2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo wrote: View Post
    NBAdraft.net is run by people in the industry. I'm not sure you should simply write them off.
    No not at all, i didint mean it in that way. That was clearly just my opinon and trying to point something out, doesnt make it right though lol.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Why? Are the Raptors going to be contending anytime soon?
      possibly, stop ripping on peoples comments its kind of annoying.

Comment

• i took the time to read it.

The Mock Draft is based on sourcing inside teams. However, it's very early in the process. I think they could go either way, but I believe they are leaning toward Williams ... yes.
        read it again. still doesn't say it.

he said that his mock is based on 'sources inside teams'. it didn't say 'my source inside toronto told me that they're leaning towards drafting williams if they win the lottery'.

i mean, saying something like 'i believe they are leaning towards williams' says exactly that, he believes they are, not un-namable unidentified sources inside teams are telling him that they are.

Comment

• funkie wrote: View Post
          i took the time to read it.

read it again. still doesn't say it.
          Am I the only one scratching their head here?

You now have Raptors drafting Derrick Williams #1. Is this from what you're hearing from their Front Office?

Chad Ford
          (1:54 PM)

The Mock Draft is based on sourcing inside teams.
          That's clear as day. He's saying he's talked with inside sources and for this reason he's placed the Raptors drafting Derrick Williams #1. Do you think if his inside source told him that Derrick Williams is #2 on their draft board that he would place Derrick Williams #1 in a mock draft for the Raptors? Would that make any sense?

Comment

• it's not clear as day at all. Evan from Toronto asks a direct question. Chad Ford answers with an indirect answer and states that it his own belief. just because he mentions inside sources doesn't mean its from toronto.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              Kanter is number 2 on my list after irving. Dwill is no longer on my list, we got kleiza.
              even if he wasn't injured he still sucks, dude turn the ball over every damn time, atleast he put forth effort but he just isnt good it would be foolish to pass on him because we got kleiza

Comment

it's not clear as day at all. Evan from Toronto asks a direct question. Chad Ford answers with an indirect answer and states that it his own belief. just because he mentions inside sources doesn't mean its from toronto.
                Evan asks him a question and he tells him his work is based on sources inside teams. Do you think he would place Derrick Williams #1 if sources inside teams told him Williams is #2?

Comment

it's not clear as day at all. Evan from Toronto asks a direct question. Chad Ford answers with an indirect answer and states that it his own belief. just because he mentions inside sources doesn't mean its from toronto.
                  But he doesn't say 'inside sources'.

He says 'by sourcing inside teams'. Thats a HUGE difference.
                  I think it's pretty clear.

Comment

• we can argue until we turn blue in the face, but to save it from coming to that, just admit you're wrong

hesketh, you're right, he didn't say inside source. he said sourcing inside teams which could mean any team but toronto. HUGE difference is right.

Comment

hesketh, you're right, he didn't say inside source. he said sourcing inside teams which could mean any team but toronto. HUGE difference is right.
                      'Could' mean any team. So you're basing you're entire argument on speculation, where as we are basing it on what the quote actually says.

Comment

we can argue until we turn blue in the face, but to save it from coming to that, just admit you're wrong

No, it could mean any, no buts, team. At the end of that day it would seem you've finally agreed with me; it's not Chad's opinion, it's directly due to a source inside an NBA club. Thanks for playing.

Comment

• you can draw at as many straws as you want, at the end of the day, ford answers that's what he believes. maybe you should read it over again from top to bottom. take your time doing it.

Comment

• What he believes directly due to what someone inside an NBA team told him.

Comment

• lame.

Comment

• If we took Williams over Irving id have the meltdown to end all meltdowns
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X