2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smushmush wrote: View Post
    I have noticed that everyone has relegated Terrence Jones to the background including me, my bad . Yes, Terrence Jones might not be able to score in bunches like Harrison Barnes or Derrick Williams - basically he is a role player not an alpha dog but he fills up the stat sheet a la Lamar Odom . We have a similar player to Terrence Jones on the Raptors, a glue guy who fills up the stat sheet in James Johnson except that Terrence Jones is better in that he makes 3 point shots at a decent clip . Imo, Terrence Jones will be best served on a team where he is not relied on for scoring rather should be viewed as a glue guy, he is a good fit for a team that has a scoring point guard or shooting guard averaging 23-25 ppg basically - Terrence Jones stat line in his prime imo will be 15 ppg, 7+ rpg, 2-3 apg, 2-3 spg. The question we should ask is that can DD average those kind of numbers to trade down in the draft to get Terrence Jones? That is the million dollar question, right now .
    r u crazy? why would we trade DD? that is the stupidest thing to do

Comment

• That was the most retarded last play I've ever seen. Knight should of took the last shot. Who the fuck would tell a bad 3 pt shooter to take a contested 3 (for the win) over one of the most clutch players IN THE NCAA.

Comment

• I said it before and I will say it again draft kenneth faried and trade bargnani and go get terrence jones! he was solid tonight, I should become a scout lol j/k

Comment

• I don't know how I feel about him at all. On one hand he does a lot of things that don't necessarily show up on the box score but he seems to be pretty solid through and through. My only issue is how much he's completely disappeared in the tourney outside of this one game. I think he'll make a great role player on a team with his shooting and defense but not much more than that.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• On one hand I have a boner for knight and was rooting for him, but on the other hand fuck Calipari. Go Kemba!
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He even disappeared at points in this game. A few times he was just standing around. He is solid but the knock against him is his attitude and that showed only a little tonight but it did show. How would that translate to a few lost games in the NBA when it can happen in the national semis.

EDIT: now that this was merged for clarity talking about T Jones.
              Last edited by Maleko; Sun Apr 3, 2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Just cause he wasn't scoring doesn't mean he disappeared, with out looking at the box score I know he had at least 4 steal and 10+ rebounds.

Comment

• Derrick williams / harrison barnes / brandon knight / burks / terence jones in that order please

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I said it before and I will say it again draft kenneth faried and trade bargnani and go get terrence jones! he was solid tonight, I should become a scout lol j/k
                    I'm afraid that Keneth Faried might be Joey Dorsey 2.0
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      r u crazy? why would we trade DD? that is the stupidest thing to do
                      He didn't mean trade DD he meant trade our high pick an get a later top 10 pick with something in return; like a vet. And then draft Terrence Jones with the later pick.

Comment

• I don't know a lot about Terrance Jones, but I am sort of hoping if we pick a small forward it will either be Harrison Barnes or Derrick Williams. They are guys that both look like they would fit really well in the line up we have set up as they can both shoot very well and have excellent size. From what I've read of T Jones, he seems to need a lot of work on his jumper and doesn't play physical enough in the post for a guy his size.
                        I'd rather take one of the guys that might be a real impact player for this team than than trade down for a guy like Jones who may or may not work out in the NBA. Also if we did trade down I'd rather get a guy like Knight than Jones.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• Kemba controlled the game. When he wasn't making buckets he was giving his teammates ample opportunities to make buckets. Knight had horrible day at the office for most of the game. Poor shot selection. He shot terrible from downtown, 3-11, but one of his makes was after the game had been decided.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            That was the most retarded last play I've ever seen. Knight should of took the last shot. Who the fuck would tell a bad 3 pt shooter to take a contested 3 (for the win) over one of the most clutch players IN THE NCAA.
                            I couldn't understand this play either. He had 6 seconds left on the clock when he released the shot as well. Plenty of time to get off a MUCH better shot. Either way, I've got UConn winning it in my bracket, and this game helped me seal the win for one of my Pool's. KEMBA.

Comment

• Kemba, all day and all night. I got Uconn winning in the RR bracket. I believe i'm the last man standing in that one too!

Man, Kemba would look good in the black and red next year. I got a hunch he is goin #1 though so lets hope those bouncing balls favor us!!

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Kemba, all day and all night. I got Uconn winning in the RR bracket. I believe i'm the last man standing in that one too!

Man, Kemba would look good in the black and red next year. I got a hunch he is goin #1 though so lets hope those bouncing balls favor us!!
                                if we draft for position its gotta be kyrie... but if we draft talent its gotta be perry joness..

Comment

Working...
                                X