No announcement yet.

2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re the ESPN piece...htf does the writer know how the balls will fall? BobCats as #1??? They could make the playoffs with Indiana and NY in freefall. Maybe he is making things up the player assessments as well.

Comment

• If the Raps are not looking at Bargs beyond this contract...Valanciunas makes even more sense

My updated draft board for the Raps would be:

1. Irving
      2. Valanciunas
      3. Barnes

After that, probably:

Kanter
      Knight
      PJones

But Im waiting on more info about Kanter's knees (if they are really an issue), and if PJones has any drive to compete and improve his game.

I honestly wouldn't be mad at Raps for taking Knight even at 4 - if they could not work out a trade down or they suspected that other teams right below them were high on him.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
        Re the ESPN piece...htf does the writer know how the balls will fall? BobCats as #1??? They could make the playoffs with Indiana and NY in freefall. Maybe he is making things up the player assessments as well.
        It was just a screenshot that the poster took and pasted. It's not linked in with the article.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
          Re the ESPN piece...htf does the writer know how the balls will fall? BobCats as #1??? They could make the playoffs with Indiana and NY in freefall. Maybe he is making things up the player assessments as well.
          NBA Ready or Not?

The screenshot was of the lottery generator thing.

Comment

• I still say if we don't get the number one pick we take kenneth faried I see the Ben Wallace in him.

Comment

• Kings win, Kings win!

Toronto is tied for fourth worst!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Kings win, Kings win!

Toronto is tied for fourth worst!
                Don't get happy.

Kings Schedule wrote:
                Tue 3/29 Suns | Wed 3/30 @Nuggets | Fri 4/1 Nuggets | Sun 4/3 Jazz | Tue 4/5 @Rockets | Wed 4/6 @Spurs | Fri 4/8 @Grizzlies | Sun 4/10 @Warriors
                Raptors Schedule wrote:
                Wed 3/30 Bucks | Sat 4/2 @Bulls | Sun 4/3 Magic | Tue 4/5 @Knicks | Wed 4/6 Cavaliers | Fri 4/8 @76ers | Sun 4/10 Nets | Mon 4/11 @Bucks
                We'll at least get 2 wins (Nets and Cavs at home) can't say the same about the Kings.

edit:

Man I wish we can get a 2nd rounder so we can get Harrellson. This guy is a beast.
                Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

• The way they're playing I wouldnt be surprised if the raps don't win again this season
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• 2011 NBA Draft Early Entrants

http://www.nbadraft.net/2011-nba-draft-early-entrants

I usually question this sites information but this is a good place to get an idea of who is in or out plus the key dates leading up to the draft.

Comment

• Jared Sullinger to stay at Ohio state

Jared Sullinger To Stay At Ohio State, Pass On 2011 NBA Draft, Father Says
                      Mar
                      1:22p
                      by Mike Prada

Jared Sullinger appears to be serious about his post-game declaration that he would return to Ohio State for his sophomore year and pass on declaring for the 2011 NBA Draft. Sullinger's father told Pete Thamel of the New York Times that he is sure his son will be coming back to school.

Satch Sullinger on his son: "You can etch it in stone. Jared Sullinger will be back at The Ohio State University."

This is a bit of a surprise, because Sullinger is expected to be one of the first players selected in the 2011 NBA Draft. Draft Express has him going No. 4 in its latest mock draft, and ESPN's Chad Ford has him in the same spot. But the prospect of an NBA lockout, combined with Sullinger's own desire to keep his college experience alive, has evidently convinced Sullinger to stay in school.

Ohio State will lose three starters -- Jon Diebler, David Lighty and Dallas Lauderdale -- to graduation, but returns Sullinger, William Buford, Deshaun Thomas and Aaron Craft next season, making the Buckeyes a potential candidate to open the season as the nation's No. 1 team.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2011/3/2...tate-nba-draft
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Hopefully Barnes will declare even though UNC did not win.

Comment

• I don't see faried anywhere on that list but everyone knows he is a lottery mid-first round. Tyshawn Taylor is at late second round undrafted if he goes undrafted Toronto must pick him up I don't think we have a second round pick this year. If we trade bargnani for something in this draft Terrence jones would be the guy I would go for.

There are always sleepers in the draft guys who are on good teams that run very rigid sets and go unnoticed. Josh selby has come off the bench mainly cause of Taylor add on top of that his suspension which no one knows what he did besides the coach and the team and I see a diamond in the rough waiting to be found.

The toughness of Terrence jones is showing going through Ohio st and now unc playing solid defense and playing within the sets I like his game.

Faried is just a BEAST

So far my 2 calls for the tourney have been right morehead beating louville, uk in the final 4.

Comment

• Dallas Lauderdale is a cool-ass name. I'm jealous.

Comment

• For someone who can go this high and may be a top pick, it will be shocking if he turns down going pro especially considering the millions he may be risking.

In the end money talks and bullshit walks.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                                For someone who can go this high and may be a top pick, it will be shocking if he turns down going pro especially considering the millions he may be risking.

In the end money talks and bullshit walks.
                                But if there's a lockout then nobody's playing, and nobody's gettin' paid. I can see the reasoning behind these guys going back to school. For some it might even be for educational purposes, imagine that!

Comment

Working...
                                X