available, BC should grab Perry.
      If we get Irving with the 3rd pick, BC should take either Sullinger, Barnes or Alec Burks with the late top ten pick. (depending on who's available) If we get Perry Jones with the 3rd, grab Kemba Walker with the other top 10 pick.

Finally, with the 20th pick I suggest BC take a chance on Renardo Sidney. He'd give us some toughness and plenty of charisma. By that time, maybe he'd see Toronto as a 2nd chance to the big-time.
      If Cleveland has the #1 pick, chances are, they're taking Sullinger. And there's no way a team is giving up a top-10 pick for either Calderon or Barbosa.

And I don't know what your beef is with Kanter. He's a very good prospect.

And the Heat pick won't be #20. Chances are, it'll be mid-late 20's.

Comment

• core2man wrote: View Post
        do you maybe know any streams for ncaa games?
        I don't.... anyone else?

Comment

• I really like T. Jones after watching the game today. He reminds me of younger Gerald Wallace but a little more in control.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            I don't.... anyone else?
            Doesn't atdhe .me have streams of the NCAA? They used too.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
              http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...ry-Jones-3630/

Perry Jones
              Lots of positives but....
              "It's not easy to teach toughness and hustle, though, and these are things that are sorely lacking in Jones' game at the moment."
              that was a amazing piece of work! love that video.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Doesn't atdhe .me have streams of the NCAA? They used too.
                Nope,just nba games.If im not wrong.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                  that was a amazing piece of work! love that video.
                  Ya they did a good job of breaking him down. I think alot of people are being to hard on the kid. If he were playing with the Longhorns or Blue Devils he'd be owning the league. Baylor sucks and his teammates are SHITE. Put him beside Irving and get him his fair amount of touches and he's the runaway #1 pick. No Questions Asked.

Comment

• But if he is soft as the article suggests and he is playing against boys, the chances of him developing a set of #uts while playing against men is minimal. What the core of this team does not need is another soft player with the resultant negative effects on the Def end and the boards. I would take a pass on him, if he is indeed soft

Comment

• q
                      jbml wrote: View Post
                      But if he is soft as the article suggests and he is playing against boys, the chances of him developing a set of #uts while playing against men is minimal. What the core of this team does not need is another soft player with the resultant negative effects on the Def end and the boards. I would take a pass on him, if he is indeed soft
                      Alot of people said Bosh was soft. But take him out of the post and it becomes ALOT less of a hindrance to your team. I'm not sure it's as big a deal as people are making it out to be. His athleticism and length is enough to almost guarentee Josh Smith like progress at the SF. Not to mention I'd say he's MORE athletic and IS longer than Josh Smith.

Comment

• http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebask...es-foot-021211

Chris Singleton to have surgery on fractured foot. This could be another Ed Davis. He is projected around mid-first round right now. MIA pick?

Comment

• Nice Terrence Jones video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgmxg8OF90

Check out 1:11 and the final highlight.

Comment

• Perry Jones
                            Terrence Jones
                            Jarred Sullinger

either of these 3. they can play the 3 and the 4
                            http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

• YKR23 wrote: View Post
                              Perry Jones
                              Terrence Jones
                              Jarred Sullinger

either of these 3. they can play the 3 and the 4
                              Sullinger is 6'9" and 280. He isn't playing the 3.

Comment

• Perry Jones is exactly the type of guy that scares me the most in the draft. He oozes potential, but does not appear to have any of the intangibles that make a great player: focus, drive, mental toughness. Sure, you can write some of that off as him simply being young, but it doesn't necessarily mean he'll get it. One of the things I liked about both DeRozan and Davis is they both had that drive and focus. I don't see it in Jones.

If Jones had gone to a big school, like Duke or Kentucky, and he was putting up the numbers he has, I could see that. But Baylor simply isn't talented enough for him not to be trying to dominate with the potential he has. Maybe he'll turn it on, but at this point, I'd rather let someone else take a flyer on him. I really don't want the Raptors to be drafting Tracy McGrady 2.0, quite frankly. There's a reason he's never been out of the first round and never fulfilled his potential.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X