• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when workouts start?

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      Henson sucks who gives a shit
      On one hand you praise Lamb and then you turn around and bash Henson? The kid averages a double-double, shoots 50%, and averages over 3 blocks a game. Might want to give your head a shake there, friend.

Comment

• Henson is extremely soft around the basket, rarely finishing if theres any kind of contact and what position do you play him at exactly? The 4? Even a guy like Keon Clark could post him up he's so undersized.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• To say his stats are misleading is a massive understatement. Have you ever watched him play?
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

To say his stats are misleading is a massive understatement. Have you ever watched him play?
            His stats are a massive understatement? He plays in arguably the toughest conference in the nation. Come on. And don't play that "Have you ever watched him play?" card on me, brother. That's incredibly weak. I've watched him play, and he's a very good defender. He's weak because of his frame, but the kid can play. He'll be even better next year at Carolina. I don't think it's far fetched at all to consider him to be a Marcus Camby type without the offense.

Comment

Henson is extremely soft around the basket, rarely finishing if theres any kind of contact and what position do you play him at exactly? The 4? Even a guy like Keon Clark could post him up he's so undersized.
              In a past post in here I've suggested playing Henson at the 3 actually. And there is alot of stats and evidence to back up the fact that he can in fact play the swing.

Comment

• He's a poor mans tyrus thomas
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Kemba Not Entering The Draft?

"Everyone's got the assumption that I'm leaving," Walker said. "Everybody says, 'Oh, he had his Senior Night already and he's graduating early,' but that's not even the case. I just want to get (class work) over with because if I was able to come back, I would have maybe one class. . . . I don't see why people make those assumptions."

Walker was asked Sunday whether there would be anything left to accomplish if the Huskies captured the title.

"Yes, if we win a national championship, I'm thinking back-to-back," he said. "We'll have a great team. We'll have the same team, actually. If I could get back to this point again, it would be fun. These guys are like my brothers."
                  Source: RealGM.com

Kemba has a really good head on his shoulders. I'd love to see someone do a bio on him about what got him to where he is now. It would no doubt be an excellent story. I'm really surprised he sounds like he's leaning to stay. It seems like he cares only about ball. The lure of the NBA doesn't seem to be winning him over.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Source: RealGM.com

Kemba has a really good head on his shoulders. I'd love to see someone do a bio on him about what got him to where he is now. It would no doubt be an excellent story. I'm really surprised he sounds like he's leaning to stay. It seems like he cares only about ball. The lure of the NBA doesn't seem to be winning him over.
                    Kemba all day baby. Black and red will look good on him.

PS , Apollo, what do I win for my bracket lol?

Comment

• Lets get the left handed Bargnani 2.0 (Donatas Motiejunas).

Strengths: Versatile lefty bigman with a high ceiling ... Has a lot of potential due to his size, agility and offensive development ... A finesse 4-man with excellent versatility, but shows the toughness to play inside with contact ... Shows a strong ability to run the floor and change directions, start and stop ... Has great legs (strong) and feet (quick) ... Has inside/outside ability with the ability to defend inside and play with his back to the basket, as well as knock down shots on the perimeter ... His outside shot has both range and consistency, and he has begun to develop some excellent moves including a jump hook, a turnaround fadeaway as well as fakes to draw opponents off their feet and excellent footwork ... Shows a competitive fire. He has a strong desire to win and improve, he just needs to show that at all times ... Gets off the floor quickly and has solid explosiveness ... A solid shot blocker ... Comfortable handling the ball when necessary to break the press and has solid vision and passing ability ... Has a very good body and appears that he will be able to add upperbody strength and become a solid rebounder and interior post player at the NBA level ...

Weaknesses: Is extremely talented and he knows it. At times he doesn't keep the pedal to the metal, exhibiting some lapses in focus and intensity (laziness) in practices ... Sometimes appears content to be better than others without dominating them the way he's capable ... That's the type of thing that he'll need to mature out of, learning to work hard at all times in order to reach the stature of a Gasol or Nowitzki ... Still needs to add polish on his moves on the perimeter but has excellent potential to do so ... Has thin arms and upperbody, although he has solid strength. He'll need to get stronger to contend with NBA bigs ... Solid length (6-11 wingspan) but nothing extraordinary ... Not as experienced or established as other European talents (such as Gasol or Nowitzki) were when they entered the NBA.
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Apr 5, 2011, 01:28 PM.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        Kemba all day baby. Black and red will look good on him.

PS , Apollo, what do I win for my bracket lol?
                        A pat on the back, job well done.

Maybe I could come up with a cool championship avatar if you're interested?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I pat on the back, job well done.

Maybe I could come up with a cool championship avatar if you're interested?
                          Ohhh i am totally interested! Your reg and barbo "stroll through the tulips" was gold!!!

Comment

• NBADraft.net has us drafting Jan Vesely (NBA Comparison: Mike Dunleavy/Andrei Kirilenko) at #3.

Strengths: Possesses a terrific combination of size and length for the SF position ... Offensively, he improved his low post game and is looking to post up more this year; he can post up smaller defenders and uses his height advantage to score over defenders; has a height/length advantage on almost every player in Europe ... Jan has good motor and excellent ability to run the floor (most of his points are off of dunks, put-backs and points in transition) ... Good hands around the basket ... Facing up to the basket, he is able to get to the rim quickly due to his quickness and good first step. Very explosive off the floor when attacking the bucket and finishes strong ... As a shooter he improved since last year and feels more confident taking shots outside the 3pt line and creating off the dribble; his mechanics and follow-through look fluid; good elevation on his shot ... If he catches the ball and his feet are set and pointed towards the basket he usually will knock down shots ... Defensively he is good, thanks to his length and can guard multiple positions ... His lateral quickness is impressive for his size and he does a solid job at moving his feet (good P&R defender and closes well on the perimeter staying in front of guards) ... Plays with lot of emotion ... A competitive player that hustles for loose balls and brings energy on the court ...

Weaknesses: Vesely needs to continue improving his offensive skills. He's still a work in progress as a player as his athleticism and "wow plays" exceed his effectiveness and consistency ... He has had a decent season but more was expected from him coming into the year ... He is limited to one or two dribbles when creating off the dribble and needs to improve his 1-on-1 game and ball-handling skills ... Has to become more efficient/consistent shooter overall (50% FG, 46% FT, 46.3% 3FG in Euroleague and 74.1 % FG, 51% FT, 31.8% 3FG in NLB League) ... Hasn't added any weight since last year and will have to get stronger in order to compete in the NBA; still has trouble finishing plays under pressure ... Has strength and athleticism but not productive enough as a rebounder (4.4 rpg in NLB League and only 2.9 rpg in Euroleague) ... Could run into some problems fitting into an NBA position as his length slows him some on the perimeter in the half court set and he lacks the strength and toughness to play in the paint right now ...
                            http://www.nbadraft.net/players/jan-vesely

*in before soft euro hate posts*

Comment

• Raps might end season with 3rd worst record....that is a LEGITIMATE shot at the 1st pick

Even though these guys Irving, Barnes, Sullinger (if someone talks sense into him), Valanciunas are supposed to be good, but not great players...There is still a good chance that one of them will emerge as a star in the NBA (ie. Even in the 2006 draft, Brandon Roy became a star before his knees gave up. And Aldridge might very well become a top 5-10 bigman which is no slouch.)

1st pick will put all the onus on the Raps scouting (esp. BC) to decide who that star is.

Comment

• my picks
                                1. kyrie irving (we will have to get the 1st pick)
                                2.Derrick Williams , if he declares ( BIG if)
                                3Harrison Barnes , if he declares ( BIG if)
                                4.Jonas Valanciunas , wont declare if there is a lockout ( BIG IF)
                                5.Enes Kanter, if his knees are okay ( BIG if)
                                If all else fails just draft Perry Jones and roll the dice

** EDIT ** scratch perry jones from that list, just checked nbadraf.net and they dont even have mcgrady as a comparison for jones anymore. only anythony randolph. that risk is to high and i wouoldnt take him.

I want D williams or Valanciunas

If alot of these guys dont declare this draft is really really.... really bad.
                                hopefully atleast one of derrick willams or harrison barnes declares for the draft. good players are pretty hard to find this year, there are to many question marks on alot of players entering the draft.... stupid lockout
                                it sucks the raps always get a high pick in these weird draft years ( like 2006-bargnani).
                                Last edited by pesterm1; Wed Apr 6, 2011, 04:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X