2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boko wrote: View Post
    Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?
    Neither Felton or Sessions are RFA this summer.

Comment

Do we draft Knight or Fredette or offer RFAs Felton or Sessions a contract this summer?
      Fredette will go in the teens, way too much of a stretch for the Raptors to take him. His defense is worse than Calderon's. There is no chance the Raps draft Jimmer.
      Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Neither Felton or Sessions are RFA this summer.
        You're right ... Sessions has a player option next summer ... and I'm not sure why Felton is unrestricted next summer, but is NOT 'restricted' this summer.

Comment

• RaptorDan wrote: View Post
          Fredette will go in the teens, way too much of a stretch for the Raptors to take him. His defense is worse than Calderon's. There is no chance the Raps draft Jimmer.
          They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran, instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.

Please, don't bring up Kapono ... he didn't lead the NCAA in scoring, too! Thanks ...
          Last edited by Boko; Wed May 18, 2011, 05:22 PM. Reason: additional thoughts

Comment

http://www.nba.com/bobcats/11_mock_drafts.html reviews 11 different sites & is compiled & updated by the Bobcats ...
            why are you qouting me to post that?
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.
              I think our league worst defense is more of a priority than 3-point shooting. His man on man defense is atrocious. He is 22, which is a little old, meaning his potential isn't great as say, Knight. Also he is more of a combo guard rather than a true point guard, which we already have in Bayless.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

They can trade down to get both Fredette & a veteran, instead ... AND I find it difficult to believe that a team with the worst 3-point % in the NBA would pass up a chance to get the best 3-point shooter coming out of the NCAA.

Please, don't bring up Kapono ... he didn't lead the NCAA in scoring, too! Thanks ...
                Why do that when you can draft Brandon Knight who can shoot the 3 but is way superior defender?
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Bargnani+5th pick and trade exception to Minnesota for their 2nd pick and Milicic. It appears that they look to trade down. Then we draft Derrick Williams.

Comment

You're right ... Sessions has a player option next summer ... and I'm not sure why Felton is unrestricted next summer, but is NOT 'restricted' this summer.
                    Felton played out his qualifying offer from CHA and became an UFA last summer. He signed a 2 year $14.5M deal with NYK last summer. He will be an UFA again next summer.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Why do that when you can draft Brandon Knight who can shoot the 3 but is way superior defender?
                      Fredette can't play defense. Knight can play PG. Either way, you're screwed.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• BC will pull some matrix sh*t off and get us a top player.

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani+5th pick and trade exception to Minnesota for their 2nd pick and Milicic. It appears that they look to trade down. Then we draft Derrick Williams.
                          The TPE cannot be combined with a player in a trade out ... UNLESS they can split it into two trades and still have both pass the NBA tests , - before becoming official (that was for BC ...)
                          Last edited by Boko; Wed May 18, 2011, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            Fredette can't play defense. Knight can play PG. Either way, you're screwed.
                            i say we grab kemba and trade jose for -insert 3 pt shooter here- then bayless and kemba can split the minutes.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                              What are Knights "red flags" exactly?
                              He struggled early when asked to run Kentucky's offense, and only flourished when given the ball and simply asked to go out and do his thing. In other words, he couldn't run a structured offense.

He was at the bottom of the top 100 in assist to turnover ratio and pure point guard rating.

He's a PG who struggles with his decision making, probably the most important skill of a PG.

He's apparently very quiet and reserved and doesn't have the personality of a leader, again a trait you want from your PG.

If the Raptors were drafting in the late teens, then I'd say jump on him because he's probably got a good future as a third guard. For a 22 win team without a lot of talent, I say no way.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                i say we grab kemba and trade jose for -insert 3 pt shooter here- then bayless and kemba can split the minutes.
                                Don't you want one of your PGs to be able to, you know, pass the ball?
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X